Brian S mentioned on Sirius

Was listening to Sirius a little today and heard comments Rex Ryan was making with regards to Brian mention as possible candidate for Bills job. I know his name has come up in threads on his dad but now it looks like he may be emerging as a strong Candidate for HC job. I really Hope Jets lose this weekend so we do not have to sit and wonder much longer especially since it appears we have "made a decision in our direction". I can read that as we decided to go with young up and comer vs the previous HC direction.

What Sirius channel and what program was on?

The Jets are in the Playoffs and he cant be interviewed till the Jets are eliminated...

And if you listen to other reports who have talked to the Bills, the Bills have an idea who they want and are close to naming their Head Coach... if they are close to naming their HC then Brian Schottenheimer isn't even in the running.

The Jets are in the Playoffs and he cant be interviewed till the Jets are eliminated...

And if you listen to other reports who have talked to the Bills, the Bills have an idea who they want and are close to naming their Head Coach... if they are close to naming their HC then Brian Schottenheimer isn't even in the running.

It's plausible that Nix knows Brian S well enough to decide on him as the choice, absent a formal interview. So the decision might be made there.

I don't think this is evidentiary of a good process, but still, it's out there.

Didn't Nix want someone with proven head coaching experience?

I know that the Jets offense is reasonable, but it's hardly amazing.

Personally, I feel that the elder Schottenheimer would be a choice worth salivating over; not junior.

The guy called 31 pass plays for shell-shocked, rookie Sanchez in that gale-force cluster!@#$ against us while his RBs were pounding away at a 300 yard game.

Where is the appeal?? What am I missing??

??????

He's young so people naturally assume he is some prodigy. Plus daddy was a good coach so I'm sure his son will be. This line of thinking always works out for the best right? :thumbsup:

Seriously, I want no part of Brian S. There is nothign about him that makes me think he will ever be a good NFL coach.

The guy called 31 pass plays for shell-shocked, rookie Sanchez in that gale-force cluster!@#$ against us while his RBs were pounding away at a 300 yard game.

Where is the appeal?? What am I missing??

??????

I think that folks believe he has done a great job on Sanchez, yes that game plan against the Bills was odd given how folks were chunking up yards running on us, but maybe it was also a teaching aspect. Not saying a coach would do bozo things like that on purpose but maybe part of the education???

I think that folks believe he has done a great job on Sanchez, yes that game plan against the Bills was odd given how folks were chunking up yards running on us, but maybe it was also a teaching aspect. Not saying a coach would do bozo things like that on purpose but maybe part of the education???

I could buy that....but not after the 2nd pick. They were up 13-3, in complete control of the game despite Sanchez's erratic play. At that point you say "Lesson over...hand the ball off and we'll start over next week." By Sanchez's 3rd pick, he was shook for good.

I still can't believe we didn't lose that game.

Leslie Frazier >>>>>> Brian Schottenheimer.

Just because your dad was a good coach doesn't mean you'll be one too. See: Mora, Jim - soon to be fired AGAIN.

We go with Schottenheimer Junior consider me out for next season.

Don Shula has a son who actually made it to the position of Head Coach in David Shula. Try asking Bengals fans how that dynasty played out. This does not neccessarily mean that Brian will NOT be a top flight coach, it's only historic background.

How did they interview Leslie Frazier then?