Jets fan arrested

bladiebla

I agree but the Chargers fans around him make me doubt that he was really that bad. We'll see if anything comes out of this.

The lack of the standard "ahole" chant makes me think you are onto something.

I've actually seen the same thing happen to fans of other teams at the Ralph. I once saw them drag out a Titans fan after someone ostensibly lied about their behavior to security.

The lack of the standard "ahole" chant makes me think you are onto something.

I've actually seen the same thing happen to fans of other teams at the Ralph. I once saw them drag out a Titans fan after someone ostensibly lied about their behavior to security.

Like it or not, at the end of the day, it's always going to be the visiting fan that is removed. They're the catalyst here. Move them and it is guaranteed to stop. Remove the harassing home fan and there's no guarantee that someone else doesn't take over for him. Most of the time, if handled well by security and the visiting fan, you can just move them somewhere else in the stadium/arena, but obviously there are limitations to that approach.

Like it or not, at the end of the day, it's always going to be the visiting fan that is removed. They're the catalyst here. Move them and it is guaranteed to stop. Remove the harassing home fan and there's no guarantee that someone else doesn't take over for him. Most of the time, if handled well by security and the visiting fan, you can just move them somewhere else in the stadium/arena, but obviously there are limitations to that approach.

That does make sense, but I suppose the police/security could do a better job of explaining that to someone before they slap on the cuffs.

In my mind, it does more to make the Jets fan look bad than anyone else. He's taunting Chargers fans and then it cuts to him resisting arrest. A couple questions come to mind:

Why is this being filmed and who is filming it?

Do the people saying "he didn't do anything" know the Jets fan?

And of course the obvious, what happened during the edit?

Now I'm not going to support anyone's actions here (especially since we have no clue what happened), but it looks like one of those "you should know better" situations. Nothing good is ever going to happen when you taunt and entire stadium full of fans like that.

Good points, this doesn't pass the smell test.

There's an awfully convenient edit job there.

That's what I thought when watching it...

Although most of the fans in that area seemed to agree that it was wrong...

I agree but the Chargers fans around him make me doubt that he was really that bad. We'll see if anything comes out of this.

Good points. :ph34r:

Why not position an usher or cop up above them on the steps and monitor which SD fans are doing the idiocy and going down and warning them. JMO

Why not position an usher or cop up above them on the steps and monitor which SD fans are doing the idiocy and going down and warning them. JMO

We're a society that needs warnings on coffee cups about the drink being hot. If they don't take action before something happens, they're going to get sued. It really is a no win situation sometimes. People are stupid.