Grimm interviewing this week for Bills job

Fewell733

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...with-the-bills/

Grimm will interview with the Bills

Posted by Mike Florio on January 13, 2010 10:04 AM ET

Despite reports suggesting that Cardinals offensive line coach Russ Grimm could decline an opportunity to interview for the head-coaching job in Buffalo, it appears that Grimm will proceed.

The Arizona Republic reports that the Bills have received permission from the Cardinals to talk to Grimm this week, as the Cardinals prepare to play the Saints.

Under league rules, teams that win in the wild-card round may grant or deny permission for head-coaching interviews to assistant coaches in the following week. No hire can be made until the playoff run ends.

Per the Republic, the interview could happen on Wednesday or Thursday evening in Arizona, or possibly on Sunday, the day after the division-round game.

Even if Grimm has misgivings about taking the job, it makes sense for him to talk to the Bills. The more he interviews, the better he'll be when interviewing -- and the more he'll be asked to interview.

Eventually, a sense will develop that it's inevitable Grimm will get an offer.

And when that happens, Grimm will have to think long and hard about whether it's the first of many, or the first of only a few. Sometimes, the window closes as quickly as it opened.

For more on this point, we yield the balance of our time to Jason Garrett.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If not the Schottenheimers, then I'd love to get Russ Grimm in here as our head coach.

Why? What has he done as an OC? What great QB's has he developed? I can go on but it's moot point. This is another 'name' that fans know so they must be good.

Because he works cheap. ESPN has agreed to pay him in babies blood and skittles. The guy who shakes the can of pennies at him when he gets "out of line" just makes things up to keep both he and ESPN at bay while they try and deliver the ring back to Mordor.

So...how is this guy not Ralph's right hand man in charge of the team? Sounds just like the perfect guy for ol Ralphie

Why? What has he done as an OC? What great QB's has he developed? I can go on but it's moot point. This is another 'name' that fans know so they must be good.

Werent you saying that all these guys were turning us down? no one has officially turned the bills down except SHanahan.

That said, I agree with you, most fans dont know their elbow from their behind on these coordinators. Truth is that you cant know if someone is gonna be a good HC until they are in that position.

I don't know about our QB's, but this guy can do wonders for our O-line. And I've heard about the work ethic he inspires in his players, and the knowledge of the game he brings to the table.

I think the coaches he brings in with him would be imperative to his success.

Despite reports suggesting that Cardinals offensive line coach Russ Grimm could decline an opportunity to interview for the head-coaching job in Buffalo, it appears that Grimm will proceed.

The Arizona Republic reports that the Bills have received permission from the Cardinals to talk to Grimm this week, as the Cardinals prepare to play the Saints.

Under league rules, teams that win in the wild-card round may grant or deny permission for head-coaching interviews to assistant coaches in the following week. No hire can be made until the playoff run ends.

Per the Republic, the interview could happen on Wednesday or Thursday evening in Arizona, or possibly on Sunday, the day after the division-round game.

Even if Grimm has misgivings about taking the job, it makes sense for him to talk to the Bills. The more he interviews, the better he'll be when interviewing -- and the more he'll be asked to interview.

And when that happens, Grimm will have to think long and hard about whether it's the first of many, or the first of only a few. Sometimes, the window closes as quickly as it opened.

But...but I was told that the Bills are the worst orgaization in football...why would he interview with us??????

How does Frazier suck? Don't just say that give us reasons outside of he's like Jauron because

he isn't demonstrative.

Nope its because he runs a Cover2 and the cover2 is the worst defense eva!!!!

Really, most people here think he sucks because he's not Bill Cowher

To Frazier's defense of his defense. He took over at DC in 2007 and was ranked 20th overall. The next two seasons his defense is ranked 6th.

If not the Schottenheimers, then I'd love to get Russ Grimm in here as our head coach.

Let me start by saying that I do not want any part of Leslie Frazier. That said if you hire Russ Grimm you have to hire both offensive and defensive coordinators . I am pointing this out because a team as well funded and prestiages as the Giants are having problem hiring a D coordinator . This is turning into a mess

The Arizona Republic article actually only said he COULD interview this week, not that he will. I think the interview will probably occur after Zona gets knocked out of the playoffs (not necessarily anytime soon), but could be wrong.

You would be correct, Grimm told the AP that he will be interviewing for the Bills HC gig, but it won't be until after the Cards are out of the playoffs.

Still, at least its a yes.

Aquan Boldin wants out of Arizona...if Grimm comes in, do you think we pursue Boldin?

Boldin and Evans? That would be nice.

I don't know about our QB's, but this guy can do wonders for our O-line. And I've heard about the work ethic he inspires in his players, and the knowledge of the game he brings to the table.

I think the coaches he brings in with him would be imperative to his success.

Brohm would light it up behind a strong line