So the tune on Moulds is changing?

BF_in_Indiana

A month ago or so when we started 0-4 I suggested getting rid of Moulds for monetary reasons next year. I don't think one person agreed with me at the time and I could totally understand their thinking as well, but now that he's made these comments and is still set to make 8.5 million (this is still the key) next year are a lot of you starting to agree that he needs to be traded before next year?

A month ago or so when we started 0-4 I suggested getting rid of Moulds for monetary reasons next year.  I don't think one person agreed with me at the time and I could totally understand their thinking as well, but now that he's made these comments and is still set to make 8.5 million (this is still the key) next year are a lot of you starting to agree that he needs to be traded before next year?

124544[/snapback]

Henry and Moulds should have been traded. If we had offered Moulds to Seattle for a 1st and 3rd Holmgren would have jumped.

Not from me it isnt. The guy made a great statement on what it means to him to be Bill, about the Uniform being bigger than the name on it and so on, and now he is the enemy? WTF ? Some of you have lost your frigging minds.

124572[/snapback]

Tdog the right thing to do is trade him.

Not from me it isnt. The guy made a great statement on what it means to him to be Bill, about the Uniform being bigger than the name on it and so on, and now he is the enemy? WTF ? Some of you have lost your frigging minds.

124572[/snapback]

Moulds sucks. He should be traded. Same with Henry. Get with the program here, T.

Tdog the right thing to do is trade him.

124576[/snapback]

Yeah the guy that personifies Bills football. The guy that resigned here at a reduced less than market value. A guy that is very tight with McGahee. They are always hanging out with on another. If EM wants to go send him if he wants to be here he'll have to take a paycut but by no means should he be shipped out of here. Evans isn't even a consistant number two receiver yet. Give EM a season with JP....JP needs a veteran. Do you think that Big Ben would be doing so well W/O Ward and Plax?

Yeah the guy that personifies Bills football. The guy that resigned here at a reduced less than market value. A guy that is very tight with McGahee. They are always hanging out with on another. If EM wants to go send him if he wants to be here he'll have to take a paycut but by no means should he be shipped out of here. Evans isn't even a consistant number two receiver yet. Give EM a season with JP....JP needs a veteran. Do you think that Big Ben would be doing so well W/O Ward and Plax?

124583[/snapback]

Yes, Roethlisberger would do well without Hines Ward and/or Plaxico Burress, because he's great. Not as great as Tom Brady, mind you, but great.

124583[/snapback]

Dude Evans is every bit as talented and hardworking as the two you listed. Moulds knows he is in for a rebuild and is sick of it.

4 HC's, Crappy losing seasons, 15 different QB's....time to move on for HIS Sake and I don't blame him.

The season's not over with,

See what happens over the next 7 games first.

124556[/snapback]

We have an idea:

4 road games: 0-4

3 home games: Rams L, Browns ?, Pitt L

1-6

124572[/snapback]

I don't want to see Moulds leave, but that statement he made about being a Bill has been way over-rated IMO.

I appreciate what he said, but the glory years of the 90's are long, long over. Not only are those players gone, but it seems that TD has done everything to distance this team from that era, from changing the uniforms all the way down. I doubt that anyone in the locker room could relate to what Moulds was saying, & that's a damn shame.

We are really lumbing the depths of desperation with talk of trading Eric Moulds. He is a Buffalo Bill and should retire as one. He is the only link on the playing staff to an era where we knew how to win.

I for one wold not like to see him go. He is the strength of our WR corps - losing him means less chance for Evans to succeed when he's single covered cos EM is doubled... What are the strength of our O right now?? A formiddable rushing attack and quality starting receivers. Lose one or both of those and our O is a bunch of hoods in football uniforms.

We may have problems at QB, OL and TE - why make troubles worse by giving EM away before his time??

Trade Moulds for who(m)? sp.....

You want Tommy D Whitey to make ANOTHER trade? Yuck, let's take it easy in the trade department.

1. Moulds is a consummate professional.

2. Yeah, Brewster Drewster is throwing to #80 exclusively it seems, but Moulds is one of the more productive receivers.

3. He's very beneficial to the growth of Lee Evans.

4. You want to put JP in there with Moulds not on the field? JP's gonna be looking around in a daze.....Bobbah, where's Bobbah Shaw.....? Errrrrr.....Habibi Haddadii, get open man..... uh Mark Campbell....that's the ticket. Josh Dropsies Reed.......

Moulds's contract isn't up after this season........right?

Guest BillsRebound

Moulds knows how to use the media to make a point. I believe the point he is trying to make without coming out and saying it is that Bledsoe needs to go. The players have to realize it at this point. You don't think that watching Drew play like a sheepish scrub against New England once again had anything to do with the defense's uninspired effort? In today's NFL, inspiring one's teammates may be the #1 desired quality out of your QB. Drew is unquestionably #32 out of #32 on that list.

I have absolutely no problem with the comments Eric made, in fact I feel the same way he does. I'm tired of watching this team lose, and I'm sure he's tired of losing.

That being said, with the comments and the monetary concerns next year (8.5 million) why wouldn't you look into the possibility of trading him while we can still get value for him?

Henry and Moulds should have been traded. If we had offered Moulds to Seattle for a 1st and 3rd Holmgren would have jumped.

124554[/snapback]

Seattle can't afford Moulds' salary.

They aren't even going to be able to sign thier own players as it is.

A month ago or so when we started 0-4 I suggested getting rid of Moulds for monetary reasons next year.  I don't think one person agreed with me at the time and I could totally understand their thinking as well, but now that he's made these comments and is still set to make 8.5 million (this is still the key) next year are a lot of you starting to agree that he needs to be traded before next year?

124544[/snapback]

excellent idea. let's get rid of all the competent players on the team, keep the cheap young ones who are weak to middling, and start over because it's so damn fun to obsess over high draft picks.

to reiterate something no one here seems to understand -- the cap is not an issue at all with this team as it currently stands, so the fact that x player makes y millions is completely irrelevant.

excellent idea. let's get rid of all the competent players on the team, keep the cheap young ones who are weak to middling, and start over because it's so damn fun to obsess over high draft picks.

to reiterate something no one here seems to understand -- the cap is not an issue at all with this team as it currently stands, so the fact that x player makes y millions is completely irrelevant.

124796[/snapback]

With the 8.5 million we could save on Moulds who is over 30 years old we could get 2 starters. This sort of thinking got New England to the top of the mountain.