Gay Marriage Bill Defeated In NYS Senate

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it (marriage as a secular institution) really necessary in today's age? (Blue) Men and woman have the same equal protection now compared to other bygone eras.

Isn't that what wills are for? (Green)

Because gay marriage is off the societal baseline/norm and sharing more benefits costs society more. Deviant behavior and lifestyle's should pay more. (Red)

Again... This whole issue is about defining a line and setting limits. But, I am an idiot... So who cares.

You aren't an idiot. You just have an opinion that is different from the norm. I sure hope you never lose the right to have that opinion, because the oversized government has stepped in

You just have an opinion that is different from the norm.

The norm seems to be not allowing gay unions to be recognized as "marriage" by the state/gov't. I have an opinion that doesn't fit what the others are saying. I believe it is a sound social opinion when weighing all the issues.

Like JA said... We are just gonna have to die off. Me personally, I really don't think that is going to do the trick when it comes to this subject. Take a look at the numbers... Even liberal uber-nanny state is saying no way.

The norm seems to be not allowing gay unions to be recognized as "marriage" by the state/gov't. I have an opinion that doesn't fit what the others are saying. I believe it is a sound social opinion when weighing all the issues.

Like JA said... We are just gonna have to die off. Me personally, I really don't think that is going to do the trick when it comes to this subject. Take a look at the numbers... Even liberal uber-nanny state is saying no way.

I don't understand why marriage has to exist at all. Aside from tax benefits, what is the real value?

Your characterization is wrong there. The nanny-state is both Democratic and Republican. The Republicans want motherment to protect them from where people put their cocks in their bedrooms. And how people marry. And from saying "breasts" on TV.

Younger people don't care if gays marry. At all. Die and the problem is easily solved. Actually, in about 10 years when the generation ahead of you is dead, the problem will be solved so you'll see it in your lifetime. Right now the fight is close so it can be brought. In another decade the fight will be over.

Your characterization is wrong there. The nanny-state is both Democratic and Republican. The Republicans want motherment to protect them from where people put their cocks in their bedrooms. And how people marry. And from saying "breasts" on TV.

Younger people don't care if gays marry. At all. Die and the problem is easily solved. Actually, in about 10 years when the generation ahead of you is dead, the problem will be solved so you'll see it in your lifetime. Right now the fight is close so it can be brought. In another decade the fight will be over.

Does that include lawyers? (Red) :rolleyes:

Be careful what you wish for.

It is about that. It is about the societal line between what is deviant and what is not.

And we need our government to decide that for us. And we need them to invade our houses and bedrooms to make sure we follow their strict orders.......That is what the US of A is all about!

• 2 weeks later...
this is what happens when religion takes over....

Hey AD

Personal "crusades" (posting the same information/opinion in an excessively repetitive manner. We want posters to share opinions not bludgeon others to death with them.)

I would think this would seem to fit at this point.

• 4 weeks later...