Albert Einstein once said:

major

Look at the past few years since Donahoe was dismissed. All ONE BILLS DRIVE has done since is promote from within (I guess Donahoe scarred them for life). That being the case, I'm fully expecting Fewell to be named head coach. Talk about promoting from within, it's still hard for me to believe Alex Van Pelt is our offensive coordinator. Heck, AVP might be our next head coach.

Per Wiki:

"Nix came to the San Diego Chargers with John Butler and A. J. Smith from the Buffalo Bills where the three were instrumental in building the Bills into NFL contention through the NFL Draft. Butler had died during the Chargers rebuilding years, Smith was promoted to General Manager, and Nix to Assistant General Manager and Director of Player Personnel.

Nix was employed by the Chargers from 1993 to 2000. Nix's job with the Chargers was to oversee both pro and college scouting and to be one of the main decision makers in each NFL Draft. Nix was a major reason the Chargers turned around from a losing football team to a rebuilt, winning team.

In 2004, three players Nix drafted were selected to the 2005 Pro Bowl. In 2005, six players Nix drafted were selected to the 2006 Pro Bowl. In 2006, eleven players Nix drafted were selected to the 2007 Pro Bowl. In 2007, eight players Nix drafted were selected to the 2008 Pro Bowl.

Nix is considered by some to be one of the top five talent evaluators in the NFL. The Chargers won four out of the last five AFC West titles with Nix as Assistant GM and Director of Player Personnel, in charge of college scouting and instrumental to the decision making process of their NFL drafts."

DOOOOOMED!

I think the reason people on this board (like myself) keep using this quote so often is because it fits.

It fits except for the fact that Brandon has never promoted a GM from within and the Bills have never hired Nix as GM before making the quote basically irrelevant here...

Brandon as president/CEO and promoting a GM from within. I'd say Einstein was thinking of us when he made his famous "insanity quote".

Let's see: McGroder hired from w/in - not so good

Polian hired from w/in - best move EVER

Butler hired from w/in - still had a strong team but set up cap issues

Donahoe hired from outside - not so good

Levy hired not from w/in but w/ obvious ties - not so good

Brandon leading GM by committee - slightly better

Nix hired from w/in - ???

Basically, I don't see how they've done the same thing repeatedly.

Brandon as president/CEO and promoting a GM from within. I'd say Einstein was thinking of us when he made his famous "insanity quote".

Id say you are an idiot...and dont have a clue to the talents that a Buddy Nix brings to the table...

Would it have been ok if we brought Nix in a year ago and named him GM of football operations from perhaps the best front office in football (sandiego) ??? because then he would have been an OUTSIDER????? but now he has been here 10 months and helped us to a very productive draft he is an INSIDER????

Nix has exactly what we need - 30+ years of experience on the scouting pro personnel side of the house