Marty Schottenheimer Isn't Coming

bills_red

im getting real sick and tired of espn and nfl network saying we cant get an a list coach

Dude... get used to it. ESPN is right. It's reality. The Bills don't pursue "A listers". Saban and Levy were on nobody's A list. The one and only "A list" coach the Bills had was Chuck Knox, and he walked because he knew Ralph was jerk.

Wilson wants a coach that reveres him. One that will kiss his ring, feet, and ass. There's plenty of those types around. So, why should he bring in an "A lister" that's more inclined to share reality with him than be in awe of him?

i want jim harbaugh/john fox or bill cowher....... I WANT A !@#$ING LEADER.... I WANT PASSION, I WANT A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should hire Carl Mauck as HC. He's got more passion than anyone in the league.

Oh sure he looks like a raving lunatic but hey, passion wins right?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/09...-in-as-Bills-GM

"I spoke with Marty today and he said "No way I am not coming back anywhere..I did it for 30 years and I am done."

So can we stop the all the Marty post now?????

Actually, no. Listend to John Clayton on WGR yesterday and he mentioned that

Marty said the same things about not returning to coaching prior to taking the job

in SD.

I believe Shotty would come back, if it is the right job. I think he would want a chance

to redeem himself after going 14-2 and getting axed.

We should hire Carl Mauck as HC. He's got more passion than anyone in the league.

Oh sure he looks like a raving lunatic but hey, passion wins right?

Carl Mauck ... LOL ... that was quality. Always good for a red-faced sideline tirade after a "lookout" block.

When Marty fired him in San Diego, he had to have done it by phone ... long distance no less.

Marty said the same things about not returning to coaching prior to taking the job

in SD.

I believe Shotty would come back, if it is the right job. I think he would want a chance

He also went on national tv and said "I would never work for a guy like Snyder" when he worked for espn.

Guess who was coaching the Redskins a few months later?

He also went on national tv and said "I would never work for a guy like Snyder" when he worked for espn.

Guess who was coaching the Redskins a few months later?

Spot on. Things can change dramatically when serious discussions start.

However, the Clayton comments made me think there may be some kind of gnarly personal issue between Marty and Ralph - one that sounded like was "known" among insiders, even though Clayton seemed to deny that. My own memory wants to say that some kind of spat was talked about back at the time of the Chiefs/Bills AFC Championship game as well, but I can't remember the details ... possibly relating all the way back to Marty's stint in Buffalo.

i dont trust anyone at espn/nfl network, they are against buffalo winning for some reason........

the only dog they have in the hunt is product quality,so....inept franchises like the bills, lions, raiders may well be in their bad books....doesn't make them wrong though

Carl Mauck ... LOL ... that was quality. Always good for a red-faced sideline tirade after a "lookout" block.

When Marty fired him in San Diego, he had to have done it by phone ... long distance no less.

Why not throw Chuck Dickerson into the mix also.

:(

in SD.

Nick Saban: 'I'm not going to be the Alabama coach'

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2705288

No, it's the bills that are against winning, and for many reasons.

True, the Bills don't deserve respect. They have lost it every time the national TV audience has watched us for the past ten years. Buffalo is an after thought, a nobody to the national media and I would wager that most folks outside of western NY don't even know Toronto is close to Buffalo. Point is, Respect is something that must be earned. The Bills need to stop beating themselves first then beat the snot out of everyone else for a few seasons. It starts now. Billieve it. :bag:

I would take Cowher, Gruden, Shanny, or John Fox over Marty BUT I would take Marty over a bunch of coordinators or other retreads (And Mike Leach). BUT I don't think that Marty is going to come he is 66 and I think that the stress of the job is going to catch up with him. Honestly 66 is old for an NFL head coaching job now a lot of guys have coached well into their 60's BUT I don't know of many guys who have taken a rebuilding job at the age of 66.

Most coaches at age 66 don't want to take over a team that is going to be at least 2-3 years away from doing anything significant. By the time the Bills will be a contending team Marty will be 69-70 years old. So I don't think Marty is going to want to spend his late 60's rebuilding a cold weather team. I could be wrong but all signs point otherwise.