At This Point

It seems as though Cowher is hanging on for dear life for other jobs to open up or else it's Buffalo or CBS. Even though Ralph has screwed a lot of things up with this organization, he is right to say he would like to have someone here who is on a mission and not a mercy call.

Having said that, if Cowher does not come, I just hope that Buddy Nix can find someone who has got an offensive mind for things and brings a whole change of attitude to this team. Along with his demeanor, defensive mind and Pro Bowl players he has, Frazier appears to be everything I don't want as a Head Coach. Take as long as you want for all I care, just don't go and hire the first realistic guy you interview.

Frazier is no different then Jauron or Fewell...hiring him would make no sense but since its Ralph this wouldnt surprise me

the cover 2 sux, we have all seen enough of it

This franchise needs someone who will bring it back to Buffalo-style football.

Willing to give a chance, but if Frazier does what is expected, keeping the C2 and hiring friggin' Saunders as OC, I fail to see how anything will have changed. Such a combination will have a very short leash with my expectations.

And you just know this will be the decision b/c Ralph has a severe case of Old Man Syndrome and fears change.

So you wouldn't want Minnesota's defense?

It makes no difference if it is a 3-4 or 4-3.....the Bills do NOT have personnel for a 3-4 and would have to go out and find 4-5 more defensive players for their front 7. Frazier's 4-3 has been better than 99% of the 3-4 defenses out there.

I just want a great coach!

It makes no difference if it is a 3-4 or 4-3.....the Bills do NOT have personnel for a 3-4 and would have to go out and find 4-5 more defensive players for their front 7. Frazier's 4-3 has been better than 99% of the 3-4 defenses out there.

Yeah, with 2 of our guys (Pat & Antoine). Today, I want Martyball.

i have said it for a long time, this defence isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be

Fans are screaming about going 10 years without a playoff brith, and with the offensive offence the Bills have now, want to throw in rebuilding an entire defence that will involve almost a complete overhaul of personel? If Bills fans want to wait 2-3 more years for a playoff spot hoping that they can make a 3-4 defence work in Buffalo just cause 'all the cool teams use it", then fine, just don't B word and moan when they continue to be on the outside looking in at this time next year.

Frazier is no different then Jauron or Fewell...hiring him would make no sense but since its Ralph this wouldnt surprise me

the cover 2 sux, we have all seen enough of it

Frazier runs it in Minnesota and it has looked pretty darn good there the last three years. The problem isn't the scheme it's the coach and the players running it. Our D needs a LB, DE and DT and we're set. It's the offense I worry about, which is why I don't want to hire a DC as coach, but Frazier's cover two has done very well in Minnesota. Not saying it works for us, but the system itself is sound.

People hear 3-4 defense and think it is better b/c it is "in" right now.

We haven't been in the playoffs b/c we have not had a good QB in 10 years that is the most important reason why we have stunk.

Our defense was good enough to get us to the playoffs this year. Our offense was one of the worst 2-3 in the league in scoring points first downs, 3rd down conversions....the list goes on.

The run defense was bad but not nearly as bad or the reason this team was 6-10. I'd take Frazier running a 4-3 but understanding we do need some thinker guys up front to dominate....that has absolutely nothing to do with scheme and it never will. It is all about players and their attitude

People hear 3-4 defense and think it is better b/c it is "in" right now.

We haven't been in the playoffs b/c we have not had a good QB in 10 years that is the most important reason why we have stunk.

Our defense was good enough to get us to the playoffs this year. Our offense was one of the worst 2-3 in the league in scoring points first downs, 3rd down conversions....the list goes on.

The run defense was bad but not nearly as bad or the reason this team was 6-10. I'd take Frazier running a 4-3 but understanding we do need some thinker guys up front to dominate....that has absolutely nothing to do with scheme and it never will. It is all about players and their attitude

I have no problem with a DC as the HC as long as he brings in a top notch OC to run that side of the ball and they bring in a good QB to run the offence

I have no problem with a DC as the HC as long as he brings in a top notch OC to run that side of the ball and they bring in a good QB to run the offence

They need to bring in a teacher and a guy who is known to have worked with QBs. They need a guy who (like Shanahan) brings the Offense to the head of the table. If it turns out to be someone other than that type, I would rather have someone attached to the Offensive line who realizes the importance of that area as well as the QB...

I really don't have a problem with the Tampa 2. I have a problem with the players they have playing it. Our defense wasn't spectacular but how the hell could they be? Freaking offense was so bad the defense barely had a chance to catch their breath. Plays our training stuff clearly was terrible at conditioning these guys.

And for all of you who want a 3-4... do we have the linebackers to do that? Maybe... but we do NOT have the D-line to do that, especially if Schobel retires? No, we don't. 4 of them can't stop the run, 3 of them def. won't. I realize schemes play into that but I don't think we have the LB's to create the havoc necessary. Remember also, this might be an uncapped year, meaning the chance of this team changing drastically from what it is now is slim, thus the free agents to make a switch might not come here.

Or I could be wrong and Chris Kelsay will literally star eating people's babies next year.

I really don't have a problem with the Tampa 2. I have a problem with the players they have playing it. Our defense wasn't spectacular but how the hell could they be? Freaking offense was so bad the defense barely had a chance to catch their breath. Plays our training stuff clearly was terrible at conditioning these guys.

And for all of you who want a 3-4... do we have the linebackers to do that? Maybe... but we do NOT have the D-line to do that, especially if Schobel retires? No, we don't. 4 of them can't stop the run, 3 of them def. won't. I realize schemes play into that but I don't think we have the LB's to create the havoc necessary. Remember also, this might be an uncapped year, meaning the chance of this team changing drastically from what it is now is slim, thus the free agents to make a switch might not come here.

Or I could be wrong and Chris Kelsay will literally star eating people's babies next year.

I, for one, didn't say to stop everything and switch to something that'll be even worse. Tides change w/ defensive schemes, and changing to the 3-4 right now would be coming to it too late in the game. Problem I see is that this team should be running a conventional 4-3. Not this C-2 crap. We need bigger bodies.

And, no, we don't have the LBs for the 4-3, nevermind a 3-4. We need at least one starting LB and 2 decent LB depth picks (this is the area to have depth at; the most injured corps on any team by nature of the positions). Then, a DT and probably 2 DEs. Jauron absolutely gutted the D's size with his manlove for CB physiques.

If Frazier were to bulk the D up, all right.

But we also need someone to grab the buffalo's horns on offense, salvage something from the OL, and magically develop a QB and WRs. Saunders is more of the same of what's been here the last 15 years and no identity will be established on O.