Another Tebow thread

I agree that there is a lot of prejudice against Christians that are public with their faith. For example, a lot on this board don't like Denny because he's Mormon. I'm certain that a lot of the hatred for Tebow comes from his up-front Christianity and the fact that he's a face for a winning program - and America truly loves to hate consistent winners. We love the underdog and when somebody or something gets too big and powerful and wins "too much" they start to become reviled. Add in a liberal dose of conference rivalries and you get a passionate, animated hatred of someone who in other circumstances most people would LOVE to have on their own team. (think about marcia brady here folks)

As to the people that think athletes are stupid to avoid working on a holy day - does anybody remember Sandy Kofax refusing to pitch the opening game of the 1965 World Series because it was on Yom Kippur? I do. Don Drysdale got shelled and the Dodgers lost.

To me it sounds like a family, youth & communication studies major is roughly equivalent to a professional degree in being a community organizer.

I agree that there is a lot of prejudice against Christians that are public with their faith. For example, a lot on this board don't like Denny because he's Mormon. I'm certain that a lot of the hatred for Tebow comes from his up-front Christianity and the fact that he's a face for a winning program - and America truly loves to hate consistent winners. We love the underdog and when somebody or something gets too big and powerful and wins "too much" they start to become reviled. Add in a liberal dose of conference rivalries and you get a passionate, animated hatred of someone who in other circumstances most people would LOVE to have on their own team. (think about marcia brady here folks)

As to the people that think athletes are stupid to avoid working on a holy day - does anybody remember Sandy Kofax refusing to pitch the opening game of the 1965 World Series because it was on Yom Kippur? I do. Don Drysdale got shelled and the Dodgers lost.

To me it sounds like a family, youth & communication studies major is roughly equivalent to a professional degree in being a community organizer.

I had no idea Denney was a morman and think nothing of it either way.

My issue with Denney is that he has been an ok but unspectacular backup. However he is getting paid like a back-up so really Denny is fine.

Kelsay bothers me immensly, whatever faith he may be.

I don't mind he is Christian just that he takes it so far and pushes his christaianity on the rest of us.

Leave your beliefs at home, not under your eyes on National TV and in every interview. That smacks of zealotry which I don't like, no matter what the religious cause.

Makes me think he is not too bright, also, sorry.

Remember the guy that refused to play in the NFL because they played on Sunday? I have no problem with that guy at all; he kept it to himself when he played in college, then, refused the money of the NFL because of his beliefs. Good for him. Not too bright, though.

You have alot of stones calling others out for pushing their beliefs. Any chance you get to take a shot at someones faith, you take it. You also think it's okay to call others stupid because they believe in something you don't. I find your brand of hatred far more insulting than a college kid putting a bible passage in his eye black. I'm not a Christian either but I'm not ignorant enough to tell others what they shouldn't believe. In your mind it's only okay to spread ideas as long as they suit your beliefs. :lol:

...... as a non-believer, I have always found the loud mouth athiest far more annoying and ignorant.

Until they decide on a crusade to rape your women and pillage your village in the name of Chritianity.

Or kidnap you and enslave you for 400 years in order to help you lose your own anamistic or pagan beliefs and find Jesus Christ.

Evangilism is a slippery slope.

Muslims are now where Christians were a few hundred years ago (and still are in some places).

keep it at home, everyone, the world would be better off.

Anyway, back to football.....

Christianity is now what you describe here. Jesus didn't force his beliefs on anyone as far as i can tell. In my opinion a true christain would be "Christ like". So if a person or group is not immulating Jesus, they really aren't Christians no matter what they call themselves. So maybe what you really have a problem with are the hypocrites and false Christians.

I think most critics don't like his baseball-pitch style delivery, the Florida system as it translates to the pros, or his frame.

I am with you though, I don't like him because of the Christian stuff, 100%. Nutcase zealot.

The Christian stuff? I'm no devote parishioner, but did you ever here of Roger Staubach? Being a Christian, does not mean one can't be talented, a leader, and a great player as well.

Wow.....

I think most critics don't like his baseball-pitch style delivery, the Florida system as it translates to the pros, or his frame.

I am with you though, I don't like him because of the Christian stuff, 100%. Nutcase zealot.

So if someone displays their views publicly about, oh let's say, ANYTHING, they're a 100% nutcase zealot regarding that particular view?

Let's just ban public displays of anything that might possibly be construed as potentially offensive to anyone and be done with it.

So if someone displays their views publicly about, oh let's say, ANYTHING, they're a 100% nutcase zealot regarding that particular view?

Let's just ban public displays of anything that might possibly be construed as potentially offensive to anyone and be done with it.

He lives in Asia. Found that in another thread. Does that mean anything? Maybe. Maybe not.

I agree.

Your reply has nothing to do with what I said. :thumbdown:

When I'd read your earlier post the first time around, I'd thought you were complaining about NFL players engaging in public displays of faith (praying after TDs, etc.). And I thought to myself, why would this guy complain about that when there are so many more annoying/obnoxious things being done on national TV these days?

But in rereading your earlier post, I see that your remarks may have been directed at overly forward spreading of Christianity in general--such as door-to-door evangelization--without touching on anything NFL-specific (such as praying after TDs).