Name a CD

ieatcrayonz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great band and awesome dudes.

They seem really chill and totally about the music. They continue to make their music on a smaller label even though bigger labels keep calling them. It tells a lot about who they are that they won't sell out and that they are getting really popular despite the fact they are on an indie label. Have you actually met them? I saw them live at the Welmont in Montclair a week or two ago. They even played a new song off the album they are about to start recording. As I said in a previous post they were great live.

They seem really chill and totally about the music. They continue to make their music on a smaller label even though bigger labels keep calling them. It tells a lot about who they are that they won't sell out and that they are getting really popular despite the fact they are on an indie label. Have you actually met them? I saw them live at the Welmont in Montclair a week or two ago. They even played a new song off the album they are about to start recording. As I said in a previous post they were great live.

I was trading e-mails and phone calls with them maybe 3 or so years ago when I was trying to trade shows with this band I was helping out. Of course before we could get down to jersey my band broke up and Gaslight immediately became famous. But they still invite us out to their gigs--most recently just this past October. Of all the musicians I've had to deal with over the years (I used to book shows and run band interviews for my college radio station), both local and national, they were like top 3 in just being solid decent dudes.

adding two more, both by The Drive By Truckers

"Brighter Than Creation's Dark," which is one of the strongest albums put out in the latter half of this decade

and

"Decoration Day," which i just picked up, but came out in 2003.

and of course there's a 'Mats connection. Peter Jesperson, the guy who discovered and gave The Replacements their start now has a hand in the DBT's. boy, howdy.

jw

Only the Jason Isbell stuff on "Decoration Day."

"Outfit" and the title song are the cream of the crop there. The rest of it is mediocre at best, let's not kid ourselves.