BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!

The Poojer

can't buy beer in grocery stores in PA, correct? how does that affect beer selections as distributors I have dealt with(a total of 1) had a very poor selection...bud, miller etc.....are there beer stores that carry 'micro' beers from around the country, also, is there a smoking ban in restaurants and bars in PA...in the 1.5 months we have had it here, i absolutely love it for purely selfish reasons....

If you're not already a fan of Yuengling, you're about to be :thumbsup: That's all I drank when I was there....yummy :worthy:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't buy beer in grocery stores in PA, correct? how does that affect beer selections as distributors I have dealt with(a total of 1) had a very poor selection...bud, miller etc.....are there beer stores that carry 'micro' beers from around the country, also, is there a smoking ban in restaurants and bars in PA...in the 1.5 months we have had it here, i absolutely love it for purely selfish reasons....

You can walk into any bar in PA and walk out with 6 packs. Some bars even have a good sleection. Philly is very cool (never lived only visted multiple times when friends were in school there).

Congrats on the new job! I know its been a long time coming.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

This thread really has me taking a trip down memory lane....I seriously wish I could move back there with Pooj lol.

Where did you go to school, HopsGuy? Drexel? St. Joes? Villanova? UPenn? Temple?

I graduated from Drexel in '93, so Cavanaugh's at 39th & Sansom was my bar. Right when I was turning 21, Delaware Ave was coming alive so there was lots to do. I used to watch the Bills play at a sports bar down there. It went out of business after the '91 season and became a club.

Lots and lots of package stores. There was a place in Phoenixville (worked there for a co-op job for PECO) that was a drive through. Not like a fast food joint, mind you. You drove your car into a garage-like building and popped your trunk. A guy took your order and yelled it to a kid who picked up your case and put in your trunk why the other guy made change. I'm sure there is some sort of internet site that can assist you in finding such an establishment. :worthy:

can't buy beer in grocery stores in PA, correct?

Correct. You either have to go to a beer distributor or a bar

And if you think that's strange, it's even stranger coming from PA to another state and buying beer.

When I first came down to Virginia, my parents and I were staying in a motel. My dad asked the clerk where to buy beer and the clerk look a little surprised and said to try 7/11 :rolleyes:

Oh, and I don't know vernacular is around Philly. But in the part of PA where I'm from originally, what you call soda in Richmond we call pop. :flirt:

I still get funny looks at restaurants when I try to order a pop

The Philly area sounds like a great place to live. Does it rain much there? I'm so sick of it right now. :rolleyes:

Typical mid-Atlantic climate....you get a nice dose of each of the four seasons...I love the weather there!

oh, i am a life long 'pop' guy...parents grew up in buffalo(pop country), i was born and raised in syracuse(soda country), but the household was always 'pop'...still to this day cannot call it soda

Correct. You either have to go to a beer distributor or a bar

And if you think that's strange, it's even stranger coming from PA to another state and buying beer.

When I first came down to Virginia, my parents and I were staying in a motel. My dad asked the clerk where to buy beer and the clerk look a little surprised and said to try 7/11 :rolleyes:

Oh, and I don't know vernacular is around Philly. But in the part of PA where I'm from originally, what you call soda in Richmond we call pop. :flirt:

I still get funny looks at restaurants when I try to order a pop

I lived in Pittsburgh for about 6 years, here's what I learned: buy a $10 six pack from a bar or figure out how to store a 24 bottle case from the beer store.

If you're like me you will figure out how to deal with a 24 bottle case

wow...nice sales job....this takes the edge off of having to leave a lot behind....my son is a huge eagles fan(actually mcnabb fan) so he is kind of jacked about this.....SEPTA doesnt go out to KoP does it? and a Pats Cheese Steak is in the top 5 of my list of things to do first

Congrats on the job!

I am sorry about your son.