just so everyone can see these blog entries about Shotty

The Poojer

it will be buried in another thread but i think people need to see it....it goes back before thanksgiving in some cases

doesn't sound like he wanted it all that badly

Well done, and this evidence will probably be summarily dismissed by all the "experts" and bloggers around here. Reality is hard on them.

On a random note but tangentially related, I cannot wait 'till this whole facebook 'thing' goes by the wayside. Good research suggest could be within the next 3-5 years and will be remembered in with a 'disco-eque' affection. I say this as tweeting and blogging really invalidate a lot and prove that access is not always productive.

...count down to over emotional reply by entitled bills fan in 10. 9. 8. 7. 6.....

On a random note but tangentially related, I cannot wait 'till this whole facebook 'thing' goes by the wayside. Good research suggest could be within the next 3-5 years and will be remembered in with a 'disco-eque' affection. I say this as tweeting and blogging really invalidate a lot and prove that access is not always productive.

yeah, I see the country going back to ink well and scrolls in a few years... :thumbsup:

Social media will never go away.

Well done, and this evidence will probably be summarily dismissed by all the "experts" and bloggers around here. Reality is hard on them.

...count down to over emotional reply by entitled bills fan in 10. 9. 8. 7. 6.....

You didn't realize that Pooj was using a spokesman from the team that turned down Marty, using Marty's on-the-record quotes, to prove a true journalist's story that Marty wanted the job was false, did you?

Candidates routinely publicly deny interest in positions that they are not assured of in order to protect their image and status if they do not get it in the end. I'm sure you've seen this before.

You've now gotten it from a source close to Marty and from someone who has proven they have information from inside Bills management. Give it up.

Candidates routinely publicly deny interest in positions that they are not assured of in order to protect their image and status if they do not get it in the end. I'm sure you've seen this before.

You've now gotten it from a source close to Marty and from someone who has proven they have information from inside Bills management. Give it up.

Thanks Joey

ok.....my bad...just trying to get it straight...i guess i was incorrect

yeah, I see the country going back to ink well and scrolls in a few years... :w00t:

Social media will never go away.

Not sure I said that, I actually name tweeting and facebook in particular. Social Media could mean email....and that is probably here for a while longer. And there are a few things between the ink well and scroll and tweeting......like the phone et al.

Anyway, I was right in my prediction........thanks for that.

Not sure I said that, I actually name tweeting and facebook in particular. Social Media could mean email....and that is probably here for a while longer. And there are a few things between the ink well and scroll and tweeting......like the phone et al.

Anyway, I was right in my prediction........thanks for that.

yeah, my reply was really over emotional... :w00t:

You didn't realize that Pooj was using a spokesman from the team that turned down Marty, using Marty's on-the-record quotes, to prove a true journalist's story that Marty wanted the job was false, did you?

...another, testimonial to my prediction. Thank you for that, also. Bottom line, it is easy to explain away Marty's public statements that he did not want to coach and then villify RW because Marty really did want to coach. Ok, so a respected journalist blogger throws RW under the bus......and makes a safe claim with no accountability.....and that cannot be challenged why again?

Besides, let's play pretend for a moment and I will accept that the respected Bills blogger / journalist story is 100% accurate that RW 96'ed a possible Marty hire......my point......who cares........how in the world can someone guarantee Marty would turn this franchise around or that it shows a renewed committment to RW wanting to win. How? It does nothing toward validating either. 1. Marty could not develop Drew Brees...is that lost on the 'angry' mob? How good is Marty knowing that? 2. RW owns the team and needs to do nothing to placate Bills fans. An owner makes a business decision......simple as that. Why do people all of the sudden feel entitled to express their outrage and then make claims they 'deserve' better.

This is the point. Media overall is not the most trustworthy of industries........this is hard to refute.

...another, testimonial to my prediction. Thank you for that, also. Bottom line, it is easy to explain away Marty's public statements that he did not want to coach and then villify RW because Marty really did want to coach. Ok, so a respected journalist blogger throws RW under the bus......and makes a safe claim with no accountability.....and that cannot be challenged why again?

Besides, let's play pretend for a moment and I will accept that the respected Bills blogger / journalist story is 100% accurate that RW 96'ed a possible Marty hire......my point......who cares........how in the world can someone guarantee Marty would turn this franchise around or that it shows a renewed committment to RW wanting to win. How? It does nothing toward validating either. 1. Marty could not develop Drew Brees...is that lost on the 'angry' mob? How good is Marty knowing that? 2. RW owns the team and needs to do nothing to placate Bills fans. An owner makes a business decision......simple as that. Why do people all of the sudden feel entitled to express their outrage and then make claims they 'deserve' better.

This is the point. Media overall is not the most trustworthy of industries........this is hard to refute.

Thank you for proving my point: that you lumped everyone that posted something on the Internet into the same basket, while giving Marty S' public comments ultimate credibility. Not sure why you pulled out the "Marty isn't that good" speak here, your original claim was this:

"Well done, and this evidence will probably be summarily dismissed by all the 'experts' and bloggers around here."

Tim Graham is a helluva lot more credible than most people who post on this forum. When he makes claims like these, he's risking potential backlash from teams, sources, etc. if he's wrong. He's got his name attached to it.

"This is the point. Media overall is not the most trustworthy of industries........this is hard to refute."

So, if the media isn't credible, how do you decide which media articles to trust? Did you ever think that, perhaps, other people can play the media in order to get the outcomes they desire?

I'm not claiming to have any idea what happened in the Marty S. situation. What I do know, though, is dismissing Tim Graham's post because he's some Internet Blogger and Marty S. has said differently in the past is shortsighted. You have no idea what exactly happened, likely never will, and will have to decide what to think for yourself, unless Marty S. or the Bills publicly say one way or the other (which will likely never happen).

Thank you for proving my point: that you lumped everyone that posted something on the Internet into the same basket. Not sure why you pulled out the "Marty isn't that good" speak here, your original claim was this:

"Well done, and this evidence will probably be summarily dismissed by all the 'experts' and bloggers around here."

Tim Graham is a helluva lot more credible than most people who post on this forum. When he makes claims like these, he's risking potential backlash from teams, sources, etc. if he's wrong. He's got his name attached to it.

"This is the point. Media overall is not the most trustworthy of industries........this is hard to refute."

So, if the media isn't credible, how do you decide which media articles to trust? Did you ever think that, perhaps, other people can play the media in order to get the outcomes they desire?

I'm not claiming to have any idea what happened in the Marty S. situation. What I do know, though, is dismissing Tim Graham's post because he's some Internet Blogger and Marty S. has said differently in the past is shortsighted. You have no idea what exactly happened, likely never will, and will have to decide what to think for yourself, unless Marty S. or the Bills publicly say one way or the other (which will likely never happen).

No worries, this could be an 'endless' dialogue and rather untenable at that. And yikes, I gave context to my Marty comments - you missed that explicit part and that is ok. I will avoid the expected flippant comment and just chalk that up to you wanting to make a point. Again, in this medium that is ok. And that is not flippant by the way, just genuine. Yet your post above is still validating my original claim. Oh, finally, not sure the Bill's blogger / Journalist (whom I have no problem stating could be 100% accurate) is really putting himself out there with these types of claims. That is the "media" today; as much info-tainment as anything. And he is doing a solid job.

No worries, this could be an 'endless' dialogue and rather untenable at that. And yikes, I gave context to my Marty comments - you missed that explicit part and that is ok.

:w00t: I don't really see anywhere in this thread where that was the case.

Yet your post above is still validating my original claim.

Not really. If I understand you correctly, your point was that someone was going to dismiss Marty's statement. I didn't dismiss it; I said we don't really know the true meaning behind his statement, and likely never will. Its quite a different position from a dismissal - a declaration that it can't be accurate.

Oh, finally, not sure the Bill's blogger / Journalist (whom I have no problem stating could be 100% accurate) is really putting himself out there with these types of claims. That is the "media" today; as much info-tainment as anything. And he is doing a solid job.

The idea of the media as info-tainment is valid to a degree, but the Bills still hold a lot of the cards. They don't like what Tim is saying? They can pull the plug on his press credentials, no prob.