Another Tebow thread

I was just looking up Tebow's stats, not his on the field stats but his physical stats and I must say that I'm quite impressed.

Tebow is listed at 6'3 245 and reportedly benches over 400lbs and can squat over 600lbs while running a 4.68.

Now this is going to sound racist even though it is not my intention but do think if Tebow was anything other then white with those numbers and the same hardware sitting on the shelf(Heisman, Nat Champs etc) that he would be under the same scrutiny? Again Im not trying to sound racist but it seems to me that one of the reasons that people don't like him is that he's a religious, crying whiteboy. IMO if you take a guy who has those same numbers and hardware and give him the backstory of rising up out of an unfortunate situation he goes top 5 no questions.

I know I'm going out on a limb here and putting myself up for flaming for even bringing this up but I'm curious as to peoples thoughts.

I was just looking up Tebow's stats, not his on the field stats but his physical stats and I must say that I'm quite impressed.

Tebow is listed at 6'3 245 and reportedly benches over 400lbs and can squat over 600lbs while running a 4.68.

Now this is going to sound racist even though it is not my intention but do think if Tebow was anything other then white with those numbers and the same hardware sitting on the shelf(Heisman, Nat Champs etc) that he would be under the same scrutiny? Again Im not trying to sound racist but it seems to me that one of the reasons that people don't like him is that he's a religious, crying whiteboy. IMO if you take a guy who has those same numbers and hardware and give him the backstory of rising up out of an unfortunate situation he goes top 5 no questions.

I know I'm going out on a limb here and putting myself up for flaming for even bringing this up but I'm curious as to peoples thoughts.

I think most critics don't like his baseball-pitch style delivery, the Florida system as it translates to the pros, or his frame.

I am with you though, I don't like him because of the Christian stuff, 100%. Nutcase zealot.

I think most critics don't like his baseball-pitch style delivery, the Florida system as it translates to the pros, or his frame.

I am with you though, I don't like him because of the Christian stuff, 100%. Nutcase zealot.

You don't like him because he's Christian? The guy has great leadership skills, that team followed him. He is a great athlete. What the "hell" does his religion have to do with anything? I don't think he's a top ten pick but he could turn into a good pro at some position. Maybe even quarterback. I'd take a high charachter guy like him over a more talented guy whos got low charachter any day.

You don't like him because he's Christian? The guy has great leadership skills, that team followed him. He is a great athlete. What the "hell" does his religion have to do with anything? I don't think he's a top ten pick but he could turn into a good pro at some position. Maybe even quarterback. I'd take a high charachter guy like him over a more talented guy whos got low charachter any day.

I'm with you on this, not that I'm not religious myself but how can that be a downfall of a player? I just had a friend on FaceBook join the club "No praying at football games" and I laughed. Like I said, I'm not a religious person but I could never see myself getting upset about seeing a player pray or point to God when they score. Could you imagine knowing someone that's like "I love that guy Tebow but HOW DARE HE PRAY BEFORE A GAME!!!!!" Said person would sound like a moron. I think if anything it helps him be more of a leader.

I don't mind he is Christian just that he takes it so far and pushes his christaianity on the rest of us.

Leave your beliefs at home, not under your eyes on National TV and in every interview. That smacks of zealotry which I don't like, no matter what the religious cause.

Makes me think he is not too bright, also, sorry.

Remember the guy that refused to play in the NFL because they played on Sunday? I have no problem with that guy at all; he kept it to himself when he played in college, then, refused the money of the NFL because of his beliefs. Good for him. Not too bright, though.

Remember the guy that refused to play in the NFL because they played on Sunday? I have no problem with that guy at all; he kept it to himself when he played in college, then, refused the money of the NFL because of his beliefs. Good for him. Not too bright, though.

Yes, it is stupid to quietly follow your religious and moral beliefs (whatever they are) instead of putting them aside for cash money.

:lol:

Eesh, this got ugly. Christians are called to evangelize. You just don't have to listen if you don't want to.

I do not mind evangelists. I DO mind having someone's beliefs thrown at me like a pie in the face repeatedly. I also think somewhere in that book Jesus said to knock on every door, but if no one was home, try the next door. SOME evangelists think He said kick the door down.

Peace

Makes me think he is not too bright, also, sorry.

Three-time Academic All-American. From the CoSIDA release:

The winner of the Academic All-America® of the Year award for the second straight season, senior quarterback Tim Tebow will guide #5 Florida (12-1) into the Allstate Sugar Bowl on January 1. The Gators, who had their 22-game winning streak snapped by Alabama, will face fourth-ranked Cincinnati (12-0) in the Sugar Bowl.

A family, youth & communication studies major with a 3.66 GPA, Tebow became the first sophomore to win the Heisman Trophy in 2007. A three-year starter, he is putting the finishing touches on a remarkable college career. Tebow helped Florida win two national championships with a four-year record of 46-8. A native of Jacksonville, Fla., he has passed for 8,588 yards with 83 touchdown passes in his career. He has also rushed for 2,614 career yards and scored 55 TD’s. The Southeastern Conference Scholar-Athlete of the Year in 2008 and 2009, he was selected to the ESPN The Magazine Academic All-America® Football University Division first team for the third straight year.

I interviewed a local guy who didn't make the national team despite carrying a 3.80 GPA at MIT. So, yeah, might want to reconsider the "not too bright" assertion.

Eesh, this got ugly. Christians are called to evangelize. You just don't have to listen if you don't want to.

Until they decide on a crusade to rape your women and pillage your village in the name of Chritianity.

Or kidnap you and enslave you for 400 years in order to help you lose your own anamistic or pagan beliefs and find Jesus Christ.

Evangilism is a slippery slope.

Muslims are now where Christians were a few hundred years ago (and still are in some places).

keep it at home, everyone, the world would be better off.

Anyway, back to football.....

Yes, it is stupid to quietly follow your religious and moral beliefs (whatever they are) instead of putting them aside for cash money.

:lol:

Point taken. That guy is very likely at peace with himself and the world and in that, is a huge winner in life over most of us. I think he is a farmer in Iowa so, living the good outdoor life too. Lucky man.

I interviewed a local guy who didn't make the national team despite carrying a 3.80 GPA at MIT. So, yeah, might want to reconsider the "not too bright" assertion.

Don't confuse the issue with facts! :lol:

I will miss you at the Tailgate, Lori. Me and Babyrock are going with Jack and Jay.

Hope you feel better soon!

The winner of the Academic All-America® of the Year award for the second straight season, senior quarterback Tim Tebow will guide #5 Florida (12-1) into the Allstate Sugar Bowl on January 1. The Gators, who had their 22-game winning streak snapped by Alabama, will face fourth-ranked Cincinnati (12-0) in the Sugar Bowl.

A family, youth & communication studies major with a 3.66 GPA, Tebow became the first sophomore to win the Heisman Trophy in 2007. A three-year starter, he is putting the finishing touches on a remarkable college career. Tebow helped Florida win two national championships with a four-year record of 46-8. A native of Jacksonville, Fla., he has passed for 8,588 yards with 83 touchdown passes in his career. He has also rushed for 2,614 career yards and scored 55 TD’s. The Southeastern Conference Scholar-Athlete of the Year in 2008 and 2009, he was selected to the ESPN The Magazine Academic All-America® Football University Division first team for the third straight year.

What is that major, exactly?

Could it be that a 2.0 GPA physics or chemistry or even English Lit. major is a little brighter? Hmm....

I can only hope he never comes into contact with my family or youth and tries to communicate with them. With a 3.66 GPA in the subject, he likely could get through.

Let's see ... your opinion, vs. a national panel of SIDs. Oh, and the folks who hand out the Campbell Trophy, too.

Funny thing is, I don't like the Christian Coalition types knocking on my door any more than you do. I just happen to think you're off base on the not-too-bright thing, especially when there's evidence to the contrary.

What's his major? Well, he seems to have a heart for youth and families, and as a result, will probably be in a ministry before his life is through. This individual works oversees in ministry and his parents are missionaries, if I'm NOT mistaken. Whether you like it or not, he can bring plenty of people to what I BELIEVE is the saving GRACE of Jesus. I said belief, mine and mine alone, and someone who doesn't adhere to what you'd probably call relgious doctorine is thereby, what, flawed and backward? That's the national perspective in this country, so you my friend, are right by their marginal moral code. Tim Tebow, in my opinion, is going to be a face of an NFL franchise, going forward, and scorn him if you must, but I LOVE this kid, and would be honored to know him. One thing I'm fairly certain of, and that is this guy will work HARD to produce in this league and don't be suprised if he is an All Pro for years to come! As you said, back to football....

Most personnel people and scounts dont like TT because of his overall mechanics, which are by all accounts POOR by professional standards. In order to be effective at the pro level, most people agree that ole timmy will have to alter his throwing motion, release point, running style (you cant go head first that much in the pros), he'll have to correct his footwork, learn how to read defenses, because florida doesn't run a read and recognition style offense. So to summarize, as much as the pro people do really love his leadership ability (which centers on his faith), TT simply doesnt have the refined physical tools to start in the NFL right out of college, therefore he does not have a first round grade.

What has NOT affected his draft stock is his faith, in a league that "VALUES" high character guys Tebow is every owners wet dream, in that respect, unfortunately, he doesnt stack up physically, yet.

I do not mind evangelists. I DO mind having someone's beliefs thrown at me like a pie in the face repeatedly. I also think somewhere in that book Jesus said to knock on every door, but if no one was home, try the next door. SOME evangelists think He said kick the door down.

Peace

If you don't want stuff thrown in your face repeatedly, you have no business watching national television. Being show the exact same pickup truck/beer ad multiple times within the span of a few minutes is far more obnoxious, insulting, and in-your-face than is some NFL player praying after a touchdown.

Let's see ... your opinion, vs. a national panel of SIDs. Oh, and the folks who hand out the Campbell Trophy, too.

Funny thing is, I don't like the Christian Coalition types knocking on my door any more than you do. I just happen to think you're off base on the not-too-bright thing, especially when there's evidence to the contrary.

I communicated with a youth just the other day.

Went fine.

And I hold no degree in youth communication and have no formal training in that arena. Much less a 3.66 from the academic powerhouse that is the Universtoy of Florida.

If you don't want stuff thrown in your face repeatedly, you have no business watching national television. Being show the exact same pickup truck/beer ad multiple times within the span of a few minutes is far more obnoxious, insulting, and in-your-face than is some NFL player praying after a touchdown.

I agree.

Your reply has nothing to do with what I said. :lol: