More Jihadi's busted in Minnesota

Terror Charges Unsealed in Minneapolis Against Eight Men, Justice Department Announces

Who has more, Michigan or Minnesota? Are these two states in a race to see who can become the first Islamic state of America?

How and why do you think Obama and Holder decided to bust them?

Aren't you also parroting each and every claim that Obama is a puss and "pro terror?"

so..whats your point, it's Islamic fundamentalism and the home grown terrorist I thought we were examining here.

People that can't differentiate one from the other are ignorant.

Thank you, but actually, the proper terms are foreign and domestic. If you want to bring religious beliefs into the discussion, there are some things that people from this country will find offensive

Thank you, but actually, the proper terms are foreign and domestic. If you want to bring religious beliefs into the discussion, there are some things that people from this country will find offensive

How's this for a distinction where the lines are pretty clear.

The woman who shot Steve McNair was a psychpath murderer. Her Islamic heritage has nothing to do with her act, and no one in their right mind should even consider linking the two.

Nidal Hasan is a psychpath murderer, who allegedly commited his act as an act of personal jihad. His Islamic heritage has everything to do with his act, and everyone in their right mind should consider linking the two.

Is that simple enough for you?

How's this for a distinction where the lines are pretty clear.

The woman who shot Steve McNair was a psychpath murderer. Her Islamic heritage has nothing to do with her act, and no one in their right mind should even consider linking the two.

Nidal Hasan is a psychpath murderer, who allegedly commited his act as an act of personal jihad. His Islamic heritage has everything to do with his act, and everyone in their right mind should consider linking the two.

Is that simple enough for you?

You'd make a ****ty lawyer.

You'd make a ****ty lawyer.

Well you could argue that Hasan simply went "postal" because of the harsh working environment (mental disorder is contagious) and the insensitivity of his peers dealing with his distress.

The only problem with that defense is that his political and religious belief was at the core of his distress and dysfunction.

His conscientious objection could have been handled in a peaceful manner but he chose an act of violence, consistent with the acts of the ones he sympathized with.

A little off the subject but I feel a very good read:

A Quaker in the Military - Reflections of a Pacifist among the Warriors

so..whats your point, it's Islamic fundamentalism and the home grown terrorist I thought we were examining here.

People that can't differentiate one from the other are ignorant.

I'm fine with calling domestic terrorist such as Major Hasan and Tim McVeigh traitors and declaring foreign terrorists as those levying war against our country. Americans who give aid and comfort to our enemies are traitors. Foreigners who do so are despicable and deserve deportation if they live within our borders.

Well you could argue that Hasan simply went "postal" because of the harsh working environment (mental disorder is contagious) and the insensitivity of his peers dealing with his distress.

Bingo! You hit the nail right on the head, that's Big Pu$$y's argument :thumbsup:

(a) Well you could argue that Hasan simply went "postal" because of the harsh working environment (mental disorder is contagious) and the insensitivity of his peers dealing with his distress.

(b) The only problem with that defense is that his political and religious belief was at the core of his distress and dysfunction.

It's a semantic argument, it really is. So you'll have to excuse my nit-picking:

But if we acknowledge the existence of (a), then the use of "core" in (b) is misleading because it assumes his religion and beliefs were the sole cause for his aggression.

Personally, I view the situation as the following:

Hasan went "postal" because of a combination of his mental instability, the harsh working environment (mental disorder is contagious), the insensitivity of his peers dealing with his distress, and because he had a committed himself to an irrational, twisted political and religious ideology that encouraged his violent behavior.

But if you were to ask some of the posters here, by acknowledging all four factors, I've somehow refuted the involvement of his political and religious beliefs because I don't accept them as the main influence on his behavior. That's simply not the case. But you seem like someone capable of an adult conversation, so so far, so good!

It's a semantic argument, it really is. So you'll have to excuse my nit-picking:

But if we acknowledge the existence of (a), then the use of "core" in (b) is misleading because it assumes his religion and beliefs were the sole cause for his aggression.

Personally, I view the situation as the following:

Hasan went "postal" because of a combination of his mental instability, the harsh working environment (mental disorder is contagious), the insensitivity of his peers dealing with his distress, and because he had a committed himself to an irrational, twisted political and religious ideology that encouraged his violent behavior.

But if you were to ask some of the posters here, by acknowledging all four factors, I've somehow refuted the involvement of his political and religious beliefs because I don't accept them as the main influence on his behavior. That's simply not the case. But you seem like someone capable of an adult conversation, so so far, so good!

Haha, you haven't read very many of my post so I would hold off on any assumption`of my capabilities to act as an adult

Those(all) who become involved with radical Islam now filter all their past, present and future world though those beliefs and act according ... Regardless what caused the straw to break the camels back there will be enough evidence later to prove he fell victim to the radical ideology and acted on it with conviction, passion and purpose .. hence the statement "Allah Akbar" and not "I'm gonna get you suckas"

Could this have been prevented .. yes. Is he an accidental terrorist...only in America