Who misses McKelvin?

JÂy RÛßeÒ

...the reason is because nomatter who they draft OL, TE, WR, DT, etc etc they suck period......talent elavuation and or coaching is a serious issue with this football team.

This is really the entire issue and why nothing else matters if they don't hire a real GM who knows what he is doing. Let's review the high draft picks in recent history by position:

No QB: They miss out on their target so they trade back into the 1st round to take a guy from Tulane who was mediocre in college.

OL sucks: Completely miss on evaluating MW. Too soon to tell on Wood/Levitre.

DL sucks: Trade back into the first round to pick a guy who was the third best D-lineman on his college team! :unsure: Then a few years later take a one-year wonder who isn't anywhere near big enough to play the position when run defense is your biggest problem.

WRs: Draft two WRs that are 5' 10" or shorter. One of whom can't play WR.

RB/DB: Servicable guys but no stars, certainly not impact players like you'd expect from a top 15 pick.

I hate to say it, but the Bills are the new Jets of the NFL draft.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding FA offensive lineman, your point is kind of misplaced. The team had Jason Peters at LT, why would they be looking to draft another one? Unless, of course, you're going to contend that they already knew he'd be a holdout and need to be traded, which I cannot believe is true.

well, then, your belief is wrong

Brandon told Peters in january before the draft, he would not get a new contract.

Peters promptly disappeared.

Brandon is either stupid or arrogant to think that hardball tactics with Peters would not turn out badly.

Any savvy GM would have gotten some leverage (another option at LT) to play hardball. Instead the Bills pass on 2 stud OTs Albert and Clady, and take a situational DB who still has not made an impact at CB after 2 years.

This year Brandon compounds the madness by going into the season with an injured 7th round scrub who has never played a down as his only LT.

It looks more like he was purposely trying to sabotage the team, than trying to build a contender

Our secondary is great without McKelvin - so why exactly do we need him? McGee, Florence, McKelvin, Corner, Whitner, Scott, Wilson, and Byrd. How many DBs can a team even keep on the roster? You could count Youboty too if you really wanted to stay cheap. Either Whitner or McKelvin should/could be removed from that list. Corner IMO is the worst but when factoring in $$$ it has to be one of those two I mentioned.

Brandon told Peters in january before the draft, he would not get a new contract.

Brandon is either stupid or arrogant to think that hardball tactics with Peters would not turn out badly.

Any savvy GM would have gotten some leverage (another option at LT) to play hardball. Instead the Bills pass on 2 stud OTs Albert and Clady, and take a situational DB who still has not made an impact at CB after 2 years.

This year Brandon compounds the madness by going into the season with an injured 7th round scrub who has never played a down as his only LT.

It looks more like he was purposely trying to sabotage the team, than trying to build a contender

Spartacus for GM

Very interesting considering that we're talking about the 2007 draft, the season before Peters went to his first pro bowl and 2 seasons before he held out.

So it's actually your belief that is wrong.

McKelvin and Parrish's fumbles aren't even what piss me off. What STILL gets me ticked off when I think about it, though, are the way that BOTH of them behaved when questioned about their retarded decisions. They not only did not apologize for their stupidity but DEFENDED their actions by basically saying "That's just me, that's how I play, I play to win", some of the most infuriating (not to mention backwater STUPID) grandstanding I have ever heard.

Fewell keeps losing points in my book, too, in his "bid" to steal the HC job, every time he puts that assmunch Parrish out there to return kicks. The guy deserved to be fired weeks ago.