2811 yds from scrimmage in 15 starts????

Dr. Trooth

Fred Jackson... in 40 games (15 carreer starts) over three seasons amassed 1933 rushing and 878 receiving. Phenomenol to say the least. The one thing that stands out is that he's played in 40 straight games. Withstanding the coaching and OL woes of this season alone is a considerable achievement... especially without injury. That's a hell of a lot more than can be said for Sally Lynch. Consider over that time that he's also contributed punt and kick returns as well. As dismal as the Bills offense was this year, without him, they would have undoubtedly have been the worst offense in NFL history.

At 28, he's probably got only 2 or three seasons left to contribute at the top level. It sure would be good to see what he would do behind an established OL and with a real QB. With his receiving ability, he could be Thurmanesque.

When it came time to stand up and be counted, Fred stood tall.... Marshawn didn't even lean forward in his chair.

Nuff said.

At 28, he's probably got only 2 or three seasons left to contribute at the top level. It sure would be good to see what he would do behind an established OL and with a real QB. With his receiving ability, he could be Thurmanesque.

Not neccessarily true. He started his NFL career fairly late, he will last longer than 2 years. Hopefully McKelvin goes back to returning kickoffs next year and that will keep Jackson in even better shape.

Fred Jackson... in 40 games (15 carreer starts) over three seasons amassed 1933 rushing and 878 receiving. Phenomenol to say the least. The one thing that stands out is that he's played in 40 straight games. Withstanding the coaching and OL woes of this season alone is a considerable achievement... especially without injury. That's a hell of a lot more than can be said for Sally Lynch. Consider over that time that he's also contributed punt and kick returns as well. As dismal as the Bills offense was this year, without him, they would have undoubtedly have been the worst offense in NFL history.

When it came time to stand up and be counted, Fred stood tall.... Marshawn didn't even lean forward in his chair.

Nuff said.

I posted a topic asking who you thought the best overall player on the team was last yeat Jan 9th

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...20&start=20

My pick was Fred Jackson...

Not naming names but to the guy in Melbourne..told ya.

Nuff said.

Very good post - Lynch could lear a lot from FJ.

I've always liked Freddy, but the Bills are going to need two backs to be succesful IMO. The NFL is turning into more of a passing league, but RB's get banged up a lot faster than they used to. So I hope we can keep Freddy and Lynch, or if not Lynch, someone who can at least contribute on a regular basis.

I like Jackson but he is getting old for a RB I dont care if he did start his career late.

Plus neither of our backs have break away speed, we need a rb who can fly down the field.

Freddy is my favorite player on the team. Hard working selfless player that was the only bright spot on our offense this year.

I do agree though that we need a speedster RB on this team. If Fred had more speed he would have broke a couple runs for TDs as well as a few of his kick returns.

see Ricky Williams, I would take that old man right now.....

I like Jackson but he is getting old for a RB I dont care if he did start his career late.

Plus neither of our backs have break away speed, we need a rb who can fly down the field.

Buffalo fan's version of Newton's Law....for every ounce of praise heaped on one player causes an equal and opposite ounce of criticism heaped on another player

i just dont get why you guys turn every reason to celebrate Fred into a reason to knock down Lynch...

great job by Jackson, glad to have him as a Bill.

i just dont get why you guys turn every reason to celebrate Fred into a reason to knock down Lynch...

great job by Jackson, glad to have him as a Bill.

I don't see anyone bashing Lynch in this thread, but is there really anything positive to say about his performance this year?

I don't see anyone bashing Lynch in this thread, but is there really anything positive to say about his performance this year?

No there is not, he had 1 decnet game but he was a prowl bowl back laste year. i hope he can return to that form again. 2 Pro-Bowl caliber Running Backs!!! :thumbsup:

Knew Fred Jackson had great hands when he caught tipped passes going end over end in two games in a row, and not only caught them but snatched them out of the air and ran with them. As for Lynch I'd say the bulking up was a failure, get back to 215 he had enough power at that weight.