Fitzy

firemedic

I'm not minding this guy too much.

Makes good plays when he's not running for his life, way to go OL in the 4th, it was enough to win.

I love blowing out Miami :blink:

I'm with you. We have to remember, he's still a young player himself. He looks MUCH better right now than he did when he first came in for Trent. He seems to be improving, and he's definitely got a little moxie to boot.

I'm with you. We have to remember, he's still a young player himself. He looks MUCH better right now than he did when he first came in for Trent. He seems to be improving, and he's definitely got a little moxie to boot.

Doesnt look bad at all. He's getting us a lot closer to 300 yards passing than most in the past have.

Guest dog14787

Makes good plays when he's not running for his life, way to go OL in the 4th, it was enough to win.

I love blowing out Miami :unsure:

Fitz looked like a starting QB in the National Football league today, and a good one :blink:

He played well enough to win, and against Miami ...it made my year :blink:

The thing is, Fitz played well and I only can wonder if he will start to regress at some point like Edwards and JP have in the past. Is it because of coaching or the amount of hits they took while trying to throw?

Time will tell...

I'm back.

I'm kinda leaning towards him starting next year with Brohm and/or draft pick as backup.

We'll have a line next year(hopefully) and imagine what Fitz can do with a line..............

Brohm and/or draft pick can be worked in slow(the way it should be) while Fitzy shows what he can do.

Fitz was impressive behind that patchwork line.

Go figure, Fitzy was sacked 6 times pressured a whole ton more and was still able to over come that and be productive and win the game going away.

Trent sure as !@#$ can't do that! All the Trent supporters just want to blame the o-line for his poor play.

Today was all the proof you need to see that Trent is NOT and NFL caliber QB. Fitzy gets it done behind the same o-line Trent doesn't get it done.

One point missing is the fact that this might be the worst offensive line in the league and maybe in the history of Bills football. Think about the amount of changes on the line, even the ones made going into today.

And he still made plays. Not saying he's great, just giving him credit where credit is due.

I'm back.

I'm kinda leaning towards him starting next year with Brohm and/or draft pick as backup.

We'll have a line next year(hopefully) and imagine what Fitz can do with a line..............

Brohm and/or draft pick can be worked in slow(the way it should be) while Fitzy shows what he can do.

You're kidding, right? Mr. 58 passer rating a starter? WOW. One win turns fans' brains into mush

Guest dog14787
Absolutely. Fitz is a starting QB that just lacks the physical gifts, prototype for a great backup.

Strong armed, intelligent, runs good, there's allot to like about Ryan Fitzpatrick

Strong armed, intelligent, runs good, there's allot to like about Ryan Fitzpatrick

great so we have frank reich(fitz), thurman thomas (fred) and andre reed (lee) covered.

just waiting on kent hull, jim kelly, bruce smith, james lofton and darryl talley to show up

all I know is I doubt we would have won that game with Trent. Between the sacks not rattling his game, committing to those (very ballsy) runs, and the willingness to make huge throws, Fitz carried the team through the game. Trent would have been sacked 10 times, he would not have made the big throws, and he certainly would not have inspired the team to keep fighting. I'm beginning to warm to the idea of having a draft QB study under Fitz for a year while we see if we can't develop a serious long term franchise QB. Fitz is smart, can run, and has terrific chemistry with the WRs, especially TO. Fitz shouldn't be considered a solution in terms of a five year plan, but I think the last couple weeks shows that we should not be so quick to throw him under the bus.

But yeah, can anyone honestly see Trent ever playing for us again?

Guest dog14787

Fitz was 17 out of 26 for 246 yards, rushed for 50 yards and a TD, threw a TD and finished the day with a 92.8 QB rating and a win.

Guest dog14787
each game that fitzpatrick plays good means one step closer to trent edwards hitting the trail.. which sounds good in my book. :D

Good grief, TE's sitting on the bench so get over it. ( I actually seen him trying to get involved helping Fitz)

You guys can't enjoy a win without running a current player into the ground? :flirt:

great so we have frank reich(fitz), thurman thomas (fred) and andre reed (lee) covered.

just waiting on kent hull, jim kelly, bruce smith, james lofton and darryl talley to show up

Seriously, you think Lee is closer to Andre Reed than TO, or that TO is not vastly superior to James Lofton? Holy brainless monkey spam, batman! 2 games since DJ was canned and Trent was benched and TO is looking like, well, TO. Coincidence? I doubt it.

Guest dog14787
Fitz was very Tebow like today. :D

What Fitz did today behind a makeshift O-line was spectacular, can't say enough about the guys effort and courage :w00t:

He played well enough to win, and against Miami ...it made my year :D

The thing is, Fitz played well and I only can wonder if he will start to regress at some point like Edwards and JP have in the past. Is it because of coaching or the amount of hits they took while trying to throw?

Time will tell...

Edwards play did not regress. He sucked from day 1. He was the epitome of Dick Jauron. He was simply trying not to be the reason we lost games. He was never actually trying to win and make big plays. He did not "dictate" anything to the defense. He made the safe play from the first time he took the field. Everyone like his high completion rating and assumed he would get more confidence and go downfield. He never did. But he did not get any worse, he always sucked. Check the stats.

Edwards play did not regress. He sucked from day 1. He was the epitome of Dick Jauron. He was simply trying not to be the reason we lost games. He was never actually trying to win and make big plays. He did not "dictate" anything to the defense. He made the safe play from the first time he took the field. Everyone like his high completion rating and assumed he would get more confidence and go downfield. He never did. But he did not get any worse, he always sucked. Check the stats.

True that!

I love blowing out Miami :D

he's so refreshing because he is not a wimp....barely below average QB talent...above average athlete

Also, if fitz plays this well regularly, I wouldn't mind having him start while we draft and grow a rookie. I don't like the idea of brohm and edwards being seen as the young ones to "groom" and I assume that whoever the new coach is will feel the same way. But drafting a good prospect QB and starting fitz seems to be a method that would please me.

The only detriment is not seeing Brohm.

Fitzy is a serviceable back-up, and I would like to have him on the team. He is gutsy, smart, and can make plays that win games.

Edward's is hitting the trail...there is more than we know, and/or will ever know concerning the resounding thud with which he fell from the team brass' grace. I can say that I feel, my opinion, that he tanked it in Tennessee. I know others feel that way too, but in my book that is your ticket out of town. We have to have him right now, in case something happened to Fitzie and Brohm, but he is a quitter. I liked him, I supported him, and I was wrong. I don't quit on this team when times are tough, neither should our guys... It would have been real easy for T.O. to ride out the season and skate out of town, and blame our obvious ineptness as the reason for his poor year, and who in their right mind would argue? He didn't do that, he isn't doing that...he is allergic to losing. I think Fitzie is the same way, and I love a guy who plays with that much heart.

Heart aside, remember the play to Evans last week, the TD that got called back...that took everything Fitzy had to deliver that ball...it should have been an easy completion. He is not a tier 1 QB, and while teams without that guy have won, I don't think he would. I hope I am wrong again, but we need a franchise QB...the kind of guy that my kid wants to wear his jersey to the games 15 years after he retired.

I'm back.

One game.

You don't marry a girl after one date.

Edwards looked good last season before a severe concussion at Arizona, the Bills were 5-0 at one point.

Edwards played well in the opener at New England this season, then the O line started getting banged up and the the play of the both the line and Edwards suffered. I've seen the hits the guy has taken this season and have been surprised he has gotten up after some of them, the game he suffered a concussion in... he didn't finish. The Bills have the worst O line in the NFL, they max protect most of the time and still can't block adequately.

With Fitz getting sacked 6 times in this game alone it makes me wonder how many more games he needs to play before you start saying he sucked from day one.

Guest dog14787
Like how you run TO into the ground calling him a "cancer?" That cancer was our best reciever the past 2 games. Someone find a cure!

I could personally care less what T.O.'s stats are in a losing effort.

How about saving all your pissing and moaning for a loss.