Gaines Adams Dead at 26

This is really sad. 26 is waaaay to young to die. Steroid use can cause an enlarged heart. His family must be shocked.

I wonder if he was using steroids in college. It would explain his sudden drop in play once he got to the NFL. This could be another reason for kids to avoid steroids if this was caused by lingering effects of steroid use.

However, it is pro wrestling where the problem appears to be the most pervasive and deadly. In five of the 25 deaths, medical examiners concluded that steroids might have played a role. Excessive steroid use can lead to an enlarged heart. In 12 others, examiners in medical reports cited evidence of use of painkillers, cocaine and other drugs.

Sad news from Bears report via Twitter:

Chicago Bears defensive end Gaines Adams, 26, died this morning after he was taken to the Emergency Room at Self Regional in Greenwood, SC.

Looking for more links now

http://www.suntimes.com/1995729,bears-gain...-011710.article

I am 27 years old...and that is scary, sad stuff.

My prayers go out to the (no pun intended), Adams' family and the Bears' football family.

i hate to say this, but bucs made an awesome trade. they got a 2nd rounder in this year's draft, bears got a dead guy

OOOPS - you did say it.

Ice cold.

The guy the bucs draft with that pick will forever be the guy that was traded for a dead guy.

But perhaps a little early to be saying it.

This is really sad. 26 is waaaay to young to die. Steroid use can cause an enlarged heart. His family must be shocked.

I wonder if he was using steroids in college. It would explain his sudden drop in play once he got to the NFL. This could be another reason for kids to avoid steroids if this was caused by lingering effects of steroid use.

Gaines Adams play dropped off because he played at Clemson, in the weak ACC, his stats got inflated and he worked out well, thats why he was drafted so high. Did you ever see Gaines adams, he wasn't doing steroids, he got by on length, not strength. and speed

i hate to say this, but bucs made an awesome trade. they got a 2nd rounder in this year's draft, bears got a dead guy

:thumbsup:

Gaines Adams play dropped off because he played at Clemson, in the weak ACC, his stats got inflated and he worked out well, thats why he was drafted so high. Did you ever see Gaines adams, he wasn't doing steroids, he got by on length, not strength. and speed

I'm just pointing out that an enlarged heart is one of the consequences of steroid use. I don't know for sure he did but if that was the cause of his enlarged heart it's a warning for kids. JMO

BTW, in the future could you make sure your open and closing quotes match. It makes it harder to respond to you when they don't. Thanks.

:thumbsup:

I'm just pointing out that an enlarged heart is one of the consequences of steroid use. I don't know for sure he did but if that was the cause of his enlarged heart it's a warning for kids. JMO

BTW, in the future could you make sure your open and closing quotes match. It makes it harder to respond to you when they don't. Thanks.

i tried to but accidently deleted part of it.

I get the steroids issue, It just seems a little too early to be speculating on that type of thing so early IMO