Bruce Allen to be named Redskins G.M.

zow2

I thought this deserved it's own thread, not buried in the Cerrato thread. All kinds of "inside sources" in DC are saying that Gruden showed up for MNF week (Giants @ Redskins) two days earlier than Jaws and Tirico. This is very abnormal for that crew. Cerrato resigns this morning. Allen and Gruden are a very good match. The ESPN contract Gruden signed has an "out". It's widely reported that Bruce Allen will be named G.M. Snyder is in love w/ Gruden and has been for a few years. He will make it happen.

I thought this deserved it's own thread, not buried in the Cerrato thread. All kinds of "inside sources" in DC are saying that Gruden showed up for MNF week (Giants @ Redskins) two days earlier than Jaws and Tirico. This is very abnormal for that crew. Cerrato resigns this morning. Allen and Gruden are a very good match. The ESPN contract Gruden signed has an "out". It's widely reported that Bruce Allen will be named G.M. Snyder is in love w/ Gruden and has been for a few years. He will make it happen.

Got a link?

Otherwise...yawn.

EDIT: Found it!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...ng-bruce-allen/

Nice scoop, Zow :unsure:

Your post was not buried and you should not post without something to back it up. Could be true but it is your speculation but your title implies it is happening.

Lol, like you're worried that a post on a message board doesn't have credible links? there's a million of fact-less based posts on here everyday.

Anyway- i'm listening to a live radio broadcast and they are interviewing Charlie Casserly about it. Bruce Allen will be Executive VP and GM.

Lol, like you're worried that a post on a message board doesn't have credible links? there's a million of fact-less based posts on here everyday.

Anyway- i'm listening to a live radio broadcast and they are interviewing Charlie Casserly about it. Bruce Allen will be Executive VP and GM.

Wasn't worried. Just wanted more info like in your later post, that's all.

Gruden isn't exactly a good guy to fix the offense.

Well, he fixed the Bucs offense enough to win the Super Bowl. Granted it was a short term fix, but that was all that could be done because of the salary cap & lack of high draft picks over a LONG period of time that were given up to acquire Keyshawn Johnson & Gruden.

Due to the cap & the age of the team, the Bucs had a limited window of opportunity to get to the Super Bowl & win it & Gruden & Allen were able to pull it off.

I just want to know what the hell are the Bills doing? Allen to D.C and Holmgren to Cleveland! Damn I cant believe the Bills did not contact either of them for the GM position!

Maybe you missed it. Holmgren was contacted by the Bills and declined. Not sure about Allen.

PTR