What did everyone take out of the New Conference

billsfreak

I'm going to be one of the contrarians and say that I am encouraged by the Nix/Gailey team, especially now that he's fired John Guy. Obviously, there are other FO people that have been anchors for this organization for far too long. But, I'm satisfied if he wants to restructure one person at a time. It's interesting to note that as soon as the head coach search was resolved, Guy got flamed.

I have no problem with Ralph and Russ missing the PC. Russ didn't need to make it obvious to the national press that he knows nothing about football, we know that already. A prompt 25 minute news conference would last 5 hours while we wait for Ralph to complete a sentence. ESPN would cut away after 2 minutes due to viewers switching in droves to the Hallmark Channel.

I would have preferred Marty Schottenheimer at the helm, but we have bigger problems ahead with the uncapped year approaching and an unwillingness by league owners to support small market teams. I say all of these things with due respect for those who are more cynical of the hirings. After all, Ralph has bought and paid for all of this criticism by absolute ineptitude for a full decade or longer. If he's offended by it, he needs only to look in the mirror for his scapegoat.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know if Nix said anything about the 15 calls a day coming from 'qualified' people, i thought he simply said that he got 15 calls a day, and some of the names would surprise us. There are 30 pro teams and a couple hundred college teams that have coaches that I am sure feel they are viable enough to make that phone call.

and keep in mind that one of the more qualified people that were in discussions, Bill Cowher, allegedly gave the Bill's brass his thumbs up...that alone may have been the key factor.

2. If you really believe that 15 qualified people called every day for 5 or 6 weeks and wanted interviews, yet everyone anyone ever heard of beside Gailey turned down the opportunity, you are quite gullible yourself.

i don't know if Nix said anything about the 15 calls a day coming from 'qualified' people, i thought he simply said that he got 15 calls a day, and some of the names would surprise us. There are 30 pro teams and a couple hundred college teams that have coaches that I am sure feel they are viable enough to make that phone call.

and keep in mind that one of the more qualified people that were in discussions, Bill Cowher, allegedly gave the Bill's brass his thumbs up...that alone may have been the key factor.

Probably calls from his kids, grandkids, Dick Jauron, Rich Kotite.

A few things that I noticed that were kinda strange from the news conference the other day announcing the hiring of Chan Gailey.

1. I noticed right away that Nix, as soon as he started speaking was in a defensive mode. He was defending himself and the organization before anyone even asked him any questions.

2. Where were Ralphie Boy and Brandon. My guess is they were afraid of the criticism of their inability to run an organization successfully, and their super ability to run an organization into being the joke of the league, that they were afraid to show up.

3. 15 phone calls a day wanting an interview? Please. And none of those rumors of people declining interview offerings were true. Does he really think Bills fans are as dumb as we look sometimes following this team?

4. Has Nix looked at the lack of success of this organization over the past decade? How can he call out any other NFL team (Raiders) in a negative way when he should know that it is going to be broadcast on ESPN and NFL Network at a minimum?

5. As I was watching it,, it appeared to me that they could broadcast it at 11:30 on NBC on saturday nights withouth editing, it might be the funniest skit on Saturday Night Live.

6. On a lighter note, is that the most rednecks ever assembled at One Bills Drive? Chan Gailey might be an offspring of Ralphie, the ears are quite similar.

very insightful.