Is O-line fixed and ready for next year already?

Chuckknox

Some folks just don't get sarcasm...

I watched Bell get juked out of his jock by the lamest head/shoulder fake I have seen in years - pathetic. The KC end faked outside and Bell swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. He lumbered 3 steps to the outside and left a 5-yard wide hole clean to Fitzpatrick for a sack.

I have yet to see what management and the coaching staff sees in this kid - he is raw, lacks balance, and is slow on his feet.

Injuries and inexperience give this years O-Line an incomplete Grade at best...There is still PLENTY of work to be done, especially at OT...But if The Bills can land a couple more Players like Woody and Levitre at OT, they will be much closer to a Passing Grade...At least I guess they will... :lol:

The only problem with that, if they Bills spend a couple of top picks on OL again, they still won't have anyone that can get the receivers the ball. Alot of holes on this team, so most likely still a few years away from competing. Lets just hope the FO (hopefully it is new FO too), does it right and when the team finally does get fixed it stays that way for awhile.

Guest dog14787
I don't want to speak for dog, but I'll wager he'll respond with a few of these:

Kept Dickhead Juron as HC

Shipped JP and JP out of town

****-canned the OC during the Home Opener pre-game warmup

"Addressed" the OL problems like this - "Hello, O Line! My, you're looking mighty fine to me!"

Drafted Error Maybe with our #1 pick in the Draft.

Other than that, I think the FO's been running like a Swiss watch - yes, a finely tuned machine, and they put a juggernaut on the field for all the world to see. It's been a pleasure to behold. Wouldn't you agree?

Thanks Nanker, what he said,

I watched Bell get juked out of his jock by the lamest head/shoulder fake I have seen in years - pathetic. The KC end faked outside and Bell swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. He lumbered 3 steps to the outside and left a 5-yard wide hole clean to Fitzpatrick for a sack.

I have yet to see what management and the coaching staff sees in this kid - he is raw, lacks balance, and is slow on his feet.

If you are serious about this, then I am guilty of not getting it either.

Bell was put on IR on Friday. The guy starting at LT was J. Scott.

Good point, we look great at OT! We can count on Butler to be healthy and rely strongly on him, and his experience at RT. Bell is on the cusp of being a superstar, if he's not already there. He is huge, strong, smart and disciplined. He wll probably play at the level of Orlando Pace in his prime, if not much better.

I've heard of rose-colored glasses before, but sheesh!!! I had to read that twice to make sure I wasn't missing sarcasm.

For a second there I thought you were talking about Eddie Robinson!

Russ Brandon was acting GM and also took part in the demise of the team this year. I would hardly think it should be fair for Ralph to clean house and not kick Brandon to the curb along with everyone else.

Yeah, we really need to get rid of the marketing guy!!!!! Just like we needed to fire Wade Phillip's special team's coach way back when...lets fire the ticket takers too!!! Lets do whatever the short-sighted fans want, that'll make the team better quick....its worked so well the past decade. Fans are there to collect money from and sit in seats clapping their hands like they are trained to do.

Butler at RT, Incognito at RG, Wood at C, Simmons at LG, Levitre at LT may not be a bad line. Three of them Butler, Cogs, and Simmons have 5+ years experience each which is a lot better than what started this year. Butler, Cogs and Wood all have attitude.

Hangman, Scott, Meredith, and Bell are okay backups and god knows we need a lot of back-ups on the oline.

Sign a good free agent run stopping DT to replace McCargo

Sign Mike Vick.

Rd 1 McClain LB Alabama

Rd 2 Danario Alexander WR, Missouri to replace TO.

Was with you till the sign Vick line. First off, he is under contract next year, so would have to trade for him. 2nd, his time away took away what little skill he had at reading defenses and hes not the same guy who lead the Falcons to the playoffs I don't think. Third, why would you want to bring someone like him onto a team, especially one that is trying to have a decent image.

Agree with everything else but the 2nd round selection, should bring some high round linemen in for both side in next couple of rounds, to strengthen overall line play I think. Hopefully a DT with some size to spell Stroud, and eventually take his place, or play next to him.

I don't understand the hate for Brandon. He is a marketing & business man, a very good one I might add. If the Bills can get someone as good to run the football side, the team will be on the road to recovery. I also am happy that Buddy Nix is back with the Bills, so I don't want to see him fired either.

In league circles Brandon is considered a hot commodity..........on the marketing side. He is a good marketing man and the Bills need one to survive. He just shouldn't be on the football side. They thought they could do it by committee, turned out to be wrong. Hopefully they will bring in someone who get develop a good system on the football side.

Last time I looked Brad Butler was only 26. This was his third year with the team. Bell is 25 and Meredith is 23. Not a big difference.

As for Scott, he plain sucks. The guy couldn't make Detroit's roster.

I realized that about Butler soon after when I was thinking about the past few drafts.

In league circles Brandon is considered a hot commodity..........on the marketing side. He is a good marketing man and the Bills need one to survive. He just shouldn't be on the football side. They thought they could do it by committee, turned out to be wrong. Hopefully they will bring in someone who get develop a good system on the football side.

And my hunch is that he's probably realized that. He was never intended to make football decisions but rather act as ex-officio head of the decision-making-by-committee approach the bills FO used this year.

It dawned on him that the organization needs one football mind who calls all the football decision in the FO.

As long as, Brandon has Ralph's ear, I don't see Brandon having any issue with a grand football puba running the football decision-making

We have two good interior linemen, one of whom is recovering from a very serious injury. We might have some pretty good backups in the interior line. We have NOTHING at either tackle. We have to address this before we start going anywhere. I think we need a tight end, but I think we can do that through free agency (Scaife, Faisano or some other free agent.) That first drive against New England (minus the flag) should tell the story. A great running game eats time and keeps the other offense off the field. We already have the backs to do this...we just need a great offensive line. This year is the year for lineman on both sides of the ball and an outside linebacker or two.

Not bad if they are healthy. That was a fast move by the Bills front office to address a need. VERY impressive, so they do work in the front office. I wonder who pulled the trigger on these moves. They look like very good moves.

The O-Line is fixed like a neutered dog.

We have two good interior linemen, one of whom is recovering from a very serious injury. We might have some pretty good backups in the interior line. We have NOTHING at either tackle. We have to address this before we start going anywhere. I think we need a tight end, but I think we can do that through free agency (Scaife, Faisano or some other free agent.) That first drive against New England (minus the flag) should tell the story. A great running game eats time and keeps the other offense off the field. We already have the backs to do this...we just need a great offensive line. This year is the year for lineman on both sides of the ball and an outside linebacker or two.

brad butler can play RT; i'd say we use our 1st rd pick on Okung if he's available to play LT.