John Fox interested in Browns HC job

Just the talk of this will prevent Cowher from coming here, he wants to go to Carolina so bad, that just the slightest hope that it may be opened will prevent him from signing anywhere else.

its funny at least publicly the panthers owner isnt bending over backward for cowher. he may feel cowher has been trying to force himself on them, or may not want to pay a hc that kind of money.

if Cowher don't want it then he don't get it...but Frazier is just Perry Fewell with better talent.

I like the idea of Billick b/c the guy seems to want it

Sure he does, much better pay than what he's getting now.

This is what Cowher has been waiting for......

It makes one wonder if Cowher knew all along that this was going to happen with Fox.Seems kinda odd he holds out long enough and gets him dream job.Possibily the good ole boy network in full swing?Maybe Cowher had a "stelth"meeting with the owner of the Panthers also. :D

From what I hear (i.e. Peter King and ESPN), Cowher wants at least what Shanahan got from Washington and that the Panther's owner, Jerry Richardson, is not willing to pay a coach anywhere near that amount. So, perhaps the chin will head back to CBS and keep waiting.

That would definitely mean Cowher to Carolina.

From what I hear (i.e. Peter King and ESPN), Cowher wants at least what Shanahan got from Washington and that the Panther's owner, Jerry Richardson, is not willing to pay a coach anywhere near that amount. So, perhaps the chin will head back to CBS and keep waiting.

The panther's might not pay that amount but chances are that the Bills would. :thumbdown:

Well in theory , "Chin" is a retread as well . What i am finding a bit mysterious though is , how Bill has not even come forward to take his name out of the Bills coaching vacancy hat . With this news , if it comes to be true this will be "Chins" open door to omit his name from the Bills HC vacancy .

Yup. Because he's still in the mix, and will continue to be so until he announces, or the Bills announce, that he is not.

Anything else is just guessing.

Just the talk of this will prevent Cowher from coming here, he wants to go to Carolina so bad, that just the slightest hope that it may be opened will prevent him from signing anywhere else.

Again, though, read the article. He says that Richardson won't hire Cowher.

Cowher's not crazed. If he wants to coach and this is right about Richardson, there's a very good chance Cowher will come. But again, at this point, it's all guesswork.