• Trent Williams OT
    • *Derrick Morgan DE
    • Jared Odrick DT
    • Brandon Graham DE
    • Colt McCoy QB
    • Sean Weatherspoon OLB
    • Brandon LaFell WR
    • Terrence Cody DT

Using Draft Tek's Simulator here, I have run a simulation of the 2010 draft. The first picks were as follows:

1 1 St Louis Ndamukong Suh DT43 Nebraska

1 2 Detroit *Gerald McCoy DT43 Oklahoma

1 3 TBay *Eric Berry FS Tennessee

1 4 Wash *Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame

1 5 K City Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State

1 6 Seattle *Joe Haden CB Florida

1 7 Cleveland *Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma

1 8 Oakland Brandon Spikes ILB Florida

1 9 Buffalo ?

It's now our first pick. Who do you take? I'll put the results back into the simulator, and re-run it after we take the majority choice.

You're On The Clock. Your time limit is until 10:00EST. Enjoy.

Astro

DraftTek Correspondent- Bills

McClizzle. He would do wonders for our run D. I also think that Poz on the outside is where he belongs. I think he could wreak havoc out there, he seems to do well rushing the QB. Put Maybin on the outside and if Schobel comes back our front 7 is set as is our entire D with Maybin being the weak link.

Then we can go offense 2-7, unless a nice Dline prospect falls.

Bingo. I wouldn't mind trading back into the late first and drafting Bradford if he proved to be healthy and had good workouts if this was the pick at #9. He's the second best quarterback in the draft after Clausen IMO. I don't like McCoy or Tebow at all as NFL QB prospects, so to me there's a big drop off after Bradford.

There are three positions not often found via UFA: QB, LT, and DE. At this early juncture, if Okung and no QB's are there, I'd go DE with Derrick Morgan. Buffalo's pass rush isn't especially strong, especially if Schobel retires.

There's a lot that needs to happen, but it seems the drop off from Okung at LT to Bulaga or Trent Williams is steep.

Definitely McClain. The only other one I would consider would be Trent Williams. And McCoy? No thanks. I would rather the fins draft him and we face him twice a year. He looked awful whenver I watched him play

also in the list should be the Rutgers LT, Anthony Davis, a junior. Scouts Inc has his as the 2nd best left tackle prospect (since Trent Williams is a mediocre pass blocker)

and Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland

As of now, one of these would be my pick. The poll list is missing too many players. Out of that list everyone is going to select McClain

McClain would be the equivalent of drafting a franchise QB for our defense.

Agreed, and the thing I like most about taking him is that LBs seem to have one of the easiest transitions to the NFL of any position and can make an immediate impact. A big, instant upgrade would be a welcome addition on this team.

As much as I like McClain, big guys over smaller guys...Mount Cody!

And how much of McClain's success is attributable to Mount Cody keeping 2-3 guys tied up? Not saying McClain isn't good, but give me the point of attack guy.

And Draftek should consider that the Pats* pick right before us, not Oakland, due to the trade of Richard Seymour.

Cody barely makes any 1st round mocks. We could probably get him in the 2nd according to most of the "experts". He is big, but not in shape, he'll tire fast in the NFL. I love McClain, the guy is a difference maker.

As much as I like McClain, big guys over smaller guys...Mount Cody!

And how much of McClain's success is attributable to Mount Cody keeping 2-3 guys tied up? Not saying McClain isn't good, but give me the point of attack guy.

And Draftek should consider that the Pats* pick right before us, not Oakland, due to the trade of Richard Seymour.

The Patriots received the Raiders' 2011 first round draft pick in that trade, not this years.

I agree on your point about Cody. We need to start drafting big in early rounds.