With our new GM wanting a big, rough team

scribo

I don't think that Nix is a fan of the Tampa -2. I would love to see a bigger, rougher, tougher defense next year. If we switch to a 3-4, our ends are way too small. That's the biggest reason I hate the cover 2; small players. If you have the right personnell, it works ala Tampa (when they won) and Indy. Our linebackers seem to be on the smallish side also. With the offensive problems the Bills have also, it will take a few years to get this ship in the right direction. Still, the Bills have rebuilt with worse teams in my lifetime, so it's not an impossible task.

I hope they can make a play for Adalius Thomas when he gets let go by the Patriots in the Off season. He could be the center piece along with Poz for the transition to a 3-4 defense.

We have a lot of undersized guys, especially on the defensive side of the ball. It seems to me there will have to be a good deal of overhauling the roster this offseason. But we all know only so much can be done in one spring.

as long as he doesn't ruin the best secondary in the NFL I'm fine with it

the first step might be taking sam bradford number 1 and then trading back into the first rd to take massive dt terrence cody

Sam Bradford is the exact opposite of who Nix would draft at QB

he is fragile, frail and injury prone- and played in a spread offense

look for someone more in the mold of big and strong- like Big Ben (and Kelly before him)

If Nix has half a brain in his head, he won't cut loose functional players who may not fit long term until he has better replacements on the roster.

The past practice of purging the roster of functional players just so we are forced to spend premium draft picks to fill holes instead of accumulating talent and playmakers was ludicrous. losing out on Ngata because they had to draft Whitner as an immediate starter because they cut Milloy has been standard operating procedure for the Inner Circle Jerk.

We will see if things change

If Nix has half a brain in his head, he won't cut loose functional players who may not fit long term until he has better replacements on the roster.

The past practice of purging the roster of functional players just so we are forced to spend premium draft picks to fill holes instead of accumulating talent and playmakers was ludicrous. losing out on Ngata because they had to draft Whitner as an immediate starter because they cut Milloy has been standard operating procedure for the Inner Circle Jerk.

We will see if things change

Ditto for using using a #1 draft pick on Marshawn Lynch after trading McGahee to Baltimore (but that trade at least yielded us some draft picks)