I Listed 9 Players In Draft That Would Fit

The fact that the Bills have the 9th pick and there are 9 players that would fill major holes immediately is a great sign. I don't believe any of these would be considered a reach.......

QBs

Clausen

Bradford

OTs

Okung

Bruce Campbell

Bryan Bulaga

Trent Williams

DTs

Suh

McCoy

LB

McClain

The fact that the Bills have the 9th pick and there are 9 players that would fill major holes immediately is a great sign. I don't believe any of these would be considered a reach.......

QBs

Clausen

Bradford

OTs

Okung

Bruce Campbell

Bryan Bulaga

Trent Williams

DTs

Suh

McCoy

LB

McClain

I like what I have read about Campbell, but he may be more of a project with a possible big payoff. No QB's please.

Okung

Williams

Suh

McCoy

McClain

Any one of these guys going to the Bills would make my day. Eric Norwood (S.Carolina) in the 2nd round would be nice, but we'd be looking QB in the 2nd more than likely.

I'm big on an OT or DT in the first, but McLain would be an acceptable choice, and even though I am not big on drafting a qb in the first round if the seven non quarterbacks are gone either of the two qb's would have to be given serious consideration. Looks like we really can't go wrong with a number nine pick....OH...Buffalo Bills.

To get back to the OP, one would think that it would be impossible for us to screw this one up with the level of talent in this year's draft (and who knows who will declare in the next few weeks).

That being said, I'd go with the best OT available at this point. Hell, maybe spend our 2nd rounder on a top OT prospect as well depending who's available. I strongly believe that the Bills are going to look to FA or a trade in order to bring in a QB.

if Mallet declares you could add him in there as well.

the tackles there seem to be the weakest of the bunch - Trent Williams (more of a RT) and Campbell particularly. I haven't seen Campbell as a top 10 pick anywhere up to this point. I've seen mocks that have us take Bulaga in the 2nd round.

Eric Berry will definitely go before our pick so that will help us.

We stand a very good chance to come away with a player who both fills a need and is a top-tier prospect.

As it stands right now McCoy, Okung and McClain are my top choices. Both Suh and Clausen won't be there at 9 so I won't even pretend we have a chance at either of those two.

With a shaky line, the smart money is on the Bills drafting a LT.

QBs

Clausen

Bradford

OTs

Okung

Bruce Campbell

Bryan Bulaga

Trent Williams

DTs

Suh

McCoy

LB

McClain

Should both OT's Okung and Williams be off the board when our pick comes up, I am hoping we take McClain LB Alabama.

Otherwise, I would be happy if they traded down around 22-27 pick up a #2 and maybe #4. With the 1st pick I could see Campbell, or Davis (Rutgers) or Bulaga.. if they are gone...take Weatherspoon LB/A Jones DT... then get Ciron Black OT LSU, in Round Two. And use the 2nd of the two picks in round 2 on another OT...maybe Capers OT WV.

Any of these players could make a significant impact right away on this squad.

If the Bills get who they want in RD 1... then I would target...Wooten NW (DE) or Fox MIA OT both are recovering from injury and could slip.

It would not be until the 3rd round that I would even consider a QB...and that would be Pike out of CIN ..... I like the OB at Ole Miss...but honestly... I'd prefer to wait until next year for a QB... with Taylor Potts Texas Tech squarely in my horsehair. He reminds me of Rothlesburger.

the tackles there seem to be the weakest of the bunch - Trent Williams (more of a RT) and Campbell particularly. I haven't seen Campbell as a top 10 pick anywhere up to this point. I've seen mocks that have us take Bulaga in the 2nd round.

Mallett does not look ready for the NFL. He was very shaky in their bowl game. I think he will stay in school. The announcers mentioned that his parents want him to stay. If he comes out, he is a project and is not worthy of a top 10 pick IMO.

I would be happy with any of the names on the Original list about. I would love to get Bradford, Okung or Suh but they will all be gone.

Should both OT's Okung and Williams be off the board when our pick comes up, I am hoping we take McClain LB Alabama.

Otherwise, I would be happy if they traded down around 22-27 pick up a #2 and maybe #4. With the 1st pick I could see Campbell, or Davis (Rutgers) or Bulaga.. if they are gone...take Weatherspoon LB/A Jones DT... then get Ciron Black OT LSU, in Round Two. And use the 2nd of the two picks in round 2 on another OT...maybe Capers OT WV.

Any of these players could make a significant impact right away on this squad.

If the Bills get who they want in RD 1... then I would target...Wooten NW (DE) or Fox MIA OT both are recovering from injury and could slip.

It would not be until the 3rd round that I would even consider a QB...and that would be Pike out of CIN ..... I like the OB at Ole Miss...but honestly... I'd prefer to wait until next year for a QB... with Taylor Potts Texas Tech squarely in my horsehair. He reminds me of Rothlesburger.

Is the Senator posting under another username?

Honestly, I wouldn't mind trading down. We have way too many needs to be addressed. If we don't, McClain absolutely. Derrick Morgan from Georgia Tech has popped up on a few mock drafts as going to the Bills, but McClain offers a lot of intangibles.

Eric Berry did not look very impressive in the Vols' bowl game. Did not resemble a top-10 pick.

But bowl games probably do not weigh heavily in evaluating players.

It's extremely early to be speculating, with more bowl games to be followed by the NFL combine, pro days, individual workouts, etc., but right now it looks like there's 8 top prospects that out-value the remaining players:

Sam Bradford - QB/Oklahoma

Ndamukong Suh - DT/Nebraska

Eric Berry - S/Tennessee

Russell Okung - OT/Oklahoma State

Rolando McClain - LB/Alabama

Jimmy Claussen - QB/Notre Dame

Joe Haden - CB/Florida

The OP mentioned OTs Williams and Campbell, but I can't picture either of them belonging in the top 20 without incredible workouts. So assuming the 8 listed above go in the first 8 picks, Buffalo is looking at one of the following:

Brian Bulaga - OT/Iowa

Carlos Dunlap - DE/Florida

Dez Bryant - WR/Oklahoma State

Brandon Spikes - LB/Florida

Of course, much of this will likely change come April, but that's the school of thought to follow with the draft. The top crop of 6-8 players separate themselves above the rest and get picked in the first 6-8 picks, and then the teams that follow pick for need, based on value.