Loony left vs. Loonier left

Magox

So the "Progressives" want the public option or the expansion of medicare and the W.H wants ANY Bill to pass.

Link

Trying to stave off a sudden fusillade from the left, White House senior adviser David Axelrod said Thursday that Howard Dean's criticisms of health-care reform are "predicated on a bunch of erroneous conclusions" and that for progressives to torpedo the legislation "would be a tragic, tragic outcome."

“To defeat a bill that will bend the curve on this inexorable rise in health-care costs is insane,” Axelrod said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” "I don’t think that you want this moment to pass. It will not come back."

Axelrod called in from the West Wing as the White House mobilized Thursday morning in the face of a surprising and potentially fatal chorus of opposition from the left.

In the most vivid indication of the crisis facing White House messengers, MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann told viewers Wednesday night that the Senate version has become “unsupportable … a hollow shell of a bill.”

Peggy Noonan, the columnist and former Reagan speechwriter, told Axelrod: “On the issue of health care, you are losing the left, you are losing the right, you are losing the center. That looks to me like a political disaster.”

and they say that the conservatives are the one's with inhouse fighting issues :unsure:

So the "Progressives" want the public option or the expansion of medicare and the W.H wants ANY Bill to pass.

Link

and they say that the conservatives are the one's with inhouse fighting issues :flirt:

Get the popcorn ready, this should be good. :unsure:

The most interesting part of this interview with Axelrod is the following comment:

“When you describe what’s in the bill, there’s strong support for it,” Axelrod replied.

Newflash, Axelrod. You have made attempt after attempt to describe what is going to be in your final bill. You've had prime time news conferences, joint session speeches, your own four-hour "A Very Special Obamacare Special" on ABC, meeting after meeting after meeting after meeting with every person you can buy off with a vote, and now you're telling us that people like Howard Dean would be more supportive if only they understood what's in the bill?

Maybe another joint sessions speech is what's needed. Or another prime time speech to the nation. Or maybe a new spending bill. That always makes people feel warm and fuzzy about entitlements.

Noonan sounds right. Disaster. When this is done, they're going to pass a bill that probably taxes people earning a quarter million to pick up the tab for the handful of people who don't have coverage, and claim victory.

It gets better.

Olbermann, host of MSNBC’s “Countdown,” wrote in a post on the Daily Kos that he agrees with former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean, who has told numerous media outlets that because the bill provides too many concessions and does not constitute real reform, Democrats should “kill the bill.”

“There could not be a finer line between the words compromise and compromised and tonight, with the greatest possible reluctance, I believe I have to go on the air and state my opinion that the Senate bill in its current form has clearly crossed that line and, as currently constituted, cannot be passed,” Olbermann wrote.

“We have all watched this bill shrink from limited but encouraging reform, to its current status as - in Dr. Dean's frank assessment from last night – ‘a bailout for the insurance industry.’ Surely the ratio of benefits to us, and benefits to our insurance overlords has shrunk to less than 1:1,” he continued. “Enough.”

I thought Obama was on the Pinko end of the leftist spectrum...

Politicians on the Pinko end of the leftist spectrum who are facing plummeting polls, high unemployment, staggering debt, and an increase in troops to war don't get re-elected without doing some knob-bobbing away from his far left friends. He can't win on them alone, and while he's a tool on most every facet of his presidency, getting elected is his bread and butter.

Politicians on the Pinko end of the leftist spectrum who are facing plummeting polls, high unemployment, staggering debt, and an increase in troops to war don't get re-elected without doing some knob-bobbing away from his far left friends. He can't win on them alone, and while he's a tool on most every facet of his presidency, getting elected is his bread and butter.

The only people who ever thought Obama was liberal were conservatives who only paid attention to their own talking heads.

If you want to fault him for anything, fault him for being a side-stepping moderate governing in a time longing for drastic measures.

The only people who ever thought Obama was liberal were conservatives who only paid attention to their own talking heads.

If you want to fault him for anything, fault him for being a side-stepping moderate governing in a time longing for drastic measures.

CQ Weekly, a nonpartisan publication, characterized him as a "loyal Democrat" based on analysis of all Senate votes in 2005–2007. The National Journal ranked him as the "most liberal" senator based on an assessment of selected votes during 2007;

there goes that argument :unsure:

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Look, Maggot's favorite source.

So you are sourcing Ezra Klein's opinion to prove that BO isn't liberal. :flirt:

That is so funny on so many levels I don't know where to begin.

First off, Ezra Klein has got to be one of the most liberal bloggers for the Washington Post. Second, this comes from a guy who just accused Joe Lieberman of supporting the extermination of hundreds of thousand of people in the U.S for not supporting the Public Option.

You make it too easy Big C. and I'm glad to know that I get under your skin. :unsure:

So you are sourcing Ezra Klein's opinion to prove that BO isn't liberal. :lol:

That is so funny on so many levels I don't know where to begin.

First off, Ezra Klein has got to be one of the most liberal bloggers for the Washington Post. Second, this comes from a guy who just accused Joe Lieberman of supporting the extermination of hundreds of thousand of people in the U.S for not supporting the Public Option.

You make it too easy Big C. and I'm glad to know that I get under your skin. :flirt:

Under my skin? :unsure: Do you take this board personally?

But guess what sweet cheeks, the only one's crying LIBERAL! (since he's taken office) are pissed off righties.

Are you saying that a moderate is just a liberal who doesn't follow his own beliefs?

:unsure:

I believe that to be true for most moderates, regardless of which side of center they fall on.

When re-election is the true name of the game (and let's not kid ourselves), the path of least resistant is most sensible.