Gruden did NOT turn down the Buffalo Bills...

SDS

He turned down the ENTIRE NFL. That means NO job opening was more appealing to him than his gig at ESPN. NONE. ZIP. NADA.

and yes, this needed its own thread because it has been said so many times in other threads that I felt the need to set you snapperheads straight. :thumbsup:

I think he should go back to coaching. He's awful on ESPN. He always has that snarky grin that looks like he's about to pull a wedgie on Tirico & Jaws.

hmmm....

Gruden can work a few days a week for 17 weeks, then spend the rest of the year doing whatever he wants, and STILL make the salary of a top NFL coach.

No constant criticism, no 17 hr days, none of the weekly grind, nobody calling for your firing....

PLUS you get a marquee game every week (well most weeks)!

That would be a tough gig to give up.

Thank you. Think I posted something about Gruden deciding to stay in the MNF broadcast booth before any rumor of the Bills' potential interest in him surfaced -- in fact, while Jauron was still the head coach. As if I needed any more proof that most of this board has me on ignore. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Don't feel bad, dear lady.

My guess is that I am among the leading "Ignorees". I suspect DC Tom is a worthy competitor for the crown. :thumbsup:

There's a small cadre of knee-biters here when logged in that rush to post after I do, so as to wipe away my nom de guerre from display.

There's even a poster, who saw fit to kipe both my avatar and profile line. They grind exceeding small, don't they?

As Dicken's Tiny Tim said..."God bless us all. Everyone!"

:thumbsup: