Drew Brees stats...

sharper802

For year 3 ---> 205 of 356, 57.6%, 2108 yards, 11TD 15INT

I know people will want to eviscerate me but I still believe it is too early to give up on Trent Edwards. We have no idea what DJ did to his psyche. Fitz was only exposed to him for a short period of time. While in no way should he be given the job back, he should not be released at the end of the year either. He should be allowed to compete with Fitz, Brohm, and a draft pick. He will be in the last year of his contract and will not be costly to keep. Do what San Diego did. Bring in competition and hope we have to choose between two QB's that can play.

I know people will want to eviscerate me but I still believe it is too early to give up on Trent Edwards. We have no idea what DJ did to his psyche. Fitz was only exposed to him for a short period of time. While in no way should he be given the job back, he should not be released at the end of the year either. He should be allowed to compete with Fitz, Brohm, and a draft pick. He will be in the last year of his contract and will not be costly to keep. Do what San Diego did. Bring in competition and hope we have to choose between two QB's that can play.

In 11 games.

That following a 60% 17TD season. He was still growing.

Trent threw for 11 TDs last year in 14 games, his high. And 2700 yards, also his high. Then came this year which has been a complete and total disaster. Fitz is the backup. Trent is gone.

You're right. The only reason Brees even started season 4 was because Rivers held-out. Just like Brees, Edwards is entering the last year of his contract. He'll be around next year at his meager salary, and he'll probably be given the option to compete. We'll see how it turns out. Eli took well into his fourth year to emerge as a franchise QB too. I don't have faith in Trent at this point, but it makes no sense to cut him.

The first priority is to rebuild the O-line. I agree with drafting a QB in the first or 2nd round and have an open competition for the starting QB slot. If the Bills FO decides to cut Trent loose after this season and decide to draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round, I think the Bills should have Fitz being the starting QB next year and give the rookie QB a year to watch and develop (like the Bengals did with Palmer his first year).