stussy109/silvernred/tgreg99

SoCal

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't Artest's job or responsibility to teach him the hard way. It was the security personel's job. He should have let them handle it.

So you are telling me that if you were in a bar with 100 cops and someone throws a beer on you from across the room you STILL charge across the room to "educate" the lad? :blink:

126234[/snapback]

Of course he wouldn't! Almost no one would! But since this is the internet and everyone's basically anonymous and can't be called out on any of this stuff, we have a bunch of people who talk like they're Rambo or Dirty Harry. And it's sad.

"Yeah, if that was me, I woulda beat dat punk up real good."

Yeah, sure. Now go back to surfing the internet all day. :lol:

And again I want to make it clear I am not trying to excuse the fans. They were awful and disgraceful. Especially the ones who charged the floor to carry on the brawl, that is sheer stupidity. But you cannot give a pass to the players in this case (any player, even Wallace). Everyone over reacted and things got out of control.

But if you step back and look at it you see THREE points where this incident could have been stopped:

1) Wallace SHOULDN'T HAVE pushed Artest for the hard foul. If he doesn't do that, there is no fight and the game ends.

2) The fan SHOULDN'T HAVE thrown the cup at Artest. That is just terrible. If he doesn't do that, Arests doesn't come into the stands and the game ends once the refs stop the fight.

3) Arests SHOULDN'T HAVE rushed into the stands. That was just dumb and reactionary. If Artest doesn't rush the stands, the guy who threw the cup would have been dealt with by security and no brawl would have ensued.

You cannot give a pass to ANYONE of these people in this incident. And any attempt to do so is either a case of being blinded by your team's colors or sheer stupidity. Take your pick.

What the hell do you think he's going to say?  "Yeah I did it and started a riot."

If you believe that you believe cows fly.

126239[/snapback]

Yes, because Ron Artest is an extremely credible human being. Based on the footage and what we know about Artest, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt over the fan who was attacked because *someone* threw a deadly cup of beer.

Of course he wouldn't!  Almost no one would!  But since this is the internet and everyone's basically anonymous and can't be called out on any of this stuff, we have a bunch of people who talk like they're Rambo or Dirty Harry.  And it's sad.

Yeah, sure.  Now go back to surfing the internet all day.  :lol:

126240[/snapback]

:blink:

Of course he wouldn't!  Almost no one would!  But since this is the internet and everyone's basically anonymous and can't be called out on any of this stuff, we have a bunch of people who talk like they're Rambo or Dirty Harry.  And it's sad.

Yeah, sure.  Now go back to surfing the internet all day.  :lol:

126240[/snapback]

I would be more then happy to discuss this in person.

Yes, because Ron Artest is an extremely credible human being.  Based on the footage and what we know about Artest, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt over the fan who was attacked because *someone* threw a deadly cup of beer.

126242[/snapback]

Like I said, if you believe that at face value you also believe cows fly.

You don't think that idiot sees a chance at millions of dollars? Come on.

War is sweet to those who have never expierenced it.

Greek Proverb

126245[/snapback]

I've been in plenty of fights. Yeah they are scary, that doesn't mean I still wouldn't have beaten the hell out of that guy like Artest did last night if provoked with a clear cut case of assault like he was.

I would be more then happy to discuss this in person.

126244[/snapback]

Yeah, exactly, because there's a real chance one or both of us is willing to take a trip from Texas or Indiana.

How lame are you? Challenging people on message boards to fights when you know they don't live anywhere near you? Good grief, is anyone impressed by this garbage?

Although, I guess if you were impressed by Ron Artest last night, then maybe......

1) Wallace SHOULDN'T HAVE pushed Artest for the hard foul. If he doesn't do that, there is no fight and the game ends.

2) The fan SHOULDN'T HAVE thrown the cup at Artest. That is just terrible. If he doesn't do that, Arests doesn't come into the stands and the game ends once the refs stop the fight.

126241[/snapback]

Well I agree with you on points one and two. Actually the foul on Wallace wasn't very hard at all, even the announcers said he should have just went and shot his damn free throws.

The Pistons and their fans are the ones to blame here.

Yeah, exactly, because there's a real chance one or both of us is willing to take a trip from Texas or Indiana.

How lame are you?  Challenging people on message boards to fights when you know they don't live anywhere near you?  Good grief, is anyone impressed by this garbage?

Although, I guess if you were impressed by Ron Artest last night, then maybe......

126248[/snapback]

I don't want to fight you, I said I would DISCUSS this in person with you.

Thanks BF, You GIRLY BOYS are unbeleivable. Artest and company should have kicked the **** out of thoughs guys.

To silvernred. I've had my share of a$$ kicking in my life. And I know who to F with and Whom not to. And I never said I was a tough guy. But guys that have to say they are, are usally not. Like you said " Everyones tough on the net". So it was wrong to throw things what would you have the players do. Grab your little pink umbrella and say please stop, your scaring me. Or wait for that fat guy in the yellow jacket who is wetting himself to help.

Yo tgreg99 You are wrong, I hate seeing posters that are being morons. You are just wasting time typing.

The problem is that there are to many ACLU card carriers out there. People have to start fighting for what is right and not for the wrong. One guy is going to ruin it for the rest of us. You have tens of thousands of people in the stands and a couple of guys start throwing things. So the few are ruling the many. The fans should have stopped at for any of the players got up there. But the players have every right to stop things from being thrown at them. First it is a cup. Then what? I saw a chair fly threw the air. Was it a player or fan? If it was only a cup this time what is next? To get your head kicked in, see Raiders vs steelers game or someone get stabbed see Chargers vs Raiders. The players are only protecting themselves.

You know the next time your kid is acting up, all you have to do is look in the mirror. They are just acting like the parent. So look in the MIRROR people. I just did and I saw some things I don't like too!

Thanks BF, You GIRLY BOYS are unbeleivable. Artest and company should have kicked the **** out of thoughs guys.

To silvernred. I've had my share of a$$ kicking in my life. And I know who to F with and Whom not to. And I never said I was a tough guy. But guys that have to say they are, are usally not. Like you said " Everyones tough on the net". So it was wrong to throw things what would you have the players do. Grab your little pink umbrella and say please stop, your scaring me. Or wait for that fat guy in the yellow jacket who is wetting himself to help.

Yo tgreg99 You are wrong, I hate seeing posters that are being morons. You are just wasting time typing.

The problem is that there are to many ACLU card carriers out there. People have to start fighting for what is right and not for the wrong. One guy is going to ruin it for the rest of us. You have tens of thousands of people in the stands and a couple of guys start throwing things. So the few are ruling the many. The fans should have stopped at for any of the players got up there. But the players have every right to stop things from being thrown at them. First it is a cup. Then what? I saw a chair fly threw the air. Was it a player or fan? If it was only a cup this time what is next? To get your head kicked in, see Raiders vs steelers game or someone get stabbed see Chargers vs Raiders. The players are only protecting themselves.

You know the next time your kid is acting up, all you have to do is look in the mirror. They are just acting like the parent. So look in the MIRROR people. I just did and I saw some things I don't like too!

126251[/snapback]

Well said.

That's beautiful and so true.

126197[/snapback]

We all know that if it had been 'Sheed Wallace going after Indiana fans who threw a beer on him, BF would be talking about what a thug he is and how the fans were just expressing their displeasure with 'Sheed's refusal to fight the guy who pushed him.

126251[/snapback]

Girly Boys? "Thoughs guys"? "Your scaring me"?

Step away from the keyboard.

If I was Artest, I would've gotten off the table, walked to center court (or off the court), and been content knowing that I have tens of millions of dollars more than the guy who threw beer at me and live a life that he could never imagine. Security would have handled it because it was only 1 beer thrown by 1 fan at that time. Things were not out of control until the players stormed the stands.

He got hit by 1 beer thrown by 1 fan and he started a riot because of it. If the man (Artest) had three working brain cells, he could've let it slide because it doesn't matter that much in the big scheme of things.