Jason Peters pro bowl

zazie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the team would have been better off drafting Ryan Clady in 2008 instead of Painted Lawn McKelvin?

:huh:

Jesus, the what ifs, eh? Year after year after year this team has royally screwed up the draft with our early picks.

Williams

Losman

Parrish

Whitner

Maybin

McCargo

Lynch

Could go on and on depending how far back or how deep into the draft you want to go. Those mistakes can't be overcome by a few late round gems or FA. Until this team uses the draft to BUILD this team from the lines out we're going to have this very same conversation but we'll insert a different player into the 'what if'.

The two starters at OT on the NFC's Pro Bowl team are a guy the Bills had on their roster and a guy that many were calling to be drafted instead of Mike Williams.

While the Bills still have one of the worst OLs in the league. But yeah, we're better off without those guys I'm sure.

#1 - the bills (levy) did the WRONG thing by bringing in and paying Walker & Dockery considerably more money than peters , when Peters clearly was the better player and then confounded the situation by not taking care of Peters by re-doing his deal to at least equal that or better of those other two overpaid slugs.

#2- the bills did the RIGHT thing by shipping his azz out of here for essentailly Woods & Nelson, because he became a cancer on this team, which i blame both he and the bills, but mostly the bills.

#3- the bills did the WRONG thing by not using their first 1st round pick in securing Peters replacement by drafting Michael Oher instead of Maybin, thereby exposing themselves to continued ridicule over moving Peters.

Why is it always the team's fault? Th player gat a raise commensurate with his progress as player and was offered a new contract close to what he finally got from Philly. IMHO, he is now beginning to show his true level of talent. Some truly excel and others level off. He has leveled off and may be declinng.

Why is it always the team's fault? Th player gat a raise commensurate with his progress as player and was offered a new contract close to what he finally got from Philly. IMHO, he is now beginning to show his true level of talent. Some truly excel and others level off. He has leveled off and may be declinng.

Says who?

I never heard about that.

We certainly blew it when we didn't renegotiate JP's contract. Losing him is just one more example of our failure to realize the importance of the offensive line in today's NFL. Reminds me of one time coaching pee wee hockey and our goalie was hurt. The other coach wanted to know if we had any "fat kids" who could fill in. The bills seem to think they can just throw out some fat kids and have an offense. Jennings, Peters, passing on Oher and Bryant McKinney and any number of other decisions makes a statement. Actually not going to the playoffs in ten years kind of makes a statement as well. I could do one of my "why the ravens suck" posts (Oher, Ngata and a bunch of other good trench decisions. While you qb afficionados are pleasuring yourselves today while looking at your Sanchez, Warner, Flacco fatheads, take a little time to think where they would be without the "fat kids" giving them time to throw...or for that matter where the running backs would be without the "fat kids" blocking. they would be.............the buffalo bills!

It's the way they handled the situation from the start. At that point Peters didn't want to come back. The team let themselves get into a stand-off and they were destined to be the losers. Peters didn't lose - he got the money he wanted and is on a team that perennially is in the playoffs. Meanwhile, the Bills have an offensive mess, an entire coaching staff that got fired and are sitting out of the playoffs for the 10th straight year.

I understand why fans are upset with Peters. Fans have the luxury of letting themselves get all heated about these situations because they feel a player "slighted" them in some way. But the team does not have that luxury. This is a business decision. Peters was looking out for his best business interests and the team should have been looking out for theirs. Peters business decision appears to have been a solid one. The Bills appears to be another in a long line of botched decisions.

Regardless of how the Bills' O-line played this year, can anyone honestly say that Peters deserved/deserves $10M/year, after his performance the past 2 years, and especially after Saturday's game? Giving him what he wanted prior to the 2008 season would have been a monumental mistake.

Regardless of how the Bills' O-line played this year, can anyone honestly say that Peters deserved/deserves $10M/year, after his performance the past 2 years, and especially after Saturday's game? Giving him what he wanted prior to the 2008 season would have been a monumental mistake.

Perhaps is would have been a monumental mistake.

What is certain is that it was a monumental mistake by this team to think that they didn't need to replace him.

Left OT--no problem, we'll just slide this guy over.

Oh, wait--he doesn't want to play there. Cut him!!!

Insert prior year UDFA. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Another thing that's monumental is that we're still here. We still give a **** about this team even though we've watched this circus year after year after year.

What is certain is that it was a monumental mistake by this team to think that they didn't need to replace him.

Another thing that's monumental is that we're still here. We still give a **** about this team even though we've watched this circus year after year after year.

Hey now, D Bell was a 7th rounder, not an UDFA. There is a huge difference LOL

I've already said that cutting Walker before even giving him a shot at LT, and then scrapping the no-huddle, was a mistake. But it would have been an even bigger one to give into Peters' demands.

Why is it monumental? Are you going to switch teams or stop watching football altogether?

Rep can't carry a guy for multiple seasons there must be something there that the players see.

See Brown, Ruben.

I love Ruben Brown but he stunk it up his last couple of years and still made the probowl.

Now I'd give anything to have him back! (Like Joni Mitchell says "you don't know what you got till it's gone")

Funny how that works isn't it?

I've already said that cutting Walker before even giving him a shot at LT, and then scrapping the no-huddle, was a mistake. But it would have been an even bigger one to give into Peters' demands.

Philly "gave" into his demands AND gave up a 1st rounder. That team's decision makers continually have them in the playoffs. Somehow they can afford Peters plus have enough left over to put a competitive team on the field. Yeah, it sounds like Philly made a big mistake there and the Bills came out the winners...

You don't know that for certain, but you believe it.

What I said was certain.

and then scrapping the no-huddle, was a mistake.

I assume you mean attempting to run a no huddle was a mistake not finally scrapping it.

Philly "gave" into his demands AND gave up a 1st rounder. That team's decision makers continually have them in the playoffs. Somehow they can afford Peters plus have enough left over to put a competitive team on the field. Yeah, it sounds like Philly made a big mistake there and the Bills came out the winners...

The Eagles got blown out of the first round of the playoffs. Last year they went to the NFCCG with the declining Tra Thomas protecting McNabb's blindside. They're paying Peters $10M/year and gave up a 1st, 4th, and pick this year, and he had a full off-season and training camp with the team. I doubt they'd call that "successful."

You don't know that for certain, but you believe it.

What I said was certain.

What was certain? That they didn't have a plan to replace him? Their plan, albeit flawed, was to have Walker replace him. Since they didn't keep Walker around to find out if it would have worked, there's no certainty that it couldn't have worked. The mistake was cutting him, period, because he could at least have been depth at RT.

I assume you mean attempting to run a no huddle was a mistake not finally scrapping it.

Yes, you assume correctly.

Are you aware that the Bills did just what you are suggesting? They signed him to a contract extension at a hefty raise. But a year later he listened to that scumbag agent and held out. I rarely defend the Bills brass, but they signed the guy after he was undrafted and switched him from being a tight end to an offensive tackle. He blossomed in the position and they gave him an appropriate raise. A number of other agents even commented at the time that the holdout was out-of-line for his situation. It's easy to say "pay the man," but the circumstances were such that the organization would have set a bad precedent that would encourage other players to do the same thing. It would have been different if Peters didn't agree to the extension and raise in pay, but he did, and had three years to go on the new contract. After being named to the Pro Bowl, it went to his head and he wanted a top payday immediately instead of a couple years down the road.

Sure I'm aware of that contract extension they gave him that was more then fair earlier in his career. But are you aware that the Eagles not only paid him his top payday immediately, but that they also traded a first round draft pick to the Bills for the privalege of being able to pay him all that money? And despite their disapointing playoff game this past weekend, Peters did help the Eagles make the playoffs again this season, and that he was voted to another Pro Bowl? Maybe if the Bills would have drated Mike Oher with the Maybin pick, or Phil Loadholt with the Wood pick, I would not still be defending Peters right now. But as Peters begins his off season workouts in Philly, as their starting LT, coming off 3 consecutive Pro Bowl seasons, who exactly is the Bills starting LT beginning his off season workouts up here?? If you "are aware" of who that player is, could you fill me in please???