Starters in 2010

OFFENSE:

QB: McNabb or Vick (Brandons "BIG" marketing move)

TE1: Shawn Nelson

TE2: Stupar

RB: Fred Jackson

WR1: Lee Evans

WR2: Golden Tate (2nd round pick)

SLOT WR: Steve Johnson

LT: Anthony Davis (1st round pick)

LG: Eric Wood

C: Geoff Hangman

RG: Andy Levitre

RT: Brad Butler

FB: McIntyre

DEFENSE:

CB1: McGee

CB2: Florence

Nickel: McKelvin

Dime: Corner

DE: Kyle Williams (assuming Schobel retires)

DE: Chris Kelsay

NT: Marcus Stroud

SAM LB: Keith Ellison

WILL LB: Kawika Mitchell

JACK LB: Aaron Maybin (Hybrid LB/DE)

MIKE LB: Poz

SS: Donte Whitner / George Wilson

FS: Jairus Byrd

ST:

K: Lindell

P: Moorman

Thoughts? :blink:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OFFENSE:

DEFENSE:

ST:

Sigh....another attempt to move the team to a 3-4 that relies on Stroud as a nose tackle and Posluszny as an inside 3-4 'backer. Not good.

Basically, the 3-4 begins and ends w/ a strong presence @ the nose. Stroud is more of a gap penetrator than a clogger, so he is miscast in that role. Posluszny lacks the David Harris-type size and power to really hold up as an inside 'backer. I'd be very concerned for the Bills' run defense were they to try this.

OFFENSE:

DEFENSE:

ST:

Not too bad. If I was asked to pick it apart I would say on defense, Kelsay can not play end in the 34 and Stroud can not play NT. I think Stroud would be fine as an end but we would have to find a NT. Spencer Johnson is one of our DL that have the body type to play in the 34. I also pray that we don't have Keith Ellison starting for another season.

On offense, I hope we don't spend another high pick on a WR, although Tate was very impressive in college. Also, last year Wood was the RG and Levitre was the LG, so I doubt they would switch roles.

Not too bad. If I was asked to pick it apart I would say on defense, Kelsay can not play end in the 34 and Stroud can not play NT. I think Stroud would be fine as an end but we would have to find a NT. Spencer Johnson is one of our DL that have the body type to play in the 34. I also pray that we don't have Keith Ellison starting for another season.

On offense, I hope we don't spend another high pick on a WR, although Tate was very impressive in college. Also, last year Wood was the RG and Levitre was the LG, so I doubt they would switch roles.

Oops to the switch of the guards!

I think we may need to go NT first round... Suh...please be there? :blink:

Something tells me that 3-4 may not be the way to go this year... where would Kyle Williams fit?

As an end you mean, right?

He's 6-3, 286 lbs.

1. Schouman looked fantastic the first two games. Everybody seems to forget this for some reason.

2. You don't use a #11 pick on a guy who, in his limited playing time has looked like a big-time playmaker, to make him a nickel CB

3. 3-4, 4-3 it doesn't matter- there is no way Keith Ellison lines up as a starter next season.

I would love to see Maybin as an OLB in the 3-4 though. He showed a little something in that KC game, he's just gotta learn not to celebrate like Patrick Kaleta (whose celebrating I love by the way- he's earned it by becoming the best new Sean Avery in the NHL)

As an end you mean, right?

He's 6-3, 286 lbs.

switching to the 3/4 is going to complicate things . we really do not have the d line to play that system

stroud and williams were drafted and are are equipt to play 4/3 fronts, perhaps williams can move outside but i think stoud get killed at nt. now if we can go out and get one of the nose tackles avail in free agency then that is a different story

1. Schouman looked fantastic the first two games. Everybody seems to forget this for some reason.

2. You don't use a #11 pick on a guy who, in his limited playing time has looked like a big-time playmaker, to make him a nickel CB

3. 3-4, 4-3 it doesn't matter- there is no way Keith Ellison lines up as a starter next season.

I would love to see Maybin as an OLB in the 3-4 though. He showed a little something in that KC game, he's just gotta learn not to celebrate like Patrick Kaleta (whose celebrating I love by the way- he's earned it by becoming the best new Sean Avery in the NHL)

You cannot sit Florence. The man has been a huge asset to our team. He is probably our best CB on paper and never gets burned.

QB - Brohm

RB - Jackson

LT - Butler

LG - Levitre

C - Hangartner

RG - Wood

RT - Bell

TE - Nelson

WR - Evans

WR - Hardy

WR - Johnson

DE - Kelsay

DT - Williams

DT - Stroud

DT - Johnson

DE - Maybin

LB - Poz

LB - Mclain (draft)

CB - McKelvin

CB - McGee

CB - Wilson

FS - Byrd

5-2 defense

:-P

You cannot sit Florence. The man has been a huge asset to our team. He is probably our best CB on paper and never gets burned.

Dude, Drayton Florence is not going to start over either of the Mc's. He proved to be a great backup and nickel CB. But McKelvin was drafted 11TH OVERALL and when he has played, he has made big plays and his coverage was vastly improving toward the end of last year. I don't know what else to tell ya.

Dude, Drayton Florence is not going to start over either of the Mc's. He proved to be a great backup and nickel CB. But McKelvin was drafted 11TH OVERALL and when he has played, he has made big plays and his coverage was vastly improving toward the end of last year. I don't know what else to tell ya.

I know what to tell ya. We have too many CBs. We have 3 starting-caliber (albeit not legi shut-down) CBs. We should probably trade one of 'em to fill a need elsewhere. What if we trade Mcgee (our most valuable CB) to get a quality LB? or NT? Then Florence and McKelvin start with Corner at nickel. We shore up our front 3 (in a 3-4) and still have quality CBs.

Just thinking outside the box.

I think we may need to go NT first round... Suh...please be there? :lol:

Suh won't be there at #9. and would be a waste of talent in a 3-4. he would be a weapon in 4-3, like another pass-rushing DE.

OFFENSE:

TE2: Stupar What has he done to show you he can be a #2TE over Fine & Derek?

DEFENSE:

DE: Chris Kelsay 34 DE? no.

NT: Marcus Stroud HAHAHA, Stroud taking on 2 O-Line, we'd give up 400 yards a game

SAM LB: Keith Ellison A 34 LB? no

ST:

Thoughts? :lol:

BOLD

OFFENSE:

DEFENSE:

ST:

Thoughts? :lol:

I think your LB corp needs to be serious addressed. I just dont see that corp being the size needed for a 3-4 D. Everyone is pinning hopes on Maybin being a key to 3-4 I think Maybin may bin lucky to make the team or may see his role as a St evolve