It's Not Buffalo...

TheZone78

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think its the Roster as much as the Management.

I mean Buffalo has a young roster with a handful of players with good potential that just need a coach to maximize that potential. Guys like:

P. Posluszny, D.Whitner, J. Byrd, E. Wood, A. Levitre, K. Williams,, L. McKelvin, S. Nelson, S. Johnson, J. Hardy, G. Hartgartner, A. Maybin...

All these players have shown flashes of being good players or they all have good potential.

Then you got some established players like:

L. Evans, A. Schobel, M. Stroud, B. Moorman, R. Lindell, T. McGee, F. Jackson

The Bills have some talent... they just need a coach to maximize that talent and complete it.

Of course they need some more pieces... Like a LT, QB, OLB, DE, RT

Management of the team has been totally incompetent, for sure. Nix is a great scout, but he still works for Burns and Smithers.

The roster. We have a handful of good players. Big whoop. Every team has a handful of good players. We don't have any leaders in the club house. Donte Whitner is this team's most vocal leader. Are you !@#$ing kidding me?

Watch you Zone, you are infringing on Jester's copyright.

And, for the record, Bill Polian left 17 years ago. I have asked this before and will ask it again. Does anyone really think that if he had not left in 1993 that he would still be here today?

John Butler left to escape the ruins he created, and enjoy the benefits of a fresh start in SD; he took AJ Smith with him.

Write those three sentences down, and read them before posting again. :thumbdown:

Thanks for pointing that out. There is a lot of revisionist history or short memories here. First of all Ralph hired Donahoe, who at the time was considered top notch. Nobody disapproved of this at the time. Then Donahoe brought in Modrak after year 2. Again, this was viewed as a great thing at the time. Ralph totally turned the operation over to Donahoe. Ralph was hands off for the first 1/2 of this decade. They did what they did and it didn't work out. We got close at 9-7 but things never materialized. Ralph reclaimed the President's title when Levy was hired as GM. But this complete lack of knowledge about the salary cap jail Butler put the team in before he left is almost funny. Ralph fired Butler b/c he wouldn't agree to a contract and Ralph thought that Dean Spanos had already been talking to Butler during the season. Let it go about completely blaming Ralph. Competent football people made some critical decisions from 2001-2005. Some worked and some didn't. The last few years were a product of the chaos that Donahoe created while Ralph was letting him run the franchise. Ralph has been afraid to hire someone outside b/c of what happened with Donahoe. Stop acting like the man has intentionally done this to the football team.

Thanks for pointing that out. There is a lot of revisionist history or short memories here. First of all Ralph hired Donahoe, who at the time was considered top notch. Nobody disapproved of this at the time. Then Donahoe brought in Modrak after year 2. Again, this was viewed as a great thing at the time. Ralph totally turned the operation over to Donahoe. Ralph was hands off for the first 1/2 of this decade. They did what they did and it didn't work out. We got close at 9-7 but things never materialized. Ralph reclaimed the President's title when Levy was hired as GM. But this complete lack of knowledge about the salary cap jail Butler put the team in before he left is almost funny. Ralph fired Butler b/c he wouldn't agree to a contract and Ralph thought that Dean Spanos had already been talking to Butler during the season. Let it go about completely blaming Ralph. Competent football people made some critical decisions from 2001-2005. Some worked and some didn't. The last few years were a product of the chaos that Donahoe created while Ralph was letting him run the franchise. Ralph has been afraid to hire someone outside b/c of what happened with Donahoe. Stop acting like the man has intentionally done this to the football team.

I once dated a girl and she screwed me over. I have never dated another girl since because I might get burned again. Come on!!!

What kinda logic is this especially when you're talking business. Shame on Ralph for not finding the most qualified football man to lead his operations because he didn't know them. Well pick up the phone and introduce yourself...talk about BS.