Chuck Lester -- Does He Survive Yet Another Regime Change?

ChasBB

No doubt about it.

I tend to agree with you. I think he survives yet again. It seems perhaps he's more of a technician and organizer and perhaps not so much a "coach". I really don't know, but to survive so many coaching changes suggests his role is less as a coach and more as a facilitator who assists the real coaches with odd jobs, organizing, etc. I really don't know. He did however coach the linebackers for a few years, so I may be totally wrong about his level of coaching contribution.

I've gotta believe that Lester is the backdoor direct link to ralph. Call him a rat or whatever, but there's no way a low level staffer survives 25 years of regime changes shuffling film and paperwork around.

Ha -- "The Mole"

Lester is known around the league as someone who knows how to break down film. Like QBs breaking down defenses it is a skill and no reason for next coach to not keep him unless (1) he has someone to replace him and (2) his salary is preventing him from hiring another coach he wants (zero sum game).

I've gotta believe that Lester is the backdoor direct link to ralph. Call him a rat or whatever, but there's no way a low level staffer survives 25 years of regime changes shuffling film and paperwork around.

Lester is a mole who brings Ralph his coffee and serves as an informant. Contrary to belief, he sucks. There's a reason he's not an actual coach and is a "personal assistant" -- he specializes in photocopying and other miscellaneous B word work. If you think any head coach actually WANTS him around, you're kidding yourself.