Estate Tax Revoked?

I heard a breif news story on NPR that said congress failed to renew the estate tax and it isn't in effect right now but it may be put in effect retroactive. Does anyone know the details. This could have a big effect on Ralphie's estate and the ownership of the Bills.

Dude, this law was passed in 2002. There is no estate tax as of now, per this law, which expires 12/31/10. Congress hasn't acted to change it yet.

This has been discussed elsewhere at this site.

Maybe you should put that sentence in your sig, pretty much covers everything said here lately.........

You're right!

And, might I add:

Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher, Cowher?

I did see a little bit of info at the end of a long thread after I posted. Thanks for the nice, polite, insightful responses.

I don't want anyone to off Ralph. I have a lot of respect for him and I get annoyed by the post here that call him a fool and cheap when they haven't accomplished anything close to what Ralph has with his life. That being said he is 91 years old, and my wife thought he was drooling on himself in his last news conference when Buddy Nixes hire was announced. The news story about the estate tax seemed like a good topic to post. Maybe I should have just posted more speculation about our next coach.

I heard a breif news story on NPR that said congress failed to renew the estate tax and it isn't in effect right now but it may be put in effect retroactive. Does anyone know the details. This could have a big effect on Ralphie's estate and the ownership of the Bills.

As of now, there's no federal estate tax in 2010. But there are a lot of questions swirling around it, in whether Congress can retroactively reimpose the tax on 1/1/10. There may also be ambiguities in how someone constructed their estate plan that may not work now that there's no federal tax.

Bottom line, even if Ralph moves on to the great gig up in the sky, there's no estate tax if his wife inherits everything.

As of now, there's no federal estate tax in 2010. But there are a lot of questions swirling around it, in whether Congress can retroactively reimpose the tax on 1/1/10. There may also be ambiguities in how someone constructed their estate plan that may not work now that there's no federal tax.

Bottom line, even if Ralph moves on to the great gig up in the sky, there's no estate tax if his wife inherits everything.

Thanks for the info. Nice to see that its possible for posters to add to the conversation instead of showing everyone how wonderfully they are by criticizing what everyone else does, thinks, or has the nerve to post.

Thanks for the info. Nice to see that its possible for posters to add to the conversation instead of showing everyone how wonderfully they are by criticizing what everyone else does, thinks, or has the nerve to post.

Nah, only because you asked this here and not on the dark side.

Ralph will make sure he hangs around long enough for them to reinstate the Estate Tax. Except this time, it's going to be a 100% tax, and a czar will be appointed to run whatever you left behind. The Bills are going to end up run like GM. Even the Lions are going to laugh.

The Constitution has been ignored before...

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Taxes/HL613.cfm