Take Brian Schottenheimer name out!

New York Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is reportedly a candidate for the head-coaching job in Buffalo. But when asked about it today, Schottenheimer pulled a Sgt. Schultz.

"I know nothing," Schottenheimer said. "I really don't. I hear the rumors like you do."

When asked whether the Bills have requested permission to speak with him, Schottenheimer again said he doesn't know anything more about the Bills job than what he's heard from reporters.

"No, not that I'm aware of," Schottenheimer said. "This is not just coach-speak. I'm telling you the truth. I'm very happy. I hope that we continue on this process for a long time. I hope we win a lot of games. I mean that, it's not just something I'm saying to you."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-the-bills-job/

New York Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is reportedly a candidate for the head-coaching job in Buffalo. But when asked about it today, Schottenheimer pulled a Sgt. Schultz.

"I know nothing," Schottenheimer said. "I really don't. I hear the rumors like you do."

When asked whether the Bills have requested permission to speak with him, Schottenheimer again said he doesn't know anything more about the Bills job than what he's heard from reporters.

"No, not that I'm aware of," Schottenheimer said. "This is not just coach-speak. I'm telling you the truth. I'm very happy. I hope that we continue on this process for a long time. I hope we win a lot of games. I mean that, it's not just something I'm saying to you."

The Jets don't have a first-round bye. So the Bills wouldn't be allowed to interview him until the Jets' season is over. No sense in contacting the Jets now.

don't you people read these boards? The Jets are in the playoffs. The Bills cannot interview him until the JETS lose. It could be this week or after the superbowl. The Bills can only interview with people if there is a bye week for them. I believe this is a NFL rule. Every year we hear about how good coordinators don't get HC opportunites because their teams go to the superbowl. Spagnalo from the Giants was sought after during their Superbowl run but he missed out because most of the good HC opportunities were gone. If my memory serves me right Spagnalo's only option was the Raiders and he passed. I wonder why.

Was he talking to Col. Hogan?

Bills can't approach him until Jests are done. He is riding his dads name becuse the jets do not have a powerhouse offense that suggests he should be high on the Bills list.

If he loves it down there so much with good ol Rex then let him stay. It will be fun watching the new Bills smack Sanchez around like a rag doll. :D

I wish he would, what has the Jets O done this year? I know they are a great running team, but Sanchez has progressively gotten worse under his watch...