Umenyiora may be available this off season?

Ain't we puttin the cart in front of the horse? WTF??

Yeah, sure bring him in and sign him up first. Then we get a GM and a coach that want a big ass physical 3-4 defense. OOOPS Umenyiora ain't makin the team... guess we pissed that money down the tube.

any talk of players at this point is totally stupid. We ought to be worried about the dude in charge of FB operations. Once that is cleared up, the rest will fall into place.

Yeah, sure bring him in and sign him up first. Then we get a GM and a coach that want a big ass physical 3-4 defense. OOOPS Umenyiora ain't makin the team... guess we pissed that money down the tube.

any talk of players at this point is totally stupid. We ought to be worried about the dude in charge of FB operations. Once that is cleared up, the rest will fall into place.

Just shut it Mr. Optimistic, I'm just as much of a cynic as anyone but you do realize that at some point we will be bringing in new players either via FA or the draft. Yes I'm with you when it comes to getting a GM and HC first, only a moron would see it differently. However I was just asking if anyone thought he'd be worth a shot...

Get over yourself Doc, your so confident that your version is the trooth that you instantly slam anyone on this board who says anything that you don't want to talk about or agree with. It's old, it's boring and no one cares.

Would you want to bring him in for a looksee? I know he's not great against the run and he was hurt last year but maybe a situational guy to mentor Maybin? I'm already in the offseason guys and bored so I'm wondering about your thoughts...

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/osi...ner-311179.html

why not? I think he'd be a decent pick up for a good price if Schobel decides to drop himself off the roster. He would be good in a rotation, and we could move maybin to OLB :unsure:

Take it easy twink. It's just a post. Besides, no one ever listens to the fans anyway, so does it really matter what we discuss and/or what order. Take the Canoli out of your butt and loosen up.

Honestly though, I don't really care who's in charge of Face Book operations, and all the posts re: GM's are mostly boring.

Bills need to try and salvage guys whose production has dipped from previous greatness. Osi was great during the Giant Super Bowl season and 2006 as well as very good last year. But this year the guy has been very below average this season. I think if we can get him on the cheap (4/5th round pick and a 6th or 7th round pick) its a risk definitely worth taking when this guy is on his game he is one of the leagues best 4-3 DE's.

I think it is a Moot point. Osi is currently the property of the NY Giants and will not become a FA until February. I am sure the Bills will have a front office and a HC by then to make such a decision.

Depending on who is running the front office and what their vision is, Umenyiora would be worth a look. Again, that depends on what direction the FO takes.

I agree, I know it's just a fantasy but I'd like the new HC to employ the 3-4 and draft Brandon Spikes in the second, move Maybin to OLB as well as pick up Osi and move him to OLB. Sign Jolly from GB ( I think he's a great fit in the 3-4) and move Stroud to the other DE spot and maybe pick up Tony Brown from Ten. to play NT.

So we'd have a DL that looked like this: Jolly Brown Stroud. LB's would look like this: Maybin and Osi OLB, Poz and Spikes at MLB.

OR

We could draft McClain in the first. That, to me is more ideal and have McClain and Poz in the middle.

I like it and like I said it's just a fantasy...

BTW I KNOW THE OFFENSE NEEDS UPGRADING MORE THEN THE DEFENSE so please don't throw that out there. I say McClain in the first or Spikes in the second and spend the rest of the draft fixing our OT and QB spots.

I agree, I know it's just a fantasy but I'd like the new HC to employ the 3-4 and draft Brandon Spikes in the second, move Maybin to OLB as well as pick up Osi and move him to OLB. Sign Jolly from GB ( I think he's a great fit in the 3-4) and move Stroud to the other DE spot and maybe pick up Tony Brown from Ten. to play NT.

So we'd have a DL that looked like this: Jolly Brown Stroud. LB's would look like this: Maybin and Osi OLB, Poz and Spikes at MLB.

OR

We could draft McClain in the first. That, to me is more ideal and have McClain and Poz in the middle.

I like it and like I said it's just a fantasy...

BTW I KNOW THE OFFENSE NEEDS UPGRADING MORE THEN THE DEFENSE so please don't throw that out there. I say McClain in the first or Spikes in the second and spend the rest of the draft fixing our OT and QB spots.

I don't think Spikes makes it out of the first round, IMO. But I would be all for McClain