play brohm now

Guest dog14787

If the O-line was performing better I would say toward the end of the season after Brohm has had time to get up to speed with the offense possibly give him a start. Unfortunately the Bills probably have the worse O-line in the league and I don't see much of a chance for improvement so it would not give a very good indication of how well Brohm can play in my opinion. No more so then we have any indication of how well Fitzpatrick can play up to this point behind our horrid O-line.

Why play Brohm, just so he can get labeled non starting material, now that makes as much sense as saying Fitz is a career backup because of his performance behind this O-line. Anyone who thinks differently probably needs to learn the game of football a little better. If you can't pass protect or run block, you will not succeed in this league.

brohm has a $2 mil salary this year.

fitzpatrick makes $932K

edwards makes $624K

let's see if brohm is twice to four times as good as fitzpatrick or edwards.

I'd prefer we play Bach, Brohm puts me to sleep.

If the O-line was performing better I would say toward the end of the season after Brohm has had time to get up to speed with the offense possibly give him a start. Unfortunately the Bills probably have the worse O-line in the league and I don't see much of a chance for improvement so it would not give a very good indication of how well Brohm can play in my opinion. No more so then we have any indication of how well Fitzpatrick can play up to this point behind our horrid O-line.

Why play Brohm, just so he can get labeled non starting material, now that makes as much sense as saying Fitz is a career backup because of his performance behind this O-line. Anyone who thinks differently probably needs to learn the game of football a little better. If you can't pass protect or run block, you will not succeed in this league.

Fitz IS a career backup. Brohm is a 3rd string/practice team QB. These facts are not debatable. It doesn't matter if Edwards, Brohm or Fitzpatrick plays for the rest of the year. They'd only be auditioning themselves for backup QB jobs in Buffalo and around the league. So how does that help the Bills? Is a new GM going to build the team around the guy who proves himself to be the next Alex Van Pelt or Frank Reich? I sincerely doubt it.

Fitz IS a career backup. Brohm is a 3rd string/practice team QB. These facts are not debatable. It doesn't matter if Edwards, Brohm or Fitzpatrick plays for the rest of the year. They'd only be auditioning themselves for backup QB jobs in Buffalo and around the league. So how does that help the Bills? Is a new GM going to build the team around the guy who proves himself to be the next Alex Van Pelt or Frank Reich? I sincerely doubt it.

Brohm may be nothing more than a back up or he may have the ability to start. WE DON"T KNOW ABOUT THAT. Green Bay wanted to keep him so that is a good sign. At the very least, hopefully he is a better back up than Trent or Fitz.

Brohm may be nothing more than a back up or he may have the ability to start. WE DON"T KNOW ABOUT THAT. Green Bay wanted to keep him so that is a good sign. At the very least, hopefully he is a better back up than Trent or Fitz.

With due respect, I think Green Bay knows a thing or two about identifying QB talent. He wasn't even on their roster. At this point, I'd say quit messing around and see what we can do about getting Michael Vick in here. I've never been a big Vick guy, and I don't even think has was that great in Atlanta. But he's better than any QB we've brought in since Jim Kelly left. Enough of this Brohm, Fitzpatrick, Edwards crap already. They all suck.

Guest dog14787
With due respect, I think Green Bay knows a thing or two about identifying QB talent. He wasn't even on their roster. At this point, I'd say quit messing around and see what we can do about getting Michael Vick in here. I've never been a big Vick guy, and I don't even think has was that great in Atlanta. But he's better than any QB we've brought in since Jim Kelly left. Enough of this Brohm, Fitzpatrick, Edwards crap already. They all suck.

Vick also sucks at the QB position in my opinion, and this is coming from someone who has followed Vick throughout his career. Vick is very talented athletically, but has major problems when it comes to reading defenses, he just doesn't have what it takes upstairs in my opinion.

If he plays what you will see isn't what he can do.

If he plays you will see what he can do without knowing the system very well.

Huge difference there. He won't be on the same page as the WRs. He won't be able to audible out of bad plays. He won't know where the WRs are supposed to be. He will be seriously handicapped.

Really good point, if he had been training up in Green Bay he was learning the WCO and now needs to learn the Bills podunk O.

This staff doesn't need to throw the guy into the fire just yet...

Another thought is starting Fred Jackson, I like the guy and hope he can hold up under the burden of starting and returning kick offs, nothing like wearing down an already older RB.

Vick also sucks at the QB position in my opinion, and this is coming from someone who has followed Vick throughout his career. Vick is very talented athletically, but has major problems when it comes to reading defenses, he just doesn't have what it takes upstairs in my opinion.

The entire nation followed Vick's career. I agree that he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's something/someone you can build an offense around. And how does anyone know he sucks? He hasn't started in over 2 years. There isn't too many quality free agent QBs. I just think Vick could be both exciting and successful. He'd at least give us a better chance at a winning season.

Guest dog14787
The entire nation followed Vick's career. I agree that he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's something/someone you can build an offense around. And how does anyone know he sucks? He hasn't started in over 2 years. There isn't too many quality free agent QBs. I just think Vick could be both exciting and successful. He'd at least give us a better chance at a winning season.

Vick sucked before he was locked up so ask yourself, do we want to win a championship or sell tickets.

Vick sucked before he was locked up so ask yourself, do we want to win a championship or sell tickets.

How about both ...

NFL records and milestones

In 2006, Vick became the only quarterback in NFL history to rush for over 1,000 yards during the regular season.

In 2006, Vick set the NFL record for most yards per carry in a season with 8.4.

Vick (1,039 yards) and Dunn (1,140) became the first QB/RB tandem in NFL history to each go over the 1,000-yard rushing mark in the same season. They became the fourth set of teammates in league history to each have 1,000 or more yards.

Made his third Pro Bowl in 2005 as he passed for 2,412 yards and 16 touchdowns in addition to leading all NFL quarterbacks with 597 rushing yards and six scores.

Named to the second Pro Bowl of his career after leading the Falcons to their third division title in team history and breaking numerous NFL and team records in 2004.

Set an NFL postseason record for a quarterback with 119 rushing yards in the 2004 NFC Divisional playoff win against the Rams.

Became the first quarterback to throw for more than 250 yards and rush for over 100 yards in the same game in Denver (October 31, 2004).

I would love for us to act and get a real GM and new evaluator of personnel in place ASAP. This guy could be the next Jim Kelly or Kelly Holcomb but with John Guy making the decisions my gut says not a QB of the future. I didnt understand the move at all given totaly upheival that should occur in the front office

How do you "not understand the move AT ALL"? the only thing it cost us to sign him was getting rid of hamdan. I liked this guy outta college and still think he can make a great pro. Yes i understand that a new regime will decimate the roster, but isn't it nice to have a guy who could potentialy be our starter already on the roster? makes a **** load of sense to me.

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, after Brohm was demoted in Green Bay ...

Brohm's base salary of $385,000 was wiped out. He and the seven other members of the Packers' practice squad signed for the minimum of $5,200 a week or $88,400 for 17 weeks.

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, after Brohm was demoted in Green Bay ...

Brohm's base salary of $385,000 was wiped out. He and the seven other members of the Packers' practice squad signed for the minimum of $5,200 a week or $88,400 for 17 weeks.

The $2 Million figure most likely includes his signing bonus.

Hey guys,

Big Pack fan here. I wouldn't discard Brohm as your average 3rd stringer and couldn't make the roster. McCarthy is taking A lot of heat from us Packer fans for putting Brohm on the Practice squad because he wanted to keep 3 fullbacks. His reasoning is to help out our horrid special teams.

But back on track is that is the only reason Brohm was signed to our practice squad. I believe the kid can do good, not every QB gets to train in GB. And McCarthy loves coaching his QB's.

Hey guys,

Big Pack fan here. I wouldn't discard Brohm as your average 3rd stringer and couldn't make the roster. McCarthy is taking A lot of heat from us Packer fans for putting Brohm on the Practice squad because he wanted to keep 3 fullbacks. His reasoning is to help out our horrid special teams.

But back on track is that is the only reason Brohm was signed to our practice squad. I believe the kid can do good, not every QB gets to train in GB. And McCarthy loves coaching his QB's.

Thanks for your input as a Pack fan.

Actually, those 'facts' are VERY debatable.

Fitzpatrick was Cincy's starting QB most of last season and he's now been named the Bills starting QB, so saying he's a career backup when he's been a starter the last two seasons of his very short not-quite-yet-5-year career is inaccurate.

I listed Brohm's CV in another thread, but here is is again...

6' 4" 228 lbs. (Jim Kelly-sized)

Born 1985, Louisville, KY (24 years old, 'cold-weather tested')

Named one of Top 5 H.S./Prep QBs in America 2003

Scholarship offers from Notre Dame, Tennessee, Alabama, Pittsburgh, Nebraska, Purdue, Illinois et al.

Played 4 years at Louisville, started 3 years, 2006 Heisman Candidate

Ranked Top Pick in 2007 Draft by Sporting News - projected first round pick in 2007 - chose to return & play his senior year

2007 Senior year - 308 completions/473 attempts; 4024 yards; 30 TDs/12 INTs; 152 QB rating; ranked in top 10 QBs

Drafted #56 in 2008 by Green Bay (mid-2nd round)

We may have gotten lucky here - this could actually be the proverbial 'once in a while even a blind squirrel finds an acorn' for Brandon & Co.