Charlie Weiss update...

Alphadawg7

Just heard on ESPN that Weiss has already been contacted by 6 NFL teams to be their OC, not HC next season and Weiss said he would have a hard time arguing with being an OC next year if he is officially canned as HC at ND.

One of the things I was thinking about Weiss is that he wouldnt be open to an OC position after being a HC...but sounds like he is on board with it...I wonder if we are one of the 6 teams thats contacted him.

Just heard on ESPN that Weiss has already been contacted by 6 NFL teams to be their OC, not HC next season and Weiss said he would have a hard time arguing with being an OC next year if he is officially canned as HC at ND.

One of the things I was thinking about Weiss is that he wouldnt be open to an OC position after being a HC...but sounds like he is on board with it...I wonder if we are one of the 6 teams thats contacted him.

I never thought that. CW is not stupid.

According to the Peter Principle, he reached his level of incompetence as a head coach in big-time college. Stands to reason he would take a step back down to where he did have success.

For the record, I would be ecstatic to have him as an OC. It would be interesting to see what he could do with Brohm, at the very least.

I never thought that. CW is not stupid.

According to the Peter Principle, he reached his level of incompetence as a head coach in big-time college. Stands to reason he would take a step back down to where he did have success.

For the record, I would be ecstatic to have him as an OC. It would be interesting to see what he could do with Brohm, at the very least.

I didnt think he would get a HC job, but his name has been mentioned as a HC candidate, even for Buffalo. So, I was thinking he would think he had a shot at a HC spot somewhere and would wait and see what happens with that before considering a OC job...

I dont want him as a HC either, but at OC he is interesting...

I didnt think he would get a HC job, but his name has been mentioned as a HC candidate, even for Buffalo. So, I was thinking he would think he had a shot at a HC spot somewhere and would wait and see what happens with that before considering a OC job...

I dont want him as a HC either, but at OC he is interesting...

Vouchsafe that CW realizes he needs to re-establish himself. He needs success in this next job.

He was successful as an OC. Success as a HC is uncertain, and it leaves nowhere to go but down.

Vouchsafe that CW realizes he needs to re-establish himself. He needs success in this next job.

He was successful as an OC. Success as a HC is uncertain, and it leaves nowhere to go but down.

Yeah, he definitely needs success in his next stop...If not, he is going to be labeled as someone who had success because he had Brady to work with and BB...

Can't believe I already checked to see if this topic existed. LOL.

I have this to stir the pot with that comes with ABSOLUTELY no knowledge of any inside info nor a great knowledge of college football other than how it applies to the next draft.

How attractive would this look to a candidate to fill both the GM and Head Coach position.

Charlie Wiess

Jimmy Clausen

Charlie seemed to do pretty well under Belicheck as an OC if I recall. A guy that needs to rebound. Supposedly he has been contacted by 6 teams for an OC position. His name has even been mentioned with the Buffalo vacancy at HC. From what I hear the QB and the coach had a great relationship. Wiess could help "translate" the NFL for Clausen and perhaps present a unique opportunity to start fast minimizing our pain of waiting 2 years to see if we even get the slightest inkling that the guy might make it at QB.

I wonder if any one of the big names we have approached for the HC job might prefer Wiess for OC which many have to be thinking already AND if they have an eye for Clausen in the draft the opportunity for such a synergy might be difficult to resist. Buffalo is perhaps the only team that can offer a new super coach the ability to draft a new QB, pick their own offensive coordinator with little discussion AND assume some if not all the GM's duties and responsibility for player talent moves.

Let Russ Brandon handle the contract negotiations and all the back office BS associated with running the "Buffalo Bills" the business.

LET COWER OR SHANAHAN RUN THE TEAM!!