Chan a Good Ole Boy?

timbuk3

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidently, Bills fans can poke fun of old men, surfers, educated men, short guys, fat guys, on and on..but NOT guys with Southern accents.

No kidding. And until we start not serving people with Southern accents in restaurants, refusing to let Southern natives vote without taking literacy tests, and making the governor call out the National Guard to let kids with Southern accents attend school with our children, I really think this whole hullaballoo is a bit much.

Accents are funny no matter where they come from. Hell, I make fun of my own WNY accent.

BINGO.

Evidently, Bills fans can poke fun of old men, surfers, educated men, short guys, fat guys, on and on..but NOT guys with Southern accents.

Silly. And hypocritical.

I GUARAN-DAMN-TEE if Chan Gailey doesnt do well, we will here a BARAGE of off color and anti-South comments.

I was down in Georgia and having a discussion with a woman who said that she had to deal with Northerners every day and said she had trouble understanding us Yankees sometime. I just laughed.

I was down in Georgia and having a discussion with a woman who said that she had to deal with Northerners every day and said she had trouble understanding us Yankees sometime. I just laughed.

That's very understandable actually since half of the northerners I've met talk like they're deaf in one ear. "I'm goin' ta go paak tha Kaw" or "Walk tha dawg".

I live in the South. The Titans are the home town team. You can bet the pressers are no way near "Deliverance" as the Bills' was this PM.

The guy was hired because he fits the present culture at OBD. Make no mistake about it, it's old guys feeling comfortable with other old guys and not wanting to step into the 21st century.

That would necessitate an in-touch with the NFL GM (there were many of those candidates available). Cowher recommended Gailey because he would fit what the GM & Owner wanted. Not because he was the best thing for the franchise in the long term.

Our credibility just went thru the floor. Our only positive is that we are better than the Raiders. I'm not sure for how much longer.

C

I live in Georgia. I'm not phased by or have any bias regarding southern accents.

For years, I've noticed the prejudice that comes from some Buffalonians (even some family members) regarding their preconceived ideas about people who have southern accents.

All I've heard since the Gailey press conference, on the blogs, WGR sites, here, etc. - is about the way he speaks.

I don't think the WNY natives south of the Amherst-Cheektowaga border have much ground to stand on regarding their speech patterns.

Not jist chick-a-tow-aga, but dem der sowt bufflo types sound real intellgint when dey're "mocking out" doze suddern people.

Yeah, I know, you don't think youse have an accent. You do. And it doesn't sound any closeer to da queen's inglish den someone from Alabama. Only difference is dat Chan Gailey has grits for breakfast (as i did this morning), and y'all are eating leftover perogis and Mighty Taco.

I live in Georgia. I'm not phased by or have any bias regarding southern accents.

For years, I've noticed the prejudice that comes from some Buffalonians (even some family members) regarding their preconceived ideas about people who have southern accents.

All I've heard since the Gailey press conference, on the blogs, WGR sites, here, etc. - is about the way he speaks.

I don't think the WNY natives south of the Amherst-Cheektowaga border have much ground to stand on regarding their speech patterns.

Not jist chick-a-tow-aga, but dem der sowt bufflo types sound real intellgint when dey're "mocking out" doze suddern people.

Yeah, I know, you don't think youse have an accent. You do. And it doesn't sound any closeer to da queen's inglish den someone from Alabama. Only difference is dat Chan Gailey has grits for breakfast (as i did this morning), and y'all are eating leftover perogis and Mighty Taco.

I thought it was Chick-a-de-vegas.

Yeah, I know, you don't think youse have an accent. You do.

EVERYBODY has an accent. The reason Nix and Gailey's accents were worthy of comment is that they sounded so out of place, is all. Not stupid, just different. I can give you plenty of examples of accents that supposedly render people stupid: Noo Yawk, Bahstin, Fargo youbetcha, etc. etc. Yet Southerners think they're the only folks whose accent wrongly connotes stupidity and that they alone have the right to complain. You think people didn't laugh at the way Jim Valvano talked when he got to NC State? More importantly, you think he gave a crap? I mean seriously, people need to lighten up.