stussy109/silvernred/tgreg99

SoCal

See you have to laugh sometimes. Well I have to get some work done.

One more thing. If you think that security was going to stop that you need to go to more events. They are there to stop some people not hundreds and if you think that they would have caught that guy who threw the beer you are sadly mistaken.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They are there to stop some people not hundreds and if you think that they would have caught that guy who threw the beer you are sadly mistaken.

right, i've never been to a sporting event where security has thrown someone out for throwing something. oh wait, i saw it happen at the bills cardinals game. nevermind.

right, i've never been to a sporting event where security has thrown someone out for throwing something. oh wait, i saw it happen at the bills cardinals game. nevermind.

126288[/snapback]

There's a big difference. The court at an NBA game is within easy range of the fans. NFL players aren't at risk of being hit with stuff because the bench is so far removed from the fans.

alright. everyone calm down.

1 - Artest's foul was NOT HARD at all. quit calling it a hard foul.

2 - Wallace is a punk, who should have put his head down and shot his FTs. Instead, he made a big scene out of nothing. Even a little shove on the shoulder would have been fine... but... don't two-hand a dude to the face b/c he fouled you when you're down by 15.

3 - People keep saying that Artest was acting so "cocky" and superior and acting out of spite towards Big Ben by laying on the scorers table. Look... for Artest, that's a big step up from how he usually acts. Maybe he was trying to be a jackass about it, but that's much, much better than the usual throwdown that would have happened directly after the shove.

4 - Whoever threw that beer is an idiot, and they SHOULD NOT have thrown it.

5 - Artest was obviously NOT in danger from a cup of beer. He was NOT defending himself. But at the same time... no one knew what these guys were thinking. Both teams were obviously fired up (both for the game (finals rematch) and because of the fight). Plus... obviously Artest is an exciteable dude. What he did, whether or not we choose to believe it, was probably either ingrained or an uncontrollable response. Why? I don't know. Maybe he went to school where you always had to be on the defensive (or offensive). Maybe he had bad parents. Maybe he just likes to fight. But believe me... it's real easy for all of us (myself included) to say "he shouldn't have gone into the stands" when we're not Ron Artest. That being said... he shouldn't have gone into the stands. But, I will give him the benefit of the doubt in saying that I'm 100% positive he wouldn't have had he thought the Detroit Riots: 2k4 would have broken out.

6 - Artest did not "tackle" the dude. If he did, it's because he missed big on two haymakers and fell on the guy (who did not actually throw the beer, coincidentally).

Note: Hands down, funniest part of the night: That same guy was yelling and cheering and whatever else at Artest until the last second - so right as Artest gets up to his row and pulls his fist back, this guy's face goes from "When does Ben get to shoot his free throws" to "How soon can I get a load of laundry done... because I'm all out of clean underwear." Watch for this the next time you see the tape. You won't regret it, I promise.

7 - How fuggin' nuts of a fight did that have to be when RASHEED WALLACE, of all people, was one of the only ones trying to break it up! Awesome.

8 - The two fans in Pistons jerseys that got jacked by Artest and then O'Neal (shot of the night) deserved it. Stay off the court. In that atmosphere, if you saw a big dude in a Pistons jersey charging at you, you would do something similar. It's human nature.

I could write more... but, most of all... the whole thing was stupid. You could blame everyone. I didn't even mention Stephen Jackson, who probably went up there to "defend" Artest (I use quotes because Artest didn't need to be defended, but I'm sure Jackson thought he might). The fans who jumped on Artest could be blamed, but can you blame them for defending one of their own fans? The point is... if you're a Celtics fan, the whole thing, as sad, ridiculous, and stupid as it was... well, it was kinda funny. Actually... if you can make yourself ignore how stupid it was and watch all the white guys faces in the stands around the fight... it was hilarious.

Lastly, thank goodness Minnesota wasn't in town. If Latrell had gotten suspended, his poor family might not have been able to eat a square meal until at least February.

EDIT: When I said Artest was not in danger from a cup of beer, I should have mentioned this: a half full cup of beer is not a big deal. But that cup of beer could have (and in a couple ways did) turned into a plastic bottle of beer; then a glass bottle of beer; then a CHAIR; then a set of keys, etc. No one's mentioned that; certainly I don't think Artest was thinking that when he went into the stands. But that is something to think about.

SoCal.... I wish i was as unintelligent as yourself, and have a low enoughs elf-esteem to stoop to your level, however I won't. I'm not from Buffalo, so don't categorize me in this gene pool. It is believed that when a person like yourself comes out and criticzes people for no apparent reason, your actual criticisms are your own weakest characteristics. Are you ashamed of your job, feel you are uglier than average. Somebody who is confident does not need to put down others and doesn't get easily agitated such as yourself. So in that respect I will treat you as if you are one of my 15year old students. 1st, I have been a part of this board since late 2000, i didn't feel the need, nor did I have the desire to respond or post topics until I became fed up with there play a couple years ago. 2nd, if you ask any lawyer his opinion on what transpired, most of the fault falls on Artest (a hothead) his entire career, Jackson, Jones, and Oneal. Artest is the moron who charged into the stands essentially tresspassing and assaulting the wrong dude. So lets put it this way, if you are at a sports game, and the idiot next to you throws a cup of beer at your away team, and a hothead player flys into the stands and hits you, how will you react??? I would defend myself and sue the stevestojan out of him. Secondly don't assume that Artest can take every American male because that is not the case with myself, nor many other people. I will stand by my viewpoint, and it will be shown to be true once the league hands out their judgements, Ben Wallace will be suspended for x# of games, and a small fine just for being the instigator, Artest will be heavily fined, sued, and suspended for x# of games, Jermaine O'neal will be less than Artest, but will be in trouble for sucker punching the fan. If a beer gets thrown on you, there is in no way you can plead self-defense by attacking the wrong dude, I'm sorry. What he did was wrong, plain and simple. He was in no physical danger, beer is not poisonous.

No hard feelings SoCal, but grow the F up

That is FUNNY

"Note: Hands down, funniest part of the night: That same guy was yelling and cheering and whatever else at Artest until the last second - so right as Artest gets up to his row and pulls his fist back, this guy's face goes from "When does Ben get to shoot his free throws" to "How soon can I get a load of laundry done... because I'm all out of clean underwear."

Thanks jwolf2

SoCal.... I wish i was as unintelligent as yourself, and have a low enoughs elf-esteem to stoop to your level, however I won't.  I'm not from Buffalo, so don't categorize me in this gene pool.  It is believed that when a person like yourself comes out and criticzes people for no apparent reason, your actual criticisms are your own weakest characteristics.  Are you ashamed of your job, feel you are uglier than average.  Somebody who is confident does not need to put down others and doesn't get easily agitated such as yourself.  So in that respect I will treat you as if you are one of my 15year old students.  1st, I have been a part of this board since late 2000, i didn't feel the need, nor did I have the desire to respond or post topics until I became fed up with there play a couple years ago. 2nd, if you ask any lawyer his opinion on what transpired, most of the fault falls on Artest (a hothead) his entire career, Jackson, Jones, and Oneal.  Artest is the moron who charged into the stands essentially tresspassing and assaulting the wrong dude.  So lets put it this way, if you are at a sports game, and the idiot next to you throws a cup of beer at your away team, and a hothead player flys into the stands and hits you,  how will you react???  I would defend myself and sue the stevestojan out of him.  Secondly don't assume that Artest can take every American male because that is not the case with myself, nor many other people.  I will stand by my viewpoint, and it will be shown to be true once the league hands out their judgements, Ben Wallace will be suspended for x# of games, and a small fine just for being the instigator, Artest will be heavily fined, sued, and suspended for x# of games, Jermaine O'neal will be less than Artest, but will be in trouble for sucker punching the fan.  If a beer gets thrown on you, there is in no way you can plead self-defense by attacking the wrong dude, I'm sorry.  What he did was wrong, plain and simple. He was in no physical danger, beer is not poisonous.

No hard feelings SoCal, but grow the F up

Well Wussy I guess you Dropped to my level HaHaHaHa. I'm not edumakated like you but I have been around the block. I love my job I honestly do. I'm I ugly no, good looking no. Aren't you the one that is criticzing the players? And I guess you are not putting me down.

Now lets get into this 15 year old thing. It sounds like you are the one that does not like his job. Over worked under paid? I thought so. Me I love my job. What are you teaching are kids today? That it is alright to throw things and NO the rent a cops are not going to stop people from throwing things. One in ten maybe. Now you are teaching them if you are wrong to go ahead and Sue Sue Sue Sue. You are a pig for that aloan. So what of the two retards that ran out on the floor. No I thought you would over look that. So the guy that got stomped said he was not apart of the problem. Hmm I think I would say the same thing to. Sorry officer I was not speeding. Yea right.

So what is not ok to throw in your classroom? Spit balls Oh yea your eyes. How about paper air planes ? Eyes again. Sneakers No Books no How about a beer. No we cann't have that at school. So what CAN WE THROW YOU F-ING MORON. WHAT? Please I think the parents of your students would love to know for the upcoming season.

Stop while you are a head. Go beat your ACLU card some where else.

Love SoCal.

PS Please don't sue me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PSS You know why the democratics have a donkey? Jackmule

126378[/snapback]

Thanks BF, You GIRLY BOYS are unbeleivable. Artest and company should have kicked the **** out of thoughs guys.

126251[/snapback]

Why does it not surprise me that anybody who spells "those" like you did believes violence is the answer? :lol:

Why does it not surprise me that anybody who spells "those" like you did believes violence is the answer? :lol:

126527[/snapback]

So now you are Mr English. Sorry I miss spelled something. Gee I guess it was That gene pool thing.