T Rob Pettiti

Guest dog14787
this guy sucked for dallas a few years ago.

Dallas's definition of suck and ours are probably two different things.

I'm glad Buffalo has enough common sense to start looking now for help on the O-line. :censored:

this guy sucked for dallas a few years ago.

starting 16 games as a rookie, 2nd player in franchise history to do so, sux? Dude was a top ten prospect out of Pitt in the '05 draft until an injury plagued senior season sunk him into the 6th round. His college career was likened to none other than Ruben Brown. A torn achilles in the '07 offseason sent him packing, spent most of '08 rehabbing then dominated the UFL (not saying much). I'm all for giving this guy a shot...can't be any worse than, well you know the rest! :censored:

starting 16 games as a rookie, 2nd player in franchise history to do so, sux? Dude was a top ten prospect out of Pitt in the '05 draft until an injury plagued senior season sunk him into the 6th round. His college career was likened to none other than Ruben Brown. A torn achilles in the '07 offseason sent him packing, spent most of '08 rehabbing then dominated the UFL (not saying much). I'm all for giving this guy a shot...can't be any worse than, well you know the rest! :censored:

i specifically remember a dallas fan on a message board i frequented always ripping on the guy relentlessly.

According to the reports, he did ok in Dallas until Flozell went down with an injury, and after that Petitti just got abused. Next training camp, with new coaching staff, he lost out and then got hurt.

i specifically remember a dallas fan on a message board i frequented always ripping on the guy relentlessly.

It takes at least 3 years for a lineman to develop. Ripping on a rookie lineman is like ripping on Demetrius Bell. It does nobody any good as the man needs time to learn. It is rare when an OL man does not need time to develop. Give them time and then rip them if they don't perform but it is not fair to rip on them until they have had at least three years in their first system. Bell has had two, give him a another year to develop and then take the gloves off in the 4th year. Sounds like this guy played one year, injured one, rehabbed one and then went to the USFL. Give them training and time is all you can do.

It takes at least 3 years for a lineman to develop.

Bull feathers!!! It might take some of them that long for the light to go on, but the likes of Wood, Levitre, Mangold, Oher, Pace, yes..Ruben Brown, Will Wolford, Jake Long, Jason Fabini, Bryant McKinney, Damien Woody,.... yada yada yada... were plugged right in from the get go. Lineman that take 3 years to become a competent starter, more often than not, end up being marginal because that's exactly what they are, and end up usually as journeyman like Ross Tucker, Seth McKinney, Tuten Reyes, Duke Preston, etc.