Alphadawg7

How long does an A list coach have?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What time frame will Bills fan have before they turn on him too

• Better see improvements and be atlest .500
    • Needs to make playoffs next year
    • Needs to make playoffs by year 2
    • He has 3 years to get us above .500 and into the playoffs

How long will it take before Bills fan turn on the head coach if we go out and get a big name? Whats his window fans will allow for the team to struggle while he comes in and tries to build a winner?

I can see it now...Shannahan comes in and we go 7-9 or even say 6-10 and Bills fans are going to be coming out of the woods to start screaming he was a terrible hire and that he cant win without TD and Elway and that the game has passed him by.

So, what do you think the window of patience is before fans turn on him while he tries to turn this team around (or any other A list coach we would get).

I say who ever takes over needs to be given at least 3 years because who ever it is will taking over a team without a QB and I would assume we will either develop Brohm (if he shows enough promise) or we will draft someone this year and those guys will need time to develop under a new coach.

I believe that in today's NFL it's commonly accepted that a new regime has to be successful within 3 seasons. Although we've been without the playoffs for 10 seasons now, I think you must allow a new regime two whole seasons to rebuild without playoff expectations. The third season is "go time". Just my fifth of a dime.

I believe that in today's NFL it's commonly accepted that a new regime has to be successful within 3 seasons. Although we've been without the playoffs for 10 seasons now, I think you must allow a new regime two whole seasons to rebuild without playoff expectations. The third season is "go time". Just my fifth of a dime.

Pretty much how I woudl see it too. Especially since its very likely we will bringing in a new QB or grooming Brohm if he can show enough to the staff. Although I think even if Brohm shows promise, I think the Bills will still take a QB by round 3. I think the advantage of Brohm is if he shows enough promise we can then go LT in round 1 and look at QB's in round 2 or 3.

So, the new regime needs to have enough time to groom a QB to lead this team.

I think it is generally accepted that a coach has done a good job if by the end of year three, his team has a winning record and makes the playoffs.

Therefore a coach deserves three years to show improvement and turn it around. Of course the GM and personnel people need to get the right players in there too.