Could the Bills be playing 'hardball' with Cowher?

a winner doesn't mean a superbowl winner. he had playoff runs with: bubby brister, neil o'donnell and slash. these were not good quarterbacks, but fit a scheme the coaches designed on the strengths of other players around the team... where the qb could succeed. that's a mark of a great coach.

yes it is.

On another note, and in an attempt to contribute to the Cowher frenzy in whatever way I can, as has been observed by others, neither Cowher nor any other member of the CBS team hinted at a Cowher-Buffalo connection yesterday, but I was intrigued with Cowher's comments on (I think) the Pete Carroll situation. My memory on whether it was PC or some other coaching candidate is failing, but Cowher spoke passionately about having that coaching desire to prove yourself when referring to PC's return to the NFL and stated something to the effect that he understood that feeling perfectly. He even had a bit of a grin on this face. I think he really wants to coach next year.

I also think people associated with the Carolina gig are in his ear, maybe not official team people, but the potential investors we've all heard about. And it is this factor that is keeping Cowher from making any commitment to the Bills. If this goes away in the next week or so, Cowher's desire to scratch that coaching itch may be so great that he comes to Buffalo afterall. And if he were to do so, I would not hold the Carolina delay against him. Like any of us when faced with a great offer, with perhaps an even greater offer (from his familiy's perspective) developing, you see if you can buy some time, hence the failure to publicy distance himself from the Buffalo job. Meanwhile, Buddy looks to develop alternative candidates until such time as one side or the other hits a drop dead date. At that time, if the Carolina situation hasn't resolved itself, it will be time for Bill to put up or shut up.

I was intrigued with Cowher's comments on (I think) the Pete Carroll situation. My memory on whether it was PC or some other coaching candidate is failing, but Cowher spoke passionately about having that coaching desire to prove yourself when referring to PC's return to the NFL and stated something to the effect that he understood that feeling perfectly. He even had a bit of a grin on this face. I think he really wants to coach next year.

Link to Cowher's quote on Carroll taking Seahawks job

At this point, the only thing that makes sense is that Cowher is not interested in the head coaching position for the Bills. Out of respect for the Bills, he is not commenting. It is time to move on.

how can any bonafide coach with a desire to contend put up with having a key late season home game against a division rival be played in a different country??

as we know, its hard enough to win in the NFL

its much harder when you play your home games in Canada

any coach with half a brain can figure than out