Should Gailey retain Van Pelt

RMBills

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Given Chan Gailey has stated he was going to be the OC as well as head coach, should he bring back AVP as offensive assistant/QB coach? I think Alex was tossed into a tough situation after Turk was fired and working for Jauron couldn't have been easy. He seemed to do better under Fewell. Bringing him back to work under Gailey, especially given his knowlege of the personell could free Gailey up to focus on getting a qualified DC.

Thoughts?

i like it

and it would help in avp's development as well.

I'd imagine Gailey has his own candidate in mind.

Lori. I beleive that Catavolos and Sanders will return. Both good coaches. No ideas on the DC, but if they stay that is a good start for that side of the ball. Not 100% positive.

I am not sure about Van Pelt. But it would not surprise me.

Lori. I beleive that Catavolos and Sanders will return. Both good coaches. No ideas on the DC, but if they stay that is a good start for that side of the ball. Not 100% positive.

I am not sure about Van Pelt. But it would not surprise me.

If CG interviews him and decides he's the best choice, I don't have a problem with that.

I would prefer he try to hire Frank Reich away from the Colts. Like Manning really needs a QB coach.

Believe Reich is officially the OC there, even if Moore is still there as a "consultant." Tough sell to make any lateral move in the league, much less one that could easily be argued as a significant downgrade.

(Not that I'd mind, just don't see it happening.)

Believe Reich is officially the OC there, even if Moore is still there as a "consultant." Tough sell to make any lateral move in the league, much less one that could easily be argued as a significant downgrade.

(Not that I'd mind, just don't see it happening.)

Is that the case? I thought so too, but, during last weeks playoff game, there was a shot of Tom Moore, he was identified as the Colts offensive coordinator, and, the announcer (already forgot who that was...losing my mind) said "Tom Moore, the only offensive coordinator Payton Manning has ever known at the NFL level." No mention of Frank Reich.

it seemed like AVP was trying to do what gailey has succeeded in doing with trying to make something from not much. maybe keeping him around as an assistant (sure give him the OC name even though he wont be calling plays or anything) would be good for us in the long run. if he learns from gailey and gailey succeeds, then maybe avp will develop into someone who is a good OC and can learn to run a team. plus, he should know his way through all the OC paperwork already so gailey wont have to do it all himself