Brohm to start?

What's absolutely astounding is that there are actually some who DON'T want to see how Brohm looks! :w00t:

Give the guy a start, and lets see if there's any semblance of the former Heisman candidate...

I am sorry kind sir, but I did not give you permission to post in my thread! :D

At least you didnt beat ME up. :oops:

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more accurate subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Is that alright?

***Don't inactive players dress in street clothes or a warmup suit?

If so, then Brohm HAS been active, contrary to some here saying he has not been.

I saw #4 on the sidelines the other day...so he is definitely suiting up. He is just the emergency QB, so he can ONLY play if Trent and Fitz are done for the day, once Brohm goes in, they cannot go back in...

...which I am thinking may be a good thing from what I have seen behind center this year.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brohm never stood a chance, Josh Reed turned the locker room against him!
Do you blame Reed? The guy's been nothing but a cocky SOB since he's got here.
I thought it was common knowledge that Reed was a cancer in the locker room. Maybe it's all in my head, but that should never stop someone from posting it.
Unfortunately, with the bunch of morons on this board, this comment (Brohm sucks) will honestly be made by some knuckle dragging idiot next Sunday after Brohm plays one game behind a horrible O-line with and Offense that has been one of the worst in football for a decade. If the kid does not come in and suddenly transfer the offense info a re-incarnation of the K-gon, he will be labelled a bust and people will be calling for his head.

Yes, I believe that people would conclude that Brohm sucks after one bad outing and I also believe that many people on this board will now take it as common knowledge that Josh Reed is a divisive force in the locker room, even if it might have been a tongue-in-cheek discussion.

Sad part is, some people on this board WANT Brohm to start just so they can determine if we the Bills need to draft a QB in the upcoming draft.

They guy has been here 5 weeks(?), plucked from another teams practice squad, and people want to use the next TWO games to make a definitive answer on a project type player.

:oops:

You forgot to mention the part about playing behind the worst offensive line in football. A trained eye (much less one of us) would have a very hard time evaluating Brohm.

What I don't understand is why make this guy the highest paid QB on the roster and not give him any snaps with the regular offense in practice. I can see both sides of the argument on why you would or wouldn't put the guy in live action at this point of the year.

But why in the world wouldn't you give him real practice time? Are they afraid of hurting Ryan's and Trent's feelings?

GG! Thank you God for an intelligent take! If reports are true that Brohm is running the scout team and not really getting any reps in our offense, then WTF? From the moment they signed him, he should have been installed as the 2nd team quarterback and been given sufficient snaps to learn the offense. I mean really, what is the benefit of giving Trent any snaps at this point. Thank you, GG.

This post proves my point:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=103626

Incognito shows up on Wednesday, starts on Friday in between 2 guys he's never met, one of which is mediocre and the other is terrible. And simply because we did not run behind Incognito for 7 straight TD's, a bunch of boneheads are saying that he sucks.

Had we found a way to win that game, these same people would have wanted his name on the wall of fame.

Very True. If you've ever isolated on any O-lineman for a significant period of time, you'll see plenty of times where you think to yourself, "that guy sucks," regardless of how good he is. I doubt anyone who posts here can be trusted to evaluate any O-lineman. Especially in the context of playing with a team after 2 practices.

What looks like a defender walking around a blocker could be a case of the blocker thinking he had help on that side. According to all the scouting, Incognito is a decent football player. He's not a Pro Bowler, nor does he suck.

Sad part is, some people on this board WANT Brohm to start just so they can determine if we the Bills need to draft a QB in the upcoming draft.

They guy has been here 5 weeks(?), plucked from another teams practice squad, and people want to use the next TWO games to make a definitive answer on a project type player.

Thank you for bringing rationality to the conversation.

I think there are a lot of things that go on behind the scenes and would be reported on in nearly every other city except Buffalo. Or least in some of the major media markets. Is it just me, or is the Buffalo media extremely shielded when it comes to picking up some of that inside info?

Definitely. For instance, T.O. died last week and it wasn't even reported.

(Yards, Avg, TD, INTs)

Freeman : 1,412...6.2...9...14

Fitzpatrick: 1,267...6.3...6...10

Edwards: 1,169...6.4...6...7

It does not matter who plays for an abysmal football team. The three quarterbacks above all have 7 starts this season, by the way.

In all seriousness, I'm very excited about this but also, Brohm is being thrown to the wolves.

It's true....but now I am really looking forward to the game Sunday. At least the dome will provide ideal weather conditions. It'd be pretty cool if his first NFL TD goes to T.O.; he'll remember that forever.

and what if he struggles behind our sham of an o-line (just as Bledsoe, Losman, Edwards and Fitz have) ?

Does that mean he sucks ?

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't but I cannot imagine what an intelligent person could see out of him in 2 games without a real grasp on the gameplan (if we have one) that will tell you if he is any good or not.

If he happens to complete a pass or two and shows some "poise" there will be a large faction no this board annointing him as the next great one. If he struggles (which he most likely will) there will be a contingent on here claiming he is the second coming of Joe Dufek.

My point is that whatever he does over the last two games really has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not he will eventually be a good NFL QB. People need to relax and not make snap judgments.

That being said, if he completes 1 pass each to T.O. and Trent, I am ordering a Brohm jersey. Just kidding. Go Bills.

What happens if he throws for 300 yards twice? Then we hear the other faction prattle on about Atlanta's terrible pass defense and how Indy was really only playing their 9th string.

Where's the downside to playing Brohm here?

What happens if he throws for 300 yards twice? Then we hear the other faction prattle on about Atlanta's terrible pass defense and how Indy was really only playing their 9th string.

Where's the downside to playing Brohm here?

He gets hurt like Fitz and Trentative

Thurman said on WGR this morning give him 10 plays to throw with and run the ball all day with Fred and Marshawn.

Cant be an more boring than it is now..... or can it?

Guest dog14787
He gets hurt like Fitz and Trentative

Thurman said on WGR this morning give him 10 plays to throw with and run the ball all day with Fred and Marshawn.

Cant be an more boring than it is now..... or can it?

How about a big dose of Wild Cat with "Action Freddie Jackson", lol, we might have our QB problems solved and not even know it, guys a real good all around athlete, what if Freddie was the next Michael Vick. :oops:

Speaking of which, would Action Jackson be our number two QB? I mean if you think about it, Jackson might make more sense then Brohm who probably isn't ready to go behind our O-line.

We might kill him :w00t:

I'm really not sure what we could really see from him. With the current O Line situation he won't have much time and could get sacked a lot. As if our O Line is not having enough trouble, any defensive coordinator worth his weight in salt will put he "rookie treatment" on him. All out blitz until he can prove he can beat it. Not real sure what all this is going to tell us.

Guest dog14787
I'm really not sure what we could really see from him. With the current O Line situation he won't have much time and could get sacked a lot. As if our O Line is not having enough trouble, any defensive coordinator worth his weight in salt will put he "rookie treatment" on him. All out blitz until he can prove he can beat it. Not real sure what all this is going to tell us.

Its not going to tell us anything if Brohm performs poorly, but on the other hand If Brohm performs well it tells us allot.

As long as the game plan is properly designed with his inexperience in mind, the next week or two could give Brohm a chance to gain some valuable experience which he will need to battle for a start next season.

I'm excited...

You can't really hold the Bills fans / posters here accountable for their desire to throw a young QB into the fray to "see what he can do" as so many coaches have done the same thing over and over again, year after year in the NFL.

These coaches are supposed to be highly paid professionals, and yet have allowed so many inexperienced QB's to play in a sink or swim environment.

I've witnessed so many rookie QB's get thrown into the game before they are anywhere near ready, with inferior lines and schemes, and on bad teams. The coaches mentality is... they want the QB to win games for them, rather then just be a part of a team effort to win.