Lee Evans

San-O

Guest dog14787
It may be best to start cleaning house and take all kind of cap hits this coming year, why not start with

Evans.

He is getting $ 9 + Mil. / year?

With proper O-line protection and a QB that can get him the ball Lee Evans can be on of the top WR's in the NFL in my opinion.

It may be best to start cleaning house and take all kind of cap hits this coming year, why not start with

Evans.

He is getting $ 9 + Mil. / year?

Evans is pretty damn good. If we can get a QB that can through farther than 10 yards and a line that lets him drop back set his feet and through it cleanly Lee is very dangerous. Remember all the big catch he had when JP just heaved the Ball down field? Im not a salary cap guru but after releasing Langston and Dockery will we have a cap problem? If so we start with Whitner with the #8 pick he has to be making bank.

Why the hell would we cut Evans? He is a very good player.

Overpaid. Not a # 1 receiver. Disappears all the time. Rarely gets open.

The new G.M. is going to clean house, why not start with under-producing overpaid players.

Nothing new.

The new G.M. is going to clean house, why not start with under-producing overpaid players.

Nothing new.

?? The QB is HORRIBLE - inaccurate with a subaverage arm and persistently bad mechanics. (Having said that, he's actually a good backup because of moxie, decent athleticism, and innate intelligence, but he should not be a starting QB in the NFL.) I mean, here's a game against one of the worst teams in the league, and at the end of it I'm thinking, wow, TO was by far and away their biggest receiving presence today. And what did he have - 2 catches for 15 yards? It's a joke.

Nothing new.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Evans has the best double move of any WR in the NFL. He is open many times a game, but he is either under thrown or not thrown to at all. In fact, Fitzpatrick missed Evans for an easy TD today.

Guest dog14787
Evans is pretty damn good. If we can get a QB that can through farther than 10 yards and a line that lets him drop back set his feet and through it cleanly Lee is very dangerous. Remember all the big catch he had when JP just heaved the Ball down field? Im not a salary cap guru but after releasing Langston and Dockery will we have a cap problem? If so we start with Whitner with the #8 pick he has to be making bank.

I was just about to bring up the Losman to Evans deep ball connection myself, it was like JP could lay it up into the clouds almost and when it rainbowed back down out of the sky there would be Lee Evans like magic.

Awww man, it was a thing of beauty...

I was just about to bring up the Losman to Evans deep ball connection myself, it was like JP could lay it up into the clouds almost and when it rainbowed back down out of the sky there would be Lee Evans like magic.

Agreed. Could you imagine Evans on a team with an actual franchise QB? The guy would have 1300 yards receiving every year.

Also, the new GM might want to consider cutting stroud. He is making $9 million a year, and is clearly near the end of his career. Schobel might be cut as well.

Yes it was unfortunate that JP threw one of the prettiest long balls in the league and was horrible at all other aspects of the position.

Evans is an extraordinary talent who's played with no good QB. His contract is actually quite manageable.

I don't think you can pay a guy $ 9 - 10 Mil/year to catch 40 balls.

Understand the lack of talent at QB and the bad O-line, but those things take to time correct and develop, all the while

that money could be used elsewhere. Also, by the time Buffalo gets a QB/O-line working, Evans will be lining up for the next contract.

However, I respect the opinion of my fellow posters, and perhaps I didn't think this one through.

:thumbsup:

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Evans has the best double move of any WR in the NFL. He is open many times a game, but he is either under thrown or not thrown to at all. In fact, Fitzpatrick missed Evans for an easy TD today.

I agree with you about Evans. I'd love to see him play on a competent Bills offense. While I still think he has a good double move, the DBs don't bite on it so much without him getting as many passes as he used to. Also, there's no way I can say Evans has better double moves than DeSean Jackson who has torched oponents with his all year.