• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple things

They DID bring in a Vet QB backup...Fitzpatrick

Losman was pretty much shot...hopefully he can turn his career around but I wouldn't count on it

Peters tanked it on purpose in 2008...worst LT in the game last year...we should've had a better plan to replace him, though

Maybin...he might be good one day...but not for a while...and you have to get production out of the 11th pick...I totally agree

Had they not tried to go with a no-huddle, Walker would still be here...he couldn't hack the no-huddle...poorly conditioned

Peters was our worst O-lineman in 08, Dockery was 2nd worst...Levitre very likely will grade out better than Dockery did

LBs...injuries were the issue to that group

O-line...injuries and a lack of chemistry were the issue. The O-line has to play together to play as a unit and even if we didn't have injury problems there, it would've been midseason before we knew what kind of a unit we actually had

AVP...I wonder how we would've done had he been able to install his own playbook instead of going with what Schonert left

Interesting note...all 3 teams that switched offensive coordinators just prior to the season struggled mightily, especially on offense. Somehow I think few teams will ever think of making a change like that again

Why does everyone seem to think that this team needed immediate production out of Maybin? Even if he played great for a rookie, it still wouldn't have really mattered. There was nothing wrong with drafting a project.

:worthy: Production out of the #11 overall pick is sooo overrated. :worthy:

Peters tanked it on purpose in 2008...worst LT in the game last year...we should've had a better plan to replace him, though

Maybin...he might be good one day...but not for a while...and you have to get production out of the 11th pick...I totally agree

Yup, Andy Reid traded for the "worst LT in the game" and paid Peters $60M over 6 years. $10M/year money for the "worst LT in the game"

And Peters deliberately "tanked it on purpose"

The nonsense that people peddle on internet blogs is breathtaking

:worthy: Expecting production out of the #11 overall pick is sooo overrated. :worthy:

There is a difference between expecting and needing. Everyone knew Maybin was a project, and anyone who expected a good rookie year was, frankly, ignorant. Maybin was drafted for long term development, and has rare speed and athleticism, which is why he was such a highly rated prospect.

Maybin may be a bust, or he might be the next Jason Taylor, but evaluating him now is idiotic. The kid might never be any good, but he has the talent to be a perennial sack leader.

Yup, Andy Reid traded for the "worst LT in the game" and paid Peters $60M over 6 years. $10M/year money for the "worst LT in the game"

And Peters deliberately "tanked it on purpose"

The nonsense that people peddle on internet blogs is breathtaking

Peters was not the worst lineman on the team last year, although revisionism like that can make it easier to justify him being pedaled. Melvin Fowler was so bad they benched him for a guy that couldn't remember snap counts or even what formation they were in. As if it were merely accidental that they targeted a guy who scored "genius" on the Wonderlic...

There is a difference between expecting and needing. Everyone knew Maybin was a project, and anyone who expected a good rookie year was, frankly, ignorant. Maybin was drafted for long term development, and has rare speed and athleticism, which is why he was such a highly rated prospect.

Maybin may be a bust, or he might be the next Jason Taylor, but evaluating him now is idiotic. The kid might never be any good, but he has the talent to be a perennial sack leader.

Sure glad the Bills didn't draft Orakpo. He might end up NFL Rookie of the year at DE. 11 sacks or something like that.

Sure glad the Bills didn't draft Orakpo. He might end up NFL Rookie of the year at DE. 11 sacks or something like that.

It's always smart to throw your top pick at a guy that will need 2 to 4 years to be good enough to actually be on the field more than a few token snaps when the owner and COO are stoking the coals under your hot seat and demanding that you win now or you'll be hung from the nearest limb. It's logic is simply brilliant. It's only a whisker better than drafting a RB with a devastating knee injury who you know won't play a single snap when you are a lame duck. You'd think these coaches might actually be saying something like "!@#$ this ****. I hope Ralph fires me."

Peters was not the worst lineman on the team last year, although revisionism like that can make it easier to justify him being pedaled. Melvin Fowler was so bad they benched him for a guy that couldn't remember snap counts or even what formation they were in. As if it were merely accidental that they targeted a guy who scored "genius" on the Wonderlic...

What do you expect from a person who thinks an adequate slow footed RT would have been a viable replacement for LT if only the Bills did not attempt to play that pesky no-huddle.

I dunno, I thought the Drayton Florence pickup was a good one. So was Wood, Levitre, Hangartner, Nelson, and Byrd, for that matter.

Giving Jackson his extension was also pretty smart.

Same for Evans.

Oh, and McGee too.

Yeah, ALL is a strong word but the overall strategy was horrible.

Any F.O. that's drafts a "project" at DE with the 11th overall pick is ignorant. NO F.O. (other than the Bills apparently) drafts a project player that high. It's BS, and if they say that, they're lying.

Why does everyone seem to think that this team needed immediate production out of Maybin? Even if he played great for a rookie, it still wouldn't have really mattered. There was nothing wrong with drafting a project.

I hope u r being sarcastic :worthy:

It's always smart to throw your top pick at a guy that will need 2 to 4 years to be good enough to actually be on the field more than a few token snaps when the owner and COO are stoking the coals under your hot seat and demanding that you win now or you'll be hung from the nearest limb. It's logic is simply brilliant. It's only a whisker better than drafting a RB with a devastating knee injury who you know won't play a single snap when you are a lame duck. You'd think these coaches might actually be saying something like "!@#$ this ****. I hope Ralph fires me."

Or even quit, saying "I've had enough of this Malarky."

Wrong Moves:

Not signing Vet QB

Trading Jason Peters

Cutting Dockery and Walker

Drafting Maybin

Right Moves:

Drafting Wood (with pick obtained by trading Peters)

Drafting Byrd

Drafting Levitre

Drafting Nelson (with pick obtained by trading Peters)

Signing TO

Not re-signing JP