Schotty JR. on the hotseat?

Schottenheimer on Jets hot seat - 07:55 AM ET - 11.29

Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer knows he's on the hot seat. In a week of shakeups for the free-falling Jets, Rex Ryan benched safety Kerry Rhodes and announced he would play a bigger role with the offense and the development of rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez.

per New York Daily News

I would love to look at him as an Offensive Coordinator. That may be even more the reason for Marty to wanna come back, and help his son beat the New York Jets twice a year!

Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer knows he's on the hot seat. In a week of shakeups for the free-falling Jets, Rex Ryan benched safety Kerry Rhodes and announced he would play a bigger role with the offense and the development of rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez.

per New York Daily News

I would love to look at him as an Offensive Coordinator. That may be even more the reason for Marty to wanna come back, and help his son beat the New York Jets twice a year!

More likely, Schottenheimer SR as GM, Schottenheimer JR as HC?

per New York Daily News

What do you like about Brian Schottenheimer?

What do you like about Brian Schottenheimer?

What DON'T YOU like about Brian Schottenheimer?

I like the fact he came from and learned from a pretty darn good coach in his father, and his uncle is also a coach in the NFL on the DEFENSIVE side of the ball. Seemed to work out nice for the Ryan boys, Kyle Shanahan, Wade Phillips...and I wanna say the Harbaughs, but I don't think their Dad was ever a coach.

He is a young, up and coming, fiery guy who gets the best from his offensive players and he knows how to set up an executable game plan, and he can playcall a game.

I also like the fact that he was the quarterbacks coach in San Diego where he mentored Drew Brees and Philip Rivers.

I also like the fact that he has coached at 3 different stops ALL with his Father. Great way to learn.

I also like the fact that the Dolphins offered him the job and he opted out of consideration AND the Jets were going to offer him a Head Coaching position, but opted to go in the defensive direction with Rex Ryan...maybe flaming out on a great guy to coach their teams...why not give him a shot? He has credentials and if he turned this team around, how pissed do you think the Fins and Jets would be? It would be oh so sweet for us Bills fans...the ultimate victory.

He was also a part of Mike Martz's offensive staff that produced the "Greatest Show on Turf," just 2 years prior to them winning the Super Bowl. His stop in Kansas City was not much, but he did get Gannon ready for Oakland where he would go a year later, and end up playing in a Super Bowl against the Bucs just 2 years after that.

I also like the fact that he led Syracuse's offensive that produced a hand full of NFL players (David Tyree, Kevin Sampson, Dee Brown, Quinton Spotwood, James Mungro, Kyle Johnson) in 1999 and also led them to the Music City Bowl victory over Kentucky, ending with a 10-3 record and a #18 spot in the nation, in the AP and Coaches Poll. All this was done while trying to replace SU legends Donovan McNabb, Rob Konrad, Kevin Johnson and Olindo Mare. He replaced McNabb with a no-name in Troy Nunes and he helped Nate Trout set the Syracuse all-time leading scorer record in 1999. He also helped in the recruiting process of Johnnie Morant, Diamond Ferri, Walter Reyes, Matt Tarullo and Adam Terry...all of them either are still in the NFL, or had previous stints with an NFL club.

He was an advocate for getting Brett Favre and he was in on the Braylon Edwards trade as well.

Here is some more I like about him if this all is not enough for you:

- Brian Schottenheimer was retained by Rex Ryan as offensive coordinator after one of the best offensive seasons in franchise history. He was originally named the Jets’ coordinator on Jan. 30, 2006, coming to the team after serving as quarterbacks coach for the San Diego Chargers for four seasons (2002-05). Schottenheimer’s offensive scheme features multiple sets and flexibility as well as a no-huddle component.

- After acquiring Brett Favre in 2008 the Jets scored 405 points, only the third time in franchise history that they reached 400 points, and their 42 offensive touchdowns were their most since 1998. The offense ranked 16th in the NFL in total yards and 9th in rushing yards, both rankings the team's highest since 2004. The running game, led by Pro Bowlers Thomas Jones (AFC-leading 1,312 rushing yards, team-record 13 rushing TDs) and Leon Washington (448 yards, 6 rushing TDs), averaged 4.75 ypc, fifth in the league and the best season mark in franchise history.

- In 2007 Schottenheimer's offense produced a 1,000-yard rusher in Thomas Jones (1,119) and a 1,000-yard receiver in Jerricho Cotchery (1,130).

- In 2006 Chad Pennington completed 65% of his passes for a career-best 3,352 yards while Cotchery (82-961-6) and Laveranues Coles (91-1,098-6) combined for the most catches by any receiver tandem in franchise history.

- At San Diego, Schottenheimer was instrumental in the development of QB Drew Brees. Under his tutelage in 2005, Brees completed 64.6% of his passes for a career-best 3,576 yards and tied for fourth in the NFL with 24 TD passes.

*NOW...ANSWER MY QUESTION...WHAT DON'T YOU LIKE ABOUT BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER?!?

Everybody wants his old, washed up, has-been of a coach Father who cannot produce in the playoffs...I would rather have this kid for many, many years...and watch Lynch and Jackson gain 1,000 yards and make the pro-bowl. I would also like to see what he could do for our QB troubles. If he did that with Pennington, he COULD get that out of Edwards. If he could get that out of JERICHO COTCHERY (who?), he could get that out of Lee Evans and MUCH more.

I do my homework on this stuff...please do not insult my knowledge with your smart-ass comments...so, again, WHAT DO YOU NOT LIKE ABOUT BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER??? I will be waiting to hear this...

hes not much better than avp

wow...you must know absolutely NOTHING AT ALL about football. this is the most retarded thing i have ever read by a poster at TBD...and i have read AND SAID some stupid ****!

yup...YOU should be GM alright. maybe of a pop warner league or your high school cheerleading team.

wow...you must know absolutely NOTHING AT ALL about football.

this is the most retarded thing i have ever read by a poster at TBD...and i have read AND SAID some stupid ****!

your right hes great!!! hes the only reseason the bills won the first game against the jets and he kept us in the last one...

hes throwing the ball late in the 4th qrt with a lead when they are running all over us the guy is a (*^*&%^$^#like yourself

it almost cost him when poz sacked kellen and he fumbled he got lucky we didnt recover

if hes so great why is he about to get fired?

your right hes great!!! hes the only reseason the bills won the first game against the jets and he kept us in the last one...

hes throwing the ball late in the 4th qrt with a lead when they are running all over us the guy is a (*^*&%^$^#like yourself

it almost cost him when poz sacked kellen and he fumbled he got lucky we didnt recover

Mostly because he is NOT Rex Ryan's guy...he is a holdover.

And let me ask you, ya dumb !@#$...is he the one throwing and/or fumbling the ball?

Is it his fault that Clemens was in the guy because Sanchez was an idiot and didnt slide?

Come on man...come up with something better than that? Give me some stats? Some facts?

I may be a dipshit...but at least I can back up my arguments with facts and stats...and by this post, I feel I have A LOT more knowledge of the game than you do.

So, go study little man. You and your 93 posts...I hope your 1st post was not as dull and stupid as your last couple have been! Good riddance.

Oh, and the 1st Bills/Jets game...I dont think he was the one who threw 5 INT's you moron.

they rushed for over 300 yds and still lost lol hes a real good oc

Is that your only argument...based on 1 game from this season alone?

How old are you? Do you follow football? Did you ever play football? Do you EVER do ANY research?

You are the type of person who I would give ANYTHING to kick your damn teeth out!

Go get Michael Vick...he is going to save our franchise and bring us a Super Bowl!

Yeah, I'm sure that had nothing to do with Sanchez being a rookie who is inexperienced even for a first-year guy. I'm sure that had nothing to do with it. It is all the OC's fault (sigh, shake head).