Changes Bills Fans would Like?

Bills Fans,

I am new to the Bills forums in the aspect of posting but I have been reading these forums for a good two years.

I want to make this topic to ask fans what choices for coaching and front office and their reasons why.

Lets start with the two front office positions:

1.) Head of Pro Player Personnel- I would really love to see Marty Schottenheimer in this position. He says he doesnt want to return to the sidelines but he has never decline interest in other football positions. Players like him and he is respected around the league. He knows talent when he sees it. I think he can easily persuade some high level free agents to come to the Bills based on his track record and depending on who the head coach is. I think if they hire for this position first it will help Head Coach candidates with their decision. I think this could help persuade Cowher to the Bills.

2.) Head of National Scouting Department- People will call me out on this but.. I would like to see Tom Modrak here. He had great success in Philadelphia. The problem is that he has been over voiced by guys like Tom Donahue, Russ Brandon, Marv Levy since he has been here. His success in Philly shows he can scout. He just needs a better team around him.

For me there are 3 names that I have like for HC. They are:

1.) Bill Cowher- His success coaching in the NFL is is hard to match. Not many coaches in the past 15 years has enjoyed the success he has had with getting to the playoffs (Only Schottenheimer, Dungy and Bellicheck can match). He knows how to get his players focused and prepared for games. Knows how to build a tough physical defense and a tough physical running game with big blockers up front. He can put together a top notch coaching staff. I could definitely see Dick Lebeau following him to Buffalo to be Assistant Coach and Defensive Coordinator. If Marty Schottenheimer is in the front office I could see Brain coming over to be Offensive Coordinator and groomed to become the next head coach.

2.) Brain Schottenheimer- If his dad does take a front office position I would love to see Brain here. I think Brain is a up and coming coach in this league. Taking away a divisional rival's offensive coordinator and their franchise QB's mentor would be huge. He has the coaching gene and he can learn tips from Marty. He is a decent QB mentor and he has success at running the ball.I wouldn't doubt if a few of his offensive positioning coaches came with him.

3.) Russ Grimm- I like his attitude. He can coach. Has success at building up the O-Line. You know that under him he will build starting with the trenches first. Russ would be sure to have a tough physical relentless team fielded every down of every game. I really think he is a future HC and will be a successful one.

Other Names I would accept: Ron Rivera and Marty Schottenheimer (I would love it but he said he wont coach) and Brain Billick would be my 6th choice.

GO BILLS!!!

I honestly don't think this is the "Coach of the Future" we're hiring. I think this is the coach to get us back to respectability. I think Nix (and Brandon) realizes we need better talent and "something" in terms of an football department to bring someone in who will be "great".

I think next season is more of the same. A heroic run to 7-9 while rebuilding. So I'm looking more for guys in the organization who aren't outside the circles of the top end guys. Hire someone who has contacts that will make the organization better. I think it's hard for a coordinator to do this. A previous head coach seems to have a bit more pull there.

Russ Grimm is a hard nosed guy who is an awesome motivator...not much of an X and O's guy...But, give him a top notch OC and DC...now were cooking!!!

If say Marty Schottenheimer took a position in the Bills front office then Brain is almost guaranteed the HC job I think.

I've thought of the Marty replacing Guy idea too and like it. And OK with Modrak as head scout. I also have stated before that I also thought it was possible that many of Modraks suggestions as to whom to pick were not followed by TD or Marv. I think this year was one of their better drafts, no coincidnece that those two guys were gone. I also am of the opinion that RB wasn't involved in personal decesions, whomever TM wanted to pick RB would go along with. RB may have questioned his as to why or if everyone else in the room said X and TM said Y then again RB may have got more involved. If Marty were in that position may help with signing Cowler as supposedly they are friends.

Bills Fans,

I am new to the Bills forums in the aspect of posting but I have been reading these forums for a good two years.

I want to make this topic to ask fans what choices for coaching and front office and their reasons why.

Lets start with the two front office positions:

1.) Head of Pro Player Personnel- I would really love to see Marty Schottenheimer in this position. He says he doesnt want to return to the sidelines but he has never decline interest in other football positions. Players like him and he is respected around the league. He knows talent when he sees it. I think he can easily persuade some high level free agents to come to the Bills based on his track record and depending on who the head coach is. I think if they hire for this position first it will help Head Coach candidates with their decision. I think this could help persuade Cowher to the Bills.

2.) Head of National Scouting Department- People will call me out on this but.. I would like to see Tom Modrak here. He had great success in Philadelphia. The problem is that he has been over voiced by guys like Tom Donahue, Russ Brandon, Marv Levy since he has been here. His success in Philly shows he can scout. He just needs a better team around him.

For me there are 3 names that I have like for HC. They are:

1.) Bill Cowher- His success coaching in the NFL is is hard to match. Not many coaches in the past 15 years has enjoyed the success he has had with getting to the playoffs (Only Schottenheimer, Dungy and Bellicheck can match). He knows how to get his players focused and prepared for games. Knows how to build a tough physical defense and a tough physical running game with big blockers up front. He can put together a top notch coaching staff. I could definitely see Dick Lebeau following him to Buffalo to be Assistant Coach and Defensive Coordinator. If Marty Schottenheimer is in the front office I could see Brain coming over to be Offensive Coordinator and groomed to become the next head coach.

2.) Brain Schottenheimer- If his dad does take a front office position I would love to see Brain here. I think Brain is a up and coming coach in this league. Taking away a divisional rival's offensive coordinator and their franchise QB's mentor would be huge. He has the coaching gene and he can learn tips from Marty. He is a decent QB mentor and he has success at running the ball.I wouldn't doubt if a few of his offensive positioning coaches came with him.

3.) Russ Grimm- I like his attitude. He can coach. Has success at building up the O-Line. You know that under him he will build starting with the trenches first. Russ would be sure to have a tough physical relentless team fielded every down of every game. I really think he is a future HC and will be a successful one.

Other Names I would accept: Ron Rivera and Marty Schottenheimer (I would love it but he said he wont coach) and Brain Billick would be my 6th choice.

GO BILLS!!!

I've thought of the Marty replacing Guy idea too and like it. And OK with Modrak as head scout. I also have stated before that I also thought it was possible that many of Modraks suggestions as to whom to pick were not followed by TD or Marv. I think this year was one of their better drafts, no coincidnece that those two guys were gone. I also am of the opinion that RB wasn't involved in personal decesions, whomever TM wanted to pick RB would go along with. RB may have questioned his as to why or if everyone else in the room said X and TM said Y then again RB may have got more involved. If Marty were in that position may help with signing Cowler as supposedly they are friends.

Thats how I feel as well.