Official Game Day Thread

Nanker

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say this: as ****ty as this team is, it's nice to NOT see a punt on 4th and 8 with five minutes left. I don't miss Jauron, not at all.

Andhow !@#$ing pathetic is it,that as a fan the best you can say is "atleastthey went for it"

UGH.

What? Donaghy is trying to bring down the rest of the refs?? Yeah---the NBA hates the small markets so much they allowed a team to relocate to.... Oklahoma City!!!

And the NFL clearly favored those huge markets--Pittsburgh and Indy (!!)---- in their recent SB seasons.

Stupid, stupid point.

That's what he said--common knowledge was what he said actually. All the refs knew it and called games accordingly. He's got some credibility issues, of course, but he may be right. (On the credibility issues, they actually reported on several games where he called key fouls/ejections against his own bets, causing him to lose those bets, so the guy may actually not be so in-credible as some may make him out to be, but who knows.)

What does allowing a team to exist in a small market mean to this argument? Absolutely nothing when you have all the big market's covered (by definition, there are only so many of them). After all, your Globetrotters need the Generals to beat repeatedly, don't they? Look who's won the last few NBA titles and Donaghy doesn't look so stupid actually--particularly considering which teams seem to have vouchsafes into the playoffs (kind of like baseball, but there's an economic answer there since they don't have a salary cap).

Good luck rooting for your real favorite team in the post-season--I predict one and done for the Cheats* this year myself as they aren't anywhere near as good as in past years, but we'll see......